91% Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes Jul 11

To Each His Own Reviews

jjnxn
jjnxn

March 11, 2010
Wonderful tearjerker with a ending that knocks you out.
Laura C

May 9, 2010
A little too soapy for my taste but Olivia de Havilland elevates this film several notches and is amply rewarded with an Oscar.
tyddewi
February 19, 2009
A woman's movie tear-jerker; but it's so damn good. La de Haviland one a best actress Oscar for this performance.
starlett2005
May 3, 2012
To Each His Own is a captivating film. It is about an unwed mother who is forced to give up her child to avoid scandal. Olivia De Havilland and John Lund give excellent performances. The screenplay is well written and touching. Mitchell Leisen did a great job directing this movie. I enjoyed watching this motion picture because of the drama and romance.
sherry9lee
September 23, 2009
Olivia De Havilland plays a woman Josehpine Norris, during world war I who meets a man shortly, gets prengant but people found it selfish of her to have baby with no father so she gets convonced to adopt her son to a poor woman who has recently lost her baby. Time goes and Josephine sees her biological son regularly but not as a his mother. Her son's legal mother turns out to be a hag.

Good acting from Olivia De Havilland. So good actually that she won an oscar for her performance as the (rather pathetic) mother. It was a little bit too much melodrama for me in this movie to fully like it. And I didn't like the way things turned. For example I didn't like how the lead victimized herself, and stopped to contact her son and didn't do so until the end (very typical). Except for the really good acting I find it hard to motivate the two hours.
I'd recommend Kitty Foyle, The Great Lie, The Old Maid and Torch Singer in stead if you haven't already seen them.
jazza923
July 15, 2005
THIS SOAPY MELODRAMA, WON OLIVIA DE HAVILLAND HER FIRST OSCAR. SHE'S QUITE GOOD, BUT DON'T THINK HER PERFORMANCE IS OSCAR WINNING MATERIAL. THE STORY IS ABOUT AN UNWED MOTHER HAVING TO GIVE UP HER CHILD. WELL ENOUGH DONE.