—— The Identical Sep 05

One of my favorite cult classic comedies! RIP Chris Farley
DreamExtractor
DreamExtractor

March 16, 2011
Tommy Boy is a classic, I will admit, but I have this thing about not even tring in a comedy, and this steals the cake. After slacker and moron Tommys (Chris Farley) father dies, he decides to take over the business, but to show he can do this job, he goes on a business road trip with long time aquaintance Richard (David Spade). But two con artists (Bo Derek, Rob Lowe) will stp at nothing to stop Tommy and gets his money from his failing company. First of all, who doesn't love Chris Farley, I mean we all miss him, admit it, and hes so funny. David Spade is okay, nothing you will die of laughter at. The jokes were good, and I laughed, but some were just so cheesy I couldn't help but shake my head. This film is an american classic, and even if I found Davids acting bad, and some jokes cheesy, this is a classic.
Conner R

June 14, 2011
Definitely one of my favorite buddy comedies and just one of those movies that never loses its ability to be funny, no matter how many times you've seen it. Chris Farley delivers his finest performance here as the lovable goofball everyone wanted to see him as. He's just so genuinely nice and incredibly stupid at the same time, but something of a borderline genius on top of that. Paired up with David Spade, it's like instant magic. Their chemistry together is so natural and the fact that their characters and comedic style are polar opposites is really interesting. Unlimited destruction occurs on their road trip, mainly to Richard's car, and it is what every comedy aspires to be. This is never short on jokes, has a fun storyline and great characters. You'd be crazy not to see why Tommy Boy is such an utter classic.
AJ V

September 6, 2010
Although this movie has actors from Saturday Night Live, it isn't based on a SNL sketch or characters, it's a road tip movie about friendship. This movie is hilarious and a lot of fun, it's probably Spade's best movie. I highly recommend it.
TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

May 30, 2011
Tommy Boy is by far Chris Farley's best film. Tommy Boy is a very underrated comedy. The film won't win any prizes, but it definitely is a good comedy. Critics have been unfair to this film Tommy Boy is a funny film that is actually quite fun. This film is yet another example of how critics can misinterpret a film. Tommy Boy some very funny moments and is underrated. After the slacker son of an auto parts company called Callahan auto, once Tommy graduates after seven years, he is tapped to work at Callahan. Not only that, but he finds out that his father is engaged to a beautiful woman. At the wedding, Tommy's father suffers a fatal heart attack, leaving the heavily in debt company to stock holders and such. Tommy offers to go on the road and sell break pads to save the company. As this happens, Tommy's salesman ship takes a turn for the worst and he ends up failing to very humourous results. The film is not great, but manages to be entertaining fun nonetheless. I've always had a soft spot for this film and I really do believe it's an overlooked comedy in the genre. There are better films out, granted; But Tommy Boy still manages to bring out good laughs. This is Chris Farley's funniest film, and is definitely worth seeing, not perfect but pretty good nonetheless.
Dan S

September 15, 2007
An often very funny film featuring the great Chris Farley at the top of his game. Although unquestionably stupid in many aspects, the main reason this movie succeeds is because of the chemistry between Spade and Farley. Yes, it is cliched and it is not plotted the best, but this movie does what it aims to do - make you laugh, and laugh often. It truly is a shame a great comic actor like Farley met his demise at such a young age in real life, since he was truly a lovable figure who embraced his shortcomings so profoundly and whose performances were always hilarious.
YodaMasterJedi
YodaMasterJedi

September 8, 2010
3 stars
CloudStrife84
CloudStrife84

April 17, 2007
Top notch comedy, that altough being very formulaic and clichéd, made me laugh so hard that I almost had trouble breathing sometimes. Farley's manic slap-stick style of humor, combined with David Spade's witty sarcasm, is one of the best things to have ever happened to the world of comedy. It isn't always funny, but when it works, it's nothing short of hilarious. The storyline may be very "north-by-northwest", and the directing somewhat sloppy in places. But other than that, this is a really enjoyable movie that I'm happy to recommend.
deano
deano

November 1, 2006
Basically a takeoff of Planes, Trains and Automobiles, this buddy and coming-of-age film features Chris Farley as the unlikely proprietor of an auto-parts factory. TV's Saturday Night Live creator Lorne Michaels' production offers some incredibly funny scenes. Farley and David Spade were the new John Candy-Tom Hanks or Oliver Hardy-Stan Laurel film of the 1990s.
KJ P

January 13, 2010
I fell in love with the jokes and hilarious predicaments in the film since the first time I saw it when I was 10!
Phil H

August 8, 2007
Farley's best and Spades best too, great loud and brash US comedy, really hits the spot and shows how good Farley was. The scene where he's trying to sell brake pads to a customer in his office and continues to trash a model car and light it on fire is just pant wettingly funny.
Chiefilms
Chiefilms

March 2, 2008
Classic.
sanjurosamurai
sanjurosamurai

January 3, 2007
What dyou do?! classic from start to finish. a brilliant comedy.
Michael S

March 12, 2007
I never found it that funny.
James A

February 12, 2007
The only way David Spade was funny was when he's teamed up with a coked up obese guy.
Lanning :

February 11, 2007
Some pretty funny moments. Too bad there wasn't less filler because the underlying story is good. Aykroyd is best in ensemble outings, particularly when he plays types. Grosse Pointe Blank is another good example of his playing a character type well. It's sad to lose Farley so young.
puffchunk
puffchunk

January 25, 2007
Classic comedy
Tim B

January 25, 2007
Farley and Spade at their best.
Jason S

December 28, 2006
Funny. Too bad he died so young.
Leigh R