This Is the End Reviews

August 26, 2015
This movie was a fun watch. When we finally get the big reveal, and the point of the film, what is "truly going on" was well delivered. I would say a minimum of 75% of the dialogue was just perfectly hilarious. I don't know how much the characters portrayed lined up with the actors in real life's personalities, even as fladerized caricatures, or if they just sort of played something that was an amalgam of the types of characters they tend to play, but so much of the interaction felt rather organic. The Michael Cera Jokes alone were to die for. Danny McBride was the funniest a-hole he has ever played, in my opinion. Really fun stuff.
½ June 11, 2013
Stupid film. Not even worth analyzing.
March 7, 2014
Though highly unlikely middle aged men get drunk and smoke weed, you can't help but fall for the dramatized versions of our favourite actors. A golden cast with everyone you could want. Each character plays an important role in the unravelling of the dreaded Judgement Day, and the essential survival to follow. This movie is executed perfectly, with hilarious lines and scenes, not to mention impressive visual effects. This is the End starts a little flat, but is definitely a worthy and 'laugh out loud' comedy, done in a unique fashion.
August 17, 2015
I LOVED this movie, it's goofy but fantastic.
August 16, 2015
A movie like this comes down to how much did you laugh. And I didn't laugh nearly enough. I thought the first 30 minutes or so was ok, with all the celebrities playing parodies of themselves. Of course I was happy to see Emma Watson. But once the second half of the movie hit, I was counting down the minutes until the end. All the stuff with the demons and Jonah Hill being possessed fell really flat for me. The very last scene was kinda fun but now I have Backstreet's Back stuck in my head.
½ August 13, 2015
This is the End was one of the best films of 2013.
August 7, 2015
One of my top ten favorites. It's a meta-comedy, it's a horror film, it's a high-concept apocalyptic story... it's just a fantastic comedy. Maybe not one of the best movies I've ever seen, but definitely one I can watch over and over again.
August 6, 2015
A gross-out comedy that sees a clique of actor friends (playing themselves) on a misadventure in the advent of an apocalypse. The intent to mock Hollywood and its spoilt celebrities is original and self-depreciativly funny. Therein also lies a story of the tight fellowship among the artistes, perhaps largely unknown to the general audience.
½ July 31, 2015
this movie is soooooo funny, during the whole film I was on such a great mood! :D
It is a little bit silly and vulgar and some people might argue about the violence in the movie but the movie is still very funny and is well done.
I was also impressed and was not expecting such a great technical surprises.
Visual effects just wowed me.
½ January 31, 2013
This is the End is a lot of fun. It's outrageous, ridiculous and most of all hilarious. There are definitely some weird points and the end is a little bit too happy, but the movie is sharp and funny.
½ July 29, 2015
I believe a movie should be judged on it's own merits, not judged based on what genre it happens to be in, or what people think it should be. This is the End was a fantastic movie. Period. A lot of the bad reviews I've read complain about it not being funny enough. And they only seem to critiquing it's humor and ignoring the greater more important parts of the film. It had epic moments at the end (and at the beginning if you didn't see it coming). The characters were great. Of course Danny McBride didn't disappoint.
I think I enjoyed this film so much because all I knew about it was that there were a lot of big actors that played themselves. That's literally all I know about it. I had no idea it was about the Apocalypse so when sh*t started hitting the fan I was blown away.
Also it's great that me, being a Christian, and my close movie critic friend who is an atheist can both love the same religiously themed movie. Religious topics can be tricky and controversial sometime, but the makers of This is the End did a great job of making it enjoyable for people regardless of their beliefs
I would have given it 5 stars if not for the Channing Tatum scene :/
½ July 27, 2015
I wish they just made Pineapple Express 2 instead.
May 18, 2013
Not being a big recreational drug user I occasionally feel out of the loop with stoner comedies and I have the nagging sensation that they are generally made to be watched high. And this is my problem with This Is The End, that it feels like it was made by stoners, while stoned, to be enjoyed by stoners... while stoned. I certainly enjoyed it but there were too many instances where the humour went extremely juvenile or weird and too much of an inside joke that outstays its welcome.
Best thing ever though is sleazy Michael Cera coked out of his mind.
July 3, 2015
I really was into the first 25 minutes of the movie, then the rest was boring, dim and depressing to me. Just, not too much going on at times, it seemed like an on screen roast to the celebrity's at times.
July 22, 2015
A funny comedy that makes the most of its disastrous situation, and is full of as much personality as its real life characters.
July 19, 2015
Not enough laughs to make up for its weak script.
July 2, 2014
Seth Rogen's amateur writing makes the plot rely too heavily on cliche arguments, film references, religious traditions and it seems that 90% of the film is about fat guys fighting over food and water inside the same single house.
July 9, 2015
As far as post apocalyptic comedy films, it's pretty mediocre. But it does have a really funny Channing Tatum joke in it.
June 28, 2015
Meta and consistently hilarious. This is the end makes for an intelligent and original comedy with a well picked cast playing themselves trapped in the apocalypse
November 2, 2013
Of course I was entertained. Who wasn't.