Three Comrades (1938)
Average Rating: 7.7/10
Reviews Counted: 5
Fresh: 5 | Rotten: 0
No consensus yet.
Release Date: Jun 3, 1938 Wide
Average Rating: 3.7/5
User Ratings: 257
Based on a novel by Erich Maria Remarque, Three Comrades represented one of the few successful screenwriting efforts of F. Scott Fitzgerald. Set in Germany in the years just following World War I, the film stars Robert Taylor, Franchot Tone and Robert Young as three battle-weary, thoroughly disillusioned returning soldiers. The three friends pool their savings and open an auto-repair shop, and it is this that brings them in contact with wealthy motorist Lionel Atwill--and with Atwill's lovely
Jun 3, 1938 Wide
Apr 28, 1993
Warner Home Video
Watch It Now
Dr. Heinrich Becker
Man with Patch
Younger Vogt man
Owner of Wrecked Car
E. Alyn Warren
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
Uneven but interesting look at four friends' problems over the years in Germany.
Borzage very often captures some potent emotions, almost despite the material.
Audience Reviews for Three Comrades
- Alfons: Bring on the pork chops!
- Otto Koster: Play the limit: aim at the stars!
- Pat Hollmann: This is a lovely time of day.
- Erich Lohkamp: It isn't day, it isn't night.
- Pat Hollmann: It's the edge of eternity. Let's stay right here, forever.
- Erich Lohkamp: Oh, I acted like an idiot.
- Gottfried Lenz: Send flowers! They cover everything, even graves.
- Erich Lohkamp: It's not generally known; but I sang in a choir once - and I've lived like a pig for years.
- Pat Hollmann: Alfons' Bar is exactly the place for a girl like me.
Discuss Three Comrades on our Movie forum!