Top Cat: The Movie Reviews

Samuel Riley
June 29, 2012
Its upsetting for such a classic like Top Cat to be reduced to a movie that doesn't even touch the basics of the legendary cartoon. Aside from one little laugh, the attempts of creating comedy are rather poor. There are many reasons of why this film is disappointing; plot, animation, voice acting etc. Overall, this film won't grip children, and espescially won't grip Top Cat fans. This is film is so below standards, it almosts ruins the basis of my childhood.
September 15, 2014
Sim eu curto manda-chuva e sim esse filme foi uma bomba. E pra deixar tudo pior colocaram o Rob Schneider no filme. Legal a vida.
July 21, 2013
One of the worst movies based on cartoons out there.
½ May 16, 2014
Toda la película es bastante plana, tanto como la animación, música y trama que no ofrecen nada nuevo a la serie.
May 3, 2014
He sounds gross, and perfect!

Top Cat and his gang are the main source of crime in his town. The local law officer Dribble has failed poorly at stopping Top Cat's antics. Just when it seems officer Dribble would be promoted, a new police chief is anointed. Top Cat will have a tougher time thwarting this leader of the law.

"What are you in for?"
"Over due library book."

Alberto Mar, director of Imaginum, Invasion, episodes of El chavo animado, and the upcoming Save Oz!, delivers Top Cat: The Movie. The storyline for this picture is just okay but the characters are fun and witty. The animation styles is also unique and fun. The voices are fairly average and include Danny Trejo, Jason Harris, Melissa Disney, and Rob Schneider.

"You can give us your first pay check."

My daughter and I watched this, this morning when she first woke up. The content isn't really child or adult focused. The animation is really good but the storyline and direction is pretty average. I would say this is a very average cartoon with an above average animation style. This may be worth watching once but I definitely wouldn't add it to my DVD collection.

"He's the most tip top, Top Cat."

Grade: C+
½ November 8, 2013
Finally! We get an animated film based on a cartoon that isn't a CG-Live action hybrid! Unfortunately, it's just as terrible as them. Top Cat is a rather ugly film with a weak story, bland characters, and lame voice acting. Hannah and Barbera must be rolling in their graves right now after all the crap their classic cartoons have been through.
January 3, 2014
Good Cartoon loved it! I'm a die hard Top Cat Fan. It was excellent.
December 19, 2013
It's Secret of NIMH 2 all over again!!
November 25, 2013
I'd say it was okay at best...... I expected a LOT worse....
½ September 29, 2013
The only thing I like about the film is the animation because it combines 2D characters and 3D (CGI) backgrounds/props.
August 8, 2013
This movie was really fun!! Kids will love it.
August 4, 2013
Once in a while there comes a flick that changes your life. That flick is top cat! It's brilliantly written and directed. It actually brought tears to my eyes. Kids will absolutely love it. Top cat is like the hero that everyone needs but not the one it deserves!
½ August 4, 2013
Fun filled movie! Kids love it!
August 4, 2013
Adorable! Great movie for kids :)
August 4, 2013
Fun, funny and cute. It's a shout back to the days of good cartoons that kids will love and parents can enjoy well enough. There was nothing offensive or concerning in it. The kids thought it was absolutely great, and we thought it was good.
August 3, 2013
A complete disgrace to the classic cartoon.
August 3, 2013
If a one-minute trailer is unwatchable, imagine sitting through 90 minutes. Do they sell Pepto-Bismol at the snack bar?
August 2, 2013
Any Rob Schneider film completely sucks. Sooooooo you know this is going to be bad. No hate on Top Cat, but all hate on Schneider
August 2, 2013
why did it take so fucking long 2 do this? besides these little brats don't know who top cat really is!!