43% Sin City: A Dame to Kill For Aug 22

—— Jonah From Tonga: Season 1
86% The Knick: Season 1

Together (He ni zai yi qi) Reviews

August 7, 2012
My Mom told me she enjoyed this movie on Netflix, I have to agree with her.
May 26, 2012
The movie "Together" has a poignant theme on the meaning of family and friends in the middle of bustling life in Beijing...
March 28, 2012
A film like this can be forgiven for its melodramatic staging and mostly predictable plot. Its intent is to pluck at heart strings and it does that quite well. Moreover, it provokes an interesting examination of old vs. new China without passing simplistic, draconian judgment on either.
doyoufeellucky
March 23, 2012
Beautiful violin music, a pleasant enough story....based on a true story. His 'father' was the most interesting character. It should have been a half hour shorter - there was too much of the story involving the lady with the coat. The phone calls were annoying and stopped the flow. Overall it's above average but too long and a one watch only.
February 4, 2006
simple, slow, sweet, involving, inspiring. the story really explores and you just don't know at all what'll happen.
September 20, 2010
A father's confidence, love and support to his son. A devoted life. It's really a beautiful movie.
Paul M.
January 27, 2011
"Together" is a film designed to pierce your heart and open your eyes. Though when watched it does not make you long to see what's next , it fixes your eyes on it on the sole interest of how it ends. And for sure, it does not end on a note any less than beautiful :)
October 14, 2010
Old china meets new china complete with a Ha-Li-Wud ending. Excellent acting with human warmth triumphant.
rainshineday
October 9, 2009
I found the movie to be quite boring.
ghiulireiz
February 28, 2010
This movie plays with the viewer's emotions exactly as a violin virtuoso would do with his instrument, the film is able to push the right buttons or rather knows which strings to pull. Anyway, this is one of the few movies when I was invaded by a lot of emotions and almost couldn't help the tears out of my eyes. The story of a young violinist that is brought up by a simple man is told with a lot of tenderness, without ever being soppy or melodramatic. Deeply moving and uplifting.
Brody M

October 16, 2009
Such a GREAT film!!! A must see from beginning to end
urzulla
July 3, 2009
You truly are my son...
May 31, 2009
Incredibly beautiful. Unbelievably touching. If you have ever loved or been loved, you will appreciate this movie.
Edward B

June 2, 2007
Another masterpiece from one of Asian cinema's best filmmakers. Beautiful, touching, and boasting memorable and real characters.
March 19, 2009
todo lo que podemos ser todo lo queremos hacer tal vez choquen pero somos nosotros los que decidimos el camino
March 7, 2009
When a father tries to force early success on his musical prodigy child, he soon realizes what his child needs most is his love. On its own, the storyline provides meaningful and poignant scenes and makes a heartwarming film. Weave the use of music into the mix and the film becomes even more powerful and stunning. But, at the true heart of this film is the relationship between the old man and the child. This film proves that no matter how high of expectations we set for our children, we never stop loving them even if they don?t achieve all that is expected. A meaningful film for anyone who at one time was someone?s child?meaning a film for all.
drwho9
November 18, 2008
Wonderful heartwarming story.
February 22, 2008
A very sweet tale from China about a young boy who lives alone with his father. His father is very devoted to his son who plays the violin and seeks out a good teacher for him so that he can make a better life for himself. The part of the father reminded me very much of Chaplin's Little Tramp. The story and characters through-out the whole movie reminded me of a Chaplin film in some odd way. The violin music and performances are magical. My brother who is a violinist recommended this to me - it was indeed an enjoyable little film.
kaoriiii
March 19, 2008
The love between the father and the sun is so amazing.and so moving.
I want everyone to see it!!