91% Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes Jul 11

84% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1

Tokyo 10+01 (Tokyo Eleven) Reviews

Christopher B

April 16, 2010
Sadly, the director of the bizarre and wonderful Uzumaki decided to follow that up with a low budget rip off?. I mean homage of Battle Royale.  Just because he casts an actor from the original BR and references Kenji Fukasaku does not mean he gets off scott free when basically copying BR?s formula.  I didn?t hate this film, it was mildly entertaining and went by quickly at less than an hour and 10 minutes, but from the talent involved it should have been so much more.  It?s awful that this is the last movie that Higuchinsky has done, I?m more than willing to give him another chance.
December 2, 2012
This supposedly parodic version of Battle Royale (which stars one of its actual main actors) is certainly fun at some points, but also really cheap and way too long. Honestly, I think I gave it 3 stars only because my brain automatically thought "OH YES ! Masanobu Ando !".
Jesse P.
January 7, 2011
I was able to get my hands on a Subbed version of this movie, Much like my favourite movie Battle Royale with out the suspense and I can't really tell most of the time if there being funny or not. Battle Royale is this Hard core graphic action movie in which 42 kids slaughter each other until there is one left standing however this movie is like an Italian rip-off even using some of the same cast from Battle Royale 2. Though in this flick there are only 11 people.

A group of 11 criminals are trapped in a warehouse with bracelets. The 11 learn that they are part of a game where the prize is 3 million yen and a clean record. The object is to reach the Baron's house. However, the obstacles they face involve hunters with laser guns who will go after the contestants. It seems as if this game is fun...however, the game proves to be a battle of life and death.

...Much like Battle Royale but I did enjoy the story it's not boring or anything I just think some of the pathetic comical elements ruined the film. The acting is pretty bad yes but it does have its plus like an Italian rip-off which I seem to enjoy a lot more then mainstream work. I can see the direction the film was going and the major thing is that it's not predicable so that's a major up for it. The CGI and special effects were pretty good I guess.
Here are some facts I found.

Director Higuchinsky has always been a known fan of Battle Royale and wanted to make something similar.

Even with the Numeric references to the other film they even reused some of the cast.

Overall my final verdict is slightly recommended any die hard Battle Royale fan should view.