Religion

Goddamnit. I didn't want to open my mouth, but now I have to.

First of all, much like Diego, I'm an atheist and believe it or not, I understand where his anger is coming from in regards to Christianity and other religions in general. Christianity is responsible for the most religious deaths in human history, however, I do agree that Diego shouldn't throw textual barbs at another user based upon religious beliefs; even if it's directed at a troll like Jason.

As far as Jason is concerned, you must realize that the world is progressing. The younger generation are not buying into religion anymore. The world is changing and I think it's a good thing. I'm pretty sure you're a troll but just in case you're not, I will choose my words carefully. I don't want to offend anyone because of what they were taught. You were most likely brought up on Christianity, so it isn't your fault that it's all you know. I was baptized Catholic and went to church every Sunday until I was 19. The reason I stopped believing is because I watched my family and other believers publicly discredit the factual scientific research of the world's most intelligent thinkers to follow the promises of a guy who treats the Bible like a history book. The Bible is a metaphor. It is no more factual than Aesop's fables. In fact, the stories in the Bible are actually recycled from generations preceding the first written copy of the Bible.

More importantly, primitive man gave worship to sun gods, wind gods, and sea gods, because they didn't know any better. There were no scientists to tell them otherwise. In addition to that, from generation to generation, from era to era, religion was invented by man to implement a moral code amongst primitive civilizations in order to reach some sort of solace. It is and has always been a means to scare those who succumb to dark human desires and to motivate them to find emotional security. Over time, humans became much smarter and began to use religion to brainwash the gullible. Why? Because they knew that they could (ex: Joseph Smith and Mormonism).

To tell you the truth, I believe that religion is the worst thing that has ever happened to the world. Without religion, hundreds of millions of lives would have been saved over the course of history. I guarantee Jason Shubinski just trolled the shit out of me, but in the off chance that he isn't a troll, I needed to explain my opinion very carefully without offending anybody. That is all.
Chase The Lost
06-18-2013 07:10 AM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Mr k.

Mr khan

People have been assholes and will continue to be assholes. A asshole just needs a reason to act like an asshole. Many of them use religion as an excuse to act like assholes. The point is you don't have to believe in god or believe in him to be an asshole. I myself looked though many religions that the are in the world and i am Muslim.

Jun 26 - 09:51 PM

Penny

Penny BigBang

Some total assholes on here man. You should not have said personal things about yourself.

Jun 26 - 11:46 PM

Chase The Lost

Chase: The Lost Trollfighter

I'm starting to think you two are one in the same.

Jun 27 - 04:13 AM

Penny

Penny BigBang

... did not expect this from you chase.

Jun 26 - 05:10 AM

Chase The Lost

My only mistake was creating this thread in the first place. I made this thread in response to a religious tirade posted by another user in this forum. Though I never should have made this thread for obvious reasons, I don't believe anything I said was out of line.

Jun 26 - 07:17 AM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

I believe in god. I just don't associate myself with any religion.

Jun 18 - 10:24 AM

Chase The Lost

Well, again, I apologize if I offended you, man.

Jun 18 - 12:43 PM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

It takes alot to offend me, Chase lol. It's fine though, I respect your opinion.

Jun 19 - 06:26 AM

Chase The Lost

I apologize to any user to whom I may have offended here today. I'm especially referring to my post below. Jason struck a nerve and I've probably been successfully trolled, but I got a little heated. I am truly not a hateful person by any means. I know that some of you believe in God and I'm truly sorry if I have offended anyone.

Jun 18 - 09:17 AM

Ian Caspellan

Ian Caspellan

Let's start a religion thread because of the ending of a COMEDY movie.

Jun 18 - 09:08 AM

Jason

Jason shubinski

One last quick note, Stalin is a great example of another leader who is responsible for the death of millions (approx 20mill) and religion was about as irrelevant to them as it can get. So based on my examples I have provided you with the killings of atleast 50 million people with religion having nothing to do with it.

Jun 18 - 08:42 AM

Jason

Jason shubinski

Hahaha. The first word that is typed by this "atheist" is "Goddamnit." Oh the irony.

First off, I love your anger and determination to try to prove something (which you proved nothing and provided no factual basis behind your statement that Christians who are "responsible for millions of religious deaths." PLEASE. Cite sources and give me examples of how Christians are the reason for so many deaths. All I want is historical periods and names of wars that were caused BECAUSE of the Christian faith.

It is actually quite entertaining how you post this huge "article" up as if you have something worth reading but really you said a whole lot of nothing.

And just to beat you to the punch of the things I believe you are going to say in reply to the religious deaths.

1. Hitler's massacre was not based on religion.
2. Ghengis Khan, who is responsible for killing far more than any other empirical warlord and expanding empire did so not because of religion but just expansion to his territorial reign (killed approx 10 to 15 MILLION people).

3. LASTLY, the "crusades" which are so commonly misunderstood and labeled as a religous crusade and massacre of people due to faith was actually just a quest for riches and territory as well.

PLEASE. IF you are going to sit here and try to write up some article "proving" that religion is responsible for such evil, atleast read a book, or google something. I'm embarassed for you.

Have a good day sir and may God have mercy on your prideful, confused soul.

-Jason

Jun 18 - 08:38 AM

Chase The Lost

I never said Hitler's massacre was religious based. And what the fuck would I care about saying "goddamnit" if I'm an atheist. You know what, Jason? I gave an opinion. I even said that I didn't want to offend you, but now? I don't give a damn. Here's another opinion I have. I think the way you attacked me to defend your religion is absolutely pathetic. You're no more sane than a schizophrenic. You pray to imaginary senior citizen in the sky in the hopes of rewards for your good deeds.

Let me ask you something. Who is the better person? The one who does good deeds because he'll be rewarded? Or the one that does good deeds just because it's the right thing to do?

Please go fuck yourself. Oops! Cant do that. "God" is watching.

Jun 18 - 08:59 AM

Jason

Jason shubinski

Hahaha, I don't care how many "creative" ways you make fun of God. I struck a nerve because the truth hurts my friend, even though I was just trying to make a point and not intentionally offend you. Thank you for your apology though. I apologize for making you that angry.

Have a good one.

-Jason

Jun 18 - 12:10 PM

Chase The Lost

Look, I think you're an arrogant jerk, but a heated debate about religion is probably pointless. It's not ever my intent to belittle another's beliefs. I was responding to your "Disgusting" thread. Leave religion out of it, man. Again, I apologize to you and I hope you can make posts about film in the future that aren't fueled by your personal religious beliefs. Cheers, Jason.

Jun 18 - 12:43 PM

EntertainMeOrDie

Entertain Me Or TIE

lolwhut

Jun 18 - 08:02 AM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile