Critic Review - ComingSoon.net

Its frustrating miasma of a plot doesn't necessarily translate to a single film, and trying to keep track of what's going on tends to detract from generally solid performances from some of Britain's finest.

December 2, 2011 Full Review Source: ComingSoon.net | Comments (13)
ComingSoon.net

Comments

William J.

William Johnsten

Asshole!!!

I just hope it stays above 90 % for God's sake

Dec 2 - 03:51 PM

Jao Romero

Jao Romero

i just hope there are more critics like him. snobs like you that rate this movie high wastes the time of moviegoers like me. because i saw this rated high on RT, i watched it. i sat through it even if at the very start of the film i had an inkling it was going to be boring as hell. i wanted to be proven wrong and i wanted to believe RT critics still rate movies correctly. sadly, it seemed there are more stuck up pricks in RTs stable than there are actual moviegoers.

Feb 20 - 07:24 AM

Derek Antos

Derek Antos

You're saying because you were trying to stay with the storyline and figure it out that you couldn't notice the good acting because of it? FUCK OFF

Dec 2 - 04:27 PM

Avi Patel

Avi Patel

So, what you're saying is that you're an idiot because you couldn't keep track of the storyline and that detracted from you being able to witness the good acting???... Lol, that's not a very convincing argument AT ALL.

Dec 2 - 08:06 PM

John J. Puccio

John J. Puccio

I think the critic was trying to explain why the intricate plot with its multiple flashbacks could, for many viewers, be a detriment to enjoying the characters and acting. Certainly, he has a point, although I enjoyed the film immensely. Or, as my wife remarked, "I liked it, but I didn't have a clue half the time what was going on." :)

Dec 2 - 10:43 PM

Adam Roman

Adam Roman

stereoytpical movie poster hahaha

Dec 3 - 12:35 AM

SagaciousFrank

Frank Hodson

There were plenty of people in the cinema where I saw 'Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy', and most of them were sighing. Dreadful film.

Dec 3 - 04:11 PM

Robert Adams

Robert Adams

There were two people snoring in my theater during this film.

Jan 8 - 09:50 AM

Alex Giuliani

Alex Giuliani

The audience in the theatre I saw the film walked out in total silence until they reached the lobby and came out of their shock to several comments basically saying they couldn't believe how tedious and boring it was.

Jan 14 - 07:38 PM

MisterVile

Mister Vile

This is a valid criticism.

Dec 6 - 08:11 AM

Nihilist

Robert Devlin

I wonder how many people will criticise his nationality instead of the substance of his review? Why would anyone resort to criticising logic when some will instead criticise a superficial aspect?

I personally considered it to be a film that requires full concentration and commitment to the plot and its details. It's certainly both anti-Bond and anti-Bourne.

Dec 6 - 10:06 PM

Tim Sherry

Tim Sherry

I wonder how many times you are going to make this same point...lol

Jan 5 - 06:31 AM

Jorge M L

Jorge M L

I think you are frustrated!

Dec 7 - 06:08 PM