67% The Maze Runner Sep 19

Thomas Kinkade's Christmas Cottage Reviews

bbcfloridabound
bbcfloridabound

December 6, 2010
.Film 17 is The Movie Christmas Cottage, which is based on the true story of the artist Thomas Kinkade. Coming home for Christmas Thomas and his Brother find that their Mom is about to lose her home, so they get Jobs in the community. The best acting is done by Peter O'Toole who plays an ageing and dieing artist . His acting is over the top. This is a tear jerker I warn you, cuddle up with your honey and enjoy this one. Has some comical lines and parts. Its worth 4 1/2 stars.
Carlos M

March 6, 2010
A cheap Christmas melodrama that is rarely genuinely touching, it has some nice performances but little else to offer besides Padalecki's striking good looks.
October 7, 2013
Overly sentimental and over-acted yet surprisingly enjoyable Thomas Kinkade's Christmas Cottage will never be esteemed alongside most holiday classics but does enough to give a chance during the holidays.
terris85017
terris85017

December 7, 2010
(2008 Director: Michael Campus) Heartwarming story of college students returnng home for the holidays. They come to the aide of their mother, thankfully being tipped off by their neighbor. Another neighbor, Glen Weissler, an aging talented artist (Peter O'Toole), is an inspiration of another kind to budding art student Thomas Kincaide (Jared Padalecki).
Morris N

January 5, 2010
O'Toole was fantastic, the other actors did fine work and the script did have something to say about art and, yes, Christmas.
1HotGrandma
October 6, 2009
My oldest daughter told me this is an "awesome movie", & we rarely agree on movies, so I have to see this one. I do enjoy Thomas Kinkaide's artwork.
July 24, 2009
This was a beautifully brilliant, heartwarming movie. The cast could not have been better: Jared Padalecki did an amazing job as Thomas Kinkade and I was astounded by Peter O'Toole's performance. I laughed and I cried. On a more humerous note, I think Jared did a great job pulling off being left-handed; I have to give him credit.This is one of my favorites by far. Everyone should see it.
absolutnormal
December 7, 2008
This movie inspired me. It was very touching and moving, I did not know much about Thomas Kinkade but this movie really opened my eyes! his work is beautiful and amazing and seeing this film really has made me look at him differently.
December 7, 2008
I never really knew anything about Thomas Kinkade until this film, sure I probably heard his name and seen some of his art work but sadly did not pay much attention. This film really makes me want to see more of his work. It is a beautiful and inspiring film about a man who has done just that through is art and life.
December 19, 2012
F-
One of the most poorly-made movies I've ever seen.
December 21, 2011
I thought it was a wonderful movie.
Zeppo1
August 26, 2010
:rotten: :rotten: (out of four)

[color=cyan]More an advertisement for Tom Kinkade and his feel-good art work than a real flesh and blood look at his early life. I get the feeling it is more about how Mr. Kinkade would want people to view his youth.[/color]
[color=#00ffff][/color]
[color=#00ffff]In fact Kinkade has cast the handsome, model-looking actor Jared Padalecki as him. Jared is a decent actor, but it's hard to imagine that Kinkade ever looked like this tall, strapping, good-looking kid. I get the feeling this film is all about romanticizing himself.[/color]
[color=#00ffff][/color]
[color=#00ffff]That said, it goes down fairly easy and luckily isn't quite as sappy as expected. Marcia Gay Harden is lovely, as usual, and though he overacts a bit, Peter O'Toole is still an undeniable screen presence.[/color]
Ranga A.
August 26, 2010
We like It and any artist would love it
jazza923
August 26, 2010
I am not into sappy Christmas movies, therefore not into this. Not much of a budget, and it looks it. The dialogue is poor, the acting is okay. Forgettable.