Total Recall: Superstar Duos

Summary

What's better than a movie with one huge star? A movie with two huge stars, of course -- and this weekend, when Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie give filmgoers a double shot of celebrity charisma with The Tourist, they'll become the latest in a long line of superstar duos who have combined their talents (and box office power) to make Hollywood history. Naturally, we couldn't fit them all into this week's feature, but the ten pair-ups listed here include some of cinema's biggest hits (and at least one truly noteworthy miss). It's time to double your pleasure, double your Total Recall! Back to Article

Comments

John T.

John Taylor

Considering all the movies they made together, why pick Guess Who's Coming To Dinner? for Tracy and Hepburn? I'd have picked the war era film Keeper Of The Flame.

Dec 9 - 04:21 AM

Jeff Giles

Jeff Giles

Our reasons were discussed in the article.

Dec 9 - 05:20 AM

Dave J

I was going to say "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" until I looked at the next page but the list is slightly flawed because their isn't enough black and white films such as with Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Becall and all the actresses Clark Gable starred with! And in my opinion Humprey Bogart and Katherine Hepburn carried "The African Queen" than John Huston's direction! Bette Davis and Joan Crawford' s "What Happened To Baby Jane?" since no one in Hollywood at the time didn't want to hire them because they were past their prime!

Dec 9 - 12:59 PM

Dave J

The list is overall very current- even though more could've been addded!

Dec 9 - 01:00 PM

Jeff Giles

Jeff Giles

Our reasons were discussed in the article.

Dec 9 - 05:20 AM

Dec 9 - 12:59 PM

Dave J

The list is overall very current- even though more could've been addded!

Dec 9 - 01:00 PM

Smartest Person Here

Greg Bonnette

What? They forgot "frank and beans" from There's Something About Mary.

Dec 9 - 07:04 AM

Tall Cool One

Tall Cool One !

Tango and Cash, Hook, Knight and Day, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Die Hard with a Vengeance, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, They Live, Castaway, Batman, Dog Day Afternoon, The Conversation, Romancing the Stone, On Golden Pond

Dec 9 - 08:45 AM

Steph

Stephanie Estrada

Amen!

Dec 9 - 08:56 AM

Drew Knox

Drew Knox

What in the hell.....where is Simon Pegg and Nick Frost.

Dec 9 - 10:06 AM

Kevan B.

Kevan Brenay

Not that the Mexican is a terrible movie but the meter is a lil off on this list I think it is actually 55% not 7%.

Dec 9 - 12:14 PM

Dec 9 - 12:59 PM

Dave J

The list is overall very current- even though more could've been addded!

Dec 9 - 01:00 PM

Scott T.

Scott Treece

48HRS, Trading Places, Midnight Run, Butch Cassidy, Toy Story, etc.

Dec 9 - 01:18 PM

Not L.

Not Likely

I would hardly call Val Kilmer a 'Superstar'.. ditto on Kurt Russel

Dec 9 - 01:32 PM

Stepping Razor

Stepping Razor

@NotL, I felt that this movie list did take some liberties with who's a superstar, who's not. In some of the pairings, I felt there was only one superstar.

Dec 9 - 05:43 PM

Ethan Hawke's 10 Best Movies

The Hunger Games
The Hunger Games

New Mockingjay teaser trailer

Emmys
Emmys

Full 2014 nominations list

Planet of the Apes
Planet of the Apes

Watch interviews with the cast