• PG-13, 2 hr.
    In Theaters:
    Jan 22, 2010 Wide
    On DVD:
    Aug 3, 2010
  • IDP/Samuel goldwyn Films

Critic Review - New York Post

To Save a Life would be bland and boring even as a half-hour after-school special.

January 22, 2010 Full Review Source: New York Post | Comments (14)
New York Post
Top Critic IconTop Critic

Comments

iliveforhim1976

Justin Goodrich

This was truly a great film! Great acting, great story, great message, and finally great production quality. This movie speaks to the youth and adults alike in these times of guns at school, teen suicide, cutting, beer pong, teen pregnancy, and other pressures that kids are dealing with right now. It will leave theatres soon, as do all movies that are very good and don't have the advertising dollars and distributing dollars of Avatar. One of the most impactful films I have seen since my first time watching "American History X".

Jan 25 - 08:15 PM

Katie W.

Katie Watson

It's the best movie I have ever seen. Much better than avatar or titanic.

Feb 5 - 06:14 PM

Amy M.

Amy McConnell

Lou is/was probably one of those spoiled ass rich kids that makes the "unpopular" kids feel even worse about themselves!! Your rating on this movie sucks!! This was truly an amazing film with such an inspiring message!! I believe the whole world could learn something from watching it! I've never been religious, I'm not running out to find God after watching it, and I was in no way bothered or offended by the religious message in the movie. My Mother killed herself and I've struggled with depression all my life...it is a VERY REAL STRUGGLE FOR PEOPLE!!!

Aug 12 - 10:05 PM

James M.

James Mains

To Save A Life is a very true to life movie! I see alot of negativity from people who went to school 10+ years ago! I graduated a few years ago and I can say everything in this movie is what happens in MODERN DAY high schools! Heres a link to where a kid did the same thing that Roger did in 2006 it could've been prevented if the signs weren't ignored and if Teens were taught better morals through TV and music! http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,236039,00.html

Sep 6 - 11:36 PM

James M.

James Mains

Sep 6 - 11:42 PM

Marshall S.

Marshall Selin

Whats hilarious about these idiots is that maybe they will never realize the movie has 33% for a freakin reason.

Sep 19 - 09:56 AM

Holytrinity Youthministry

Holytrinity Youthministry

Oh, the experts have spoken. Us fools, should know better (Princeton educated here by the way).

Jan 19 - 09:20 AM

Holytrinity Youthministry

Holytrinity Youthministry

Jan 19 - 09:21 AM

Codie W.

Codie W

And just how would it be bland and boring? The message this movie brings? The tragedies of teen suicide? The importance of everyone feeling like they belong? It may be boring to you sir, but with someone who has once been in Jonney's shoes, this "boring" and "bland" movie can help save lives.

Oct 14 - 05:45 PM

Zack K.

Zack Kaplan

More Christian nuts defending the film purely based on its religious connotations. Biased idiots.

Apr 22 - 11:48 AM

Charles Stephen Palacio

Charles Stephen Palacio

Calling us idiots, ignorant, and anything negative is what we would expect everyday. It is what Jesus said in his days. Some even will be killed because of there faith in Him. You may believe or not but this is our reality, this is our cross and we are happy to do it for our love for Christ, what we experience today is nothing compared what he suffered for us. I still pray for those who do not believe that someday he will come in to your lives. As Saint Paul said treat evil with good.

Aug 8 - 08:51 PM

Japes

Japes .

His post wasn't even directed to you; it was directed at all the people who previously posted. There's no need to defend yourself. I agree with Zack though. This movie is clearly awful and anyone who likes it just because of it's religious message has terrible taste in movies. I'm a Christian too btw.

Jan 2 - 08:46 PM

Holytrinity Youthministry

Holytrinity Youthministry

Mr. Lumenick, Let me open your eyes to the real world, versus the fake NY world you live in. I have shown this video now to over 500 teens and every single one of them, without exception, were deeply impressed and moved by this movie -- many of them ready to change their lives after watching this. That is the truth.

I find it laughable that people like you (I don't know about you in this particular case) give high ratings to movies like "Elephant" that have no moral value other than to focus in some creepy guys in some creepy way. Take that word down to Greenwich Village for me...

Jan 19 - 09:19 AM

Zachary Kinion

Zachary Kinion

I remember when everybody was able to state their opinion on something. NOPE NOT THIS FILM. BESS FILM EVAR. I'M A CHRISTIAN SO I WPULD KNOW.

Get over yourselves. It's just a review, if you don't like the guy, don't listen to him. There's no point in bashing him on Rotton Tomatoes, it's not like it's going to reach out to him or anything.

Mar 21 - 05:05 AM