Tower Heist - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tower Heist Reviews

½ July 20, 2015
Saw this on 19/7/15
Tower Heist utilizes it's first 30 minutes in setting up a backdrop for a heist movie with plenty of laughs and it actually becomes a movie that shows a worthy reason for the heist. However, once the heist actually begins, the film looses all it's brains and also it's laughs. The rest of the movie is barely a wait for it all to end. The actors do well with what they are provided with. However, I really don't understand why Mathew Broderick was there in this film and also in the heist.
November 8, 2015
Granted, I'm not a comedy fan, but I didn't even chuckle in my head once
½ April 10, 2014
funny and interesting. But the plot might be too predictable.
½ May 13, 2015

Is this a good movie or a bad movie, I can't tell because the reviews think this is bad but the critics think this is good, I am one of the people who like this movie. The Jokes a very Funny,
Acting was different,
Directing was not bad and better than the other guys. At Least this had a good cast. The other one had bad actors.
½ October 13, 2015
Tower Heist
Ben Stiller is going to be a great Ant-Man
September 28, 2015
One of the more entertaining Ben Stiller comedies for quite a while. The decent, contrasting cast made a good combination.
August 18, 2015
go eddie go! i wanted an eddie alan alda scene, but, you can't have everything. its not a super complex drama. its a very pleasant caper with liberal relish. i want a tower heist two! alan's character is now richer than ever, and donating hundreds of millions to hillary; the characters meet again by chance at a bernie sanders volunteer meeting, and decide to infiltrate hillaries and scott walkers campaign in order to expose coordination between their super pacs and the candidate. how did alan get out of jail? presidential pardon, rumored to have come about because of some dirty secrets he threatened to reveal.
May 18, 2014
Fun movie that has some flaws that made it slip from being perfect but not too bad. Very slow but it builds up well and ends good. A little too focused on Stiller and Leoni for my liking.

However you have great supporting performances from Alda, Muphy, and especially Matthew Broderick (in a great return to form,) to make this work. Alda is in a rather baddie role and does it well. Shame I missed it back in 2011 but it's not as bad as many make it out to be. Wish it made more $.
November 9, 2011
Can movies like this be good? What I mean by that is a movie with a concept like this one, that is not an action movie, but a comedy. Well, it can be good, it can actually be very good, and that's what this is. There are some absolutely hilarious lines in this. Ben Stiller is playing his normal character and when he does it properly, he is likeable and he is here. Eddie Murphy I can't really comment on because believe it or not, this is the first movie of his I've ever seen in the theater and I think only the 2nd one of his I've ever seen, he's not one of my favorites as you can tell, but he did good I suppose and had a few funny lines. The robbery itself is a little corny but I suppose it was the best they could do, but overall it didn't matter because it was entertaining enough where it could be a little silly so I would have to say that this is RECOMMENDED.
July 8, 2015
Highly entertaining caper-comedy with lead cast on song.
May 27, 2015
"Tower Heist" had the star talent, but it failed to deliver any interesting action or memorable laughs.
May 6, 2015
Tower Heist is a decent film. It is about working stiffs who seek revenge on the Wall Street swindler who stiffed them. Ben Stiller and Eddie Murphy give good performances. The screenplay is a little slow in places. Brett Ratner did an alright job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture because of the action and humor.
½ April 15, 2015
I expected a little better since Eddie Murphy was in it, but this still isn't a bad film. It kind of reminded me of some old school Murphy and Stiller flicks which is a good thing! Casey Afleck is good in here, too.
½ November 1, 2011
The unlikeliest bunch of would-be thieves plan a caper to rip off $20 million from a supposed billionaire. For a movie with Ben Stiller and Eddie Murphy in it, the comedy is really not funny, and this pack of losers would never have pulled this off giving it zero credibility. Tea Leone's character was someone I'd like to meet though.
March 10, 2015
Educated comedy is the word for this movie. While you're busy learning about how NOT to trust other people with your money, you're also laughing and enjoying the fun of the movie!
½ November 20, 2011
Great cast. Tower heist was very funny and fun to watch. Not predictable and decent ending.
½ February 16, 2015
Tower Heist is a predictable abysmal movie of sub-par actors not being challenged and going through the strides just for that pay-check. Another Brett Ratner dud, this movie's premise is similar to many, the plot skips crucial scenes as shortcuts in an attempt to ensure easy fixes. The humour is forced and the dialogue is basic, making the whole movie a tedious struggle from beginning to end.
½ December 31, 2014
Interesting little fun comedy caper. Starting to look a bit dated now. But gives a few laughs. Great cast.
June 11, 2013
No paro de reir, gran pelicula con buenas actuaciones
December 17, 2014
Enjoyable but incredibly dumb, I will give it fresh because Eddie Murphy is absolutely hysterical in this movie.