Toy Story 3 Is In Production. That is all.

During a Disney shareholders meeting, Mouse House honcho Robert Iger made reference to "Toy Story 3" being currently in production. And that's all the news we have on it ... but it's a "Toy Story" movie, so every nugget is worth reporting.

From Business Week: "Iger confirmed that work on a sequel to Pixar's "Toy Story" franchise has begun, although no release date has been set."

If the profit margins of DisneyCo are fascinating to you, check out the full article and see how much Disney has riding on "Cars" and "Pirates 2."

Comments

ddunbar7265

Dennis Dunbar

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 10 - 03:17 AM

Hieremias

Jeremy Appleyard

No Pixar? No interest.

May 10 - 05:04 AM

new12play

Nathan Wells

Aren't Pixar and Disney back together?

May 10 - 05:27 AM

new12play

Nathan Wells

Aren't Pixar and Disney back together?

May 10 - 05:27 AM

ddunbar7265

Dennis Dunbar

yes Pixar and Disney are together

May 10 - 05:57 AM

sokiveta.com

Michael Sokiveta

[b]More than friends[/b]
Pixar and Disney aren't just "back together." Disney now owns Pixar. Disney paid Steve Jobs more money that I can shake a stick at.

The great side effect of this is now Steve Jobs is Disney's biggest share-holder, which (in my mind) says his great creative talents will be influencing Disney for the better.

So I think we have the best of both worlds in their new "back together" relationship.

But, I must say, I do agree that I'm surprised that they're doing Toy Story 3. At this rate, every third movie they make will be a Toy Story sequel. Not very creative.

May 10 - 06:36 AM

Hieremias

Jeremy Appleyard

Yes but is Pixar actually doing Toy Story 3? Last I heard they weren't.

Nor would I want them to. Pixar has shown some amazing creativity in creating new characters and stories (ie Finding Nemo, The Incredibles). I have no desire to see a sequel for the sake of seeing a sequel.

May 10 - 05:58 AM

Banana Kid

Johnny Estes

They've got to be doing it. Disney wouldn't be stupid enough to do it themselves when the Pixar name carries so much weight. And honestly? I think they know Pixar is better than them.

May 10 - 06:15 AM

Banana Kid

Johnny Estes

May 10 - 06:15 AM

sokiveta.com

Michael Sokiveta

[b]More than friends[/b]

May 10 - 06:36 AM

Merlin235

Merlin Ambrosius

Who cares if it is a sequel? What is wrong with being interested in seeing what the next part of a characters existence has in store for them? Once you get interested in a character, it's like books. No one complained that C.S. Lewis wrote more than one Chronicles of Narnia book. Or that Tolkien wrote more than one Lord of the Rings book. Let the characters evolve, it is interesting to watch.

May 10 - 08:37 AM

VML

Victoria Leduc

You call that a trilogy, Merlin235. A trilogy is suppose to be like a story that lasts for more than one book or movie. Toy Story 3 is a sequel, being made for the company to earn more money, not as a continuation of the other movies.

Anyway, Toy Story 3 WILL be made by Pixar. Igar and other people who work for Disney and Pixar have said that they would rather have sequels to Pixar movies be made by Pixar. The studio that was making TS3 before Pixar joined Disney was Circle 7 Studios. Rumor has it that Circle 7 was developed just to get Pixar pissed and back.

May 10 - 12:44 PM

elziard

elzeard bouffier

last i heard (from here i believe) pixard head john lassiter shut down production of already in-progress sequel. so now what? are they editing the in-progress one now in charge or a brand new, pixar headed one?

May 10 - 08:48 AM

Elixir

Birdy Man

some how i dont believe this is true.

May 10 - 09:10 AM

Callpacas

Khim Lo

aint this old news??

May 10 - 09:56 AM

lovelykeira

Ken Schrock

With Pixar involved and they definitely are this is pretty damn cool. I'm definitely ready for a third go around.

May 10 - 12:14 PM

I Am Remote

Robert Pilkington

They reported a while back that it would be without pixar, and would be a straight to video deal.

Now it looks like they'll be doing with the right way. It's good news. Toy Story is a expanding-worthy franchise.

I wouldn't mind if the Incredibles showed up again at somepoint.

May 10 - 12:16 PM

VML

Victoria Leduc

May 10 - 12:44 PM

Cobblergobbler457

Will Graham

I am moderatly pleased

May 10 - 12:45 PM

Simple

Clint Bell

TS2 deserves a sequel. This is good news, I guess.

May 10 - 02:03 PM

wilkiedriver

Aaron Wilkins

Didn't someone say the basic story of Circle 7's version of Toy Story sucked really bad? Was it this site? Correct me if I'm wrong.

May 10 - 05:50 PM

haelohm

Sean Collen

[b]ok[/b]
the third one was supposed to be released THEATRICALY in 2008 disney on its own...when disney and pixar came together the new chairman cut the production of TS3...now it looks that Pixar and Disney are now going to make it together and i think itll be great i love the toy story gang!

May 10 - 07:56 PM

renny2077

Renny Abraham

I'd rather they didn't make sequels. Disney is so full of sequels these days - it clearly shows that they have lost talent in the creative department. I think TS3 is a waste of time and talent for Pixar, if they are involved. They'd be much better off coming out with a whole new movie.

May 10 - 10:52 PM

New on DVD & Blu-Ray
New on DVD & Blu-Ray

Transcendence, Sabotage, Shōgun...

Pictures of classic movie pairs

Annabelle Trailer
Annabelle Trailer

Horror spin-off of The Conjuring

Laggies Trailer
Laggies Trailer

Keira Knightley is a responsible rebel