Too Big to Fail - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Too Big to Fail Reviews

December 6, 2012
How I wish that it is just a work of fiction.
½ October 14, 2012
Real to paper to reel .....great depiction of human behaviour during the credit crisis..
September 25, 2012
Classic, it's like goodfellas in 2008
September 22, 2012
Not as interesting as the book but still worth a watch.
½ September 10, 2012
I found this riveting and perfectly cast! However, I watched Frontline's "Inside the Meltdown" just before watching otherwise I would have been really lost! I highly recommend this movie with just a bit of research before hand so you can really get into it and be amazed at what a potentially earth shattering thing was really going on in 2008!
½ September 10, 2012
Interesting account of the 2008 financial crisis
September 8, 2012
Very good dialogue, portrait of the chain of events and the understanding of player and the business culture is great.
September 5, 2012
seen from the insider perspective of how the govt/investment banks dealt with the 2008 crisis. Excellent companion to the Inside Job.
½ August 28, 2012
Movie adaptation of Andrew Ross Sorkin's best seller that brings to life the financial meltdown and how the government worked with the 8 largest investment banks to pull the economy back from the cliff. Star studded cast including James Woods, Paul Giamatti and Cynthia Nixon. See if you can catch Andrew Ross Sorkin's cameo! If you can't get enough of this story, check out this movie.
½ August 28, 2012
Provides a true incite into the complex issues that plagued our financial system a few years ago. It was able to take the complex issues and simplify them for the average American viewer. I felt that it was an eye opening and I felt it showed how easily the power of greed can almost destroy an economy.
August 24, 2012
An agonizing look into just how close our nation got to its Second Great Depression. It makes us all consider the role of government, and how much freedom we need to give to Wall Street and its CEOs...
August 24, 2012
Watching people you know explain something you don't makes the whole mess a bit more understandable.
½ August 13, 2012
Superbly well-written and brilliantly acted. A complex and empathetic portrayal of the players in the crisis and the subsequent bailout.
½ August 3, 2012
It seems that it was inevitable economy crashed back in 2008 after years without any regulations or some reasonable sense in some greedy Wall Street heads.

It's some complicated material Curtis Hanson packed into this HBO drama but he succeeded in finding the right mix of explanation sequences and suspense (that I'm not sure where it exactly came from) thanks to his cast, including dozens of well-known actors who give all decent performances. One small problem is the exuberant number of characters (especially if you're not 100% familiar with all the players involved) and it's quite hard to keep track on who is who and what's his position but if you stay concentrated it's manageable after all.

I had also a hard time finding out if the film was for or against these shadowy treasury and fed guys (needless to say that Paulson and Bernanke are both big part of the economic crash but somehow managed to profit from it). Maybe, someday we find out if there was some sort of scheme by Goldman Sachs or any of the other players but until then Hanson's version at least serves well as a quite neutral chronology of the events.
July 31, 2012
Anyone who cares about government or the economy should watch this movie. Hell, it should be shown in classes. A very well done film that gives an astounding look into the 2008 meltdown, which has much to do with why we're at where we're at right now.
July 16, 2012
A stunning and angering HBO film which chronicles the politics leading up to the bailout of September 2008. The cast is so good and director Curtis Hanson mixes actual news montages in that one can reminscience about that irate feeling that we all felt all over again. Exceptionally well done as HBO has come to be known for. William Hurt actually turns Hank Paulson into a sympathetic figure.
July 12, 2012
A fascinating chronicle of the 2008 Financial Crisis.
½ July 10, 2012
This was very suspenseful. I kept looking at it as some horror - scenario and getting scared that it's based on real events. Love the high-profile cast, too. Enjoyed it overall and in every detail. There should be more movies like this.
½ July 9, 2012
Engaging story that tells the events during the 2008 economic crisis, which was a wakeup call for the American Dream. Even though the story is told like an exciting thriller, you need a Masters degree in economics to understand even half of what the hell they're talking about during the entire movie. The acting is great.