Trailer Park Boys: The Movie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Trailer Park Boys: The Movie Reviews

February 13, 2013
Ricky: You just gotta make sure the cops don't get your prescription, cause once they have your prescription, you're fucked!

"Big Plans. Little Brains."

Trailer Park Boys: The Movie is a funny little movie about three dumb friends that live in a trailer park. If you've seen the show before then you know sort of what to expect. As far as a feature movie for them goes, this isn't too bad. It's funny, it's brisk, and it definitely keeps the social commentary flying throughout. It's not a masterpiece or anything too special, but it is solid, fun entertainment and I do have an appreciation for it.

Three moronic friends living in trailer park get back together after two of them just get out of jail. Now they have some decisions to make. Ricky wants to pull the big dirty, which means going for one big payoff and then retire. Julian wants to take it a little easier and go for change. Literally, he wants to rob change from parking meters. When Julian goes to the movie theater and sees the biggest globe of change he's ever seen, he decides to do the big dirty, but still keep the change idea.

The comedy on display here is something you're either going to like right off the bat or you're going to hate. This comedy isn't the type that grows on you. You either like it or you don't. Not everyone finds "trailer park" humor funny. I for one do, but hey, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.

It's rude, it's profane, it's obscene, it's hilarious. The great thing about the material at hands here is it can be ridiculous while keeping a sense of real life in it all. It's easy to believe there's people like these three friends out there in some trailer park, and I bet there's some people that are this bad of criminals out there too.
June 2, 2011
Countdown To Liquor day one terrific comedy film. This is by far one of the funniest and best Canadian films out there. Countdown To Liquor Day is a hilarious film from start to finish. Of all the Canadian films out there, Countdown To Liquor Day is one of the funniest films to come out of Canada. This film far superior than the first film, which was also good, but lacked a little something. Whatever it was, the filmmakers found what was missing, and were able to capture all the debauchery of the Trailer Park Boys in this more than average sequel.
½ October 12, 2006
I love dis show. More people should see it, it's hilarious.
½ April 25, 2010
Stupid! The TV show can be quite funny, but the movie has failed. You can't take give a budget to a show that has absolutely no budget, it just doesn't work! Completely unfunny, but at least they tried to have a better story than the show!
October 15, 2006
It was basically an extended episode, but there was a lot of funny stuff here. The plot was meaingless and uneccesary, but it didn't matter too much. I think you need to be a fan already to enjoy this, though.
½ July 4, 2012
It's good, as long as you're a fan of the show. The show is an acquired taste, so if you don't understand it's sense of humor beforehand, you won't like it here. The writing is a little weak, but it's the characters and actors that bring the show to life, and give it a unique style. You can't find a character like Mike Smith's "Bubbles" anywhere else. With Canadian accents to top it all off, I enjoyed the Trailer Park Boys movie, but only because I'm a big fan of the show.
½ October 12, 2010
It's too much like the television series, alienating people not already familiar with its crude humor.
May 28, 2012
The original TPB pilot.
October 8, 2006
I went in HOPING it would be 2/3 as good as the show since often TV based movies are a letdown, but this was terrific.
There was a couple minor things I wish were different overall & am not going to say what to spoil it for others who havent seen it, but overall, I would say its just a fraction below 5 stars, but more than 4 1/2, so I gave it a perfect score.
April 6, 2014
Not that I expected anything else, but this movie was a complete waste of my time. "Comedy" isn't funny when it's just immature and offensive, and there's certainly nothing creative about it. Don't waste your time.
½ June 12, 2013
It is what it is- a dope, liquor and smokes filled adventure with the boys wreaking hilarity and havoc, as usual. Heck, it worked.
December 26, 2009
This is the second movie based off of the popular Canadian television show the Trailer Park Boys. As a fan of the show this is a good send off to the show... like the Sex in the City Movie was for that show (I would imagine). If you have never watched the show then you may not find it as funny.
July 27, 2009
Wasnt sure how I would like it...It blew me away.. later to find out its a seies in Canada...Them Canadians are briliant....The movie and show dosent realy get down on trailer park communities, but does a great job on duplicatinf its society and social circles..I think its brilliant..the cast is amazing..The charecter Bubbles acts like this in his interviews and thruought the movie and series.. hes a remarkable comedian in his own right...You have to see it
½ August 26, 2008
Exactly what i expected.... Laugh a few time, shake my head a few times, and see some nice boobs! lol. Gotta love netflix!
½ July 11, 2008
This movie had me laughing from start to finish.I was expecting something National Lampoonish but it was much better than I initally expected.Anyone who can laugh at stereotypes will love this film.
½ July 6, 2008
I'm not quite sure why there are two listings for this movie on here, but I digress. Though the film does not do as well standing on its own, I am a long time fan of the series and enjoy the initial short film on which all these shenanigans are based. Anyone who's seen (and has enjoyed) the series, this is a fun diversion. It's certainly not much more than a lengthy episode, but it's worth a look.
February 13, 2008
If you haven't seen the show, watch that first, then watch the movie. The movie kind of assumes you know and love the characters already. That said, the movie is still pretty damn good.
May 9, 2007
Being a faithful viewer of the show I had to see this movie! It is just as fantastic as the show! Its a must see!!! Bubbles is da man!
½ August 20, 2015
Pretty funny series and even funnier movie. I do believe that the character Kenny Powers was based off Ricky, just watch it and you tell me.