Totally Awesome - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Totally Awesome Reviews

June 18, 2009
I tried to get into this but so stupid. lol
January 18, 2008
Words fail me on how bad this actually was. However, if you are an 80's movies fan as I am, you will probably still enjoy picking all the 80's movies it rips off and looking at the fashions!
iLeo
½ December 28, 2007
Hilarious!
December 29, 2014
This Movie Is incredibly stupid. I mean, look at the cast. Can you expect much? But if you can turn your brain off and take the movie for what it is, you can actually have a decent time watching it.
December 28, 2011
the title speaks 4 itself one of the best spoof 80s films i have ever seen, swan is amazing, kattan incredible, if u loved the 80s you will love this film, steins in this, buller buller, this film with the guy who plays the goose in kung fu panda as well you will see, tracey morgan is amazing in this film.
August 18, 2007
Time for this to get an upgrade from 4 to 5 stars, because for me personally there are few comedies that make me laugh as much as 'Totally Awesome'. My favorite tribute to 80s movies! Although this was made for TV, I love it more with each viewing. It captures each cliche perfectly, tying in classics such as Foot Loose, Dirty Dancing, Karate Kid, Pretty In Pink, Some Kind Of Wonderful and so on. I love how each character is portrayed to a tee, even the score is brilliant and seems to come straight from that synthesized era! Viva the 80s!!!
October 31, 2007
Totally Awesome is my 54th favorite movie. It was an okay comedy, with the real comedy coming from Chris Kattan and Tracy Morgan. I didn't really like the main comedy and it definitely could have made fun of the 80's alot better. The real reason i added this movie to my favorite movies list is because of my alliance to Dominique Swain, who is my favorite actress.
December 28, 2006
this movie was great!!
too bad it only came on TV for one weekend.
i watched it everytime it came on, and each time it was even funnier. i love it!!
½ January 9, 2008
In all fairness I only made it about 20 minutes into the movie.

As a HUGE fan of the 80's, there was a few funny parts for those of us who have seen Karate Kid and Footloose.

But, a bit much for me--for example the boob shot at the beginning? I guess thats making fun of 16 candles?
½ July 31, 2007
Chris Kattan & Tracy Morgan totally save this movie from being "made for TV" blah. They spoof a bunch of 80's movies mostly Karate Kid & Dirty Dancing and that is the funniest part of the plot. Trying to figure out what movie they are spoofing. "Peek-a-boo I'm'a Hump You"-Tracy Morgan's Character is hilarious! But mostly bad acting and senseless fun.
½ June 8, 2007
It was OK, some really funny parts and I kind of liked the way they made fun of some 80's movies but I doubt I would watch this one many more times in my life.
June 3, 2007
This was really stupid, but kinda funny at the same time. It could have been done better. But, hey...It was good enough.
½ December 9, 2006
I love Joey Kern... but this was not so good. Well, I guess since it's a made for TV movie, it's better than most.
½ November 24, 2006
Starring: Dominique Swain, Mikey Day, Joey Kern, Tone Loc, Tracy Morgan, and Chris Kattan.
Directed by Neal Brennan.
Written by Neal Brennan and Michael Schur.
No MPAA rating (contains adult language and sexual content/nudity).
Running time approximately 1 hour 31 minutes.

The VH1 film [i]Totally Awesome[/i] is pure goofy fun. I enjoyed the hell out of this stupid, ridiculous comedy. There is no original plot to speak of, because we have a parody on our hands. Think [i]Scary Movie[/i] if it were made about all your favorite and least favorite 80s movies. This one should have been in theatres. I really enjoyed it. [b]*** (out of ****) B[/b]
November 19, 2006
I got this movie added so I think it's appropriate I'm writing the very first review.

Honestly, this is the greatest movie made by a music channel-- ever.
½ November 2, 2006
What a stupid ass movie. It is a 1980's movie spoof that does not work at all. Childish, dumb and barely entertaining at all. So predictable. Yet another waste of a movie.
December 29, 2014