Trailer Park Boys: Countdown to Liquor Day (2008)

TOMATOMETER

——

——

AUDIENCE SCORE

Critic Consensus: No consensus yet.

Movie Info

The television again proves to be too small to contain the big-time antics of Canadian cult favorites in this sequel to Trailer Park Boys: The Movie. That comedy left Ricky, Julian, and Bubbles facing two years of jail time, but they're now free to roam as they please -- as long as the parole board approves. Prison didn't reform their desire to make money using less-than-legal methods, but the trailer park supervisor, Jim Lahey, is determined to keep the boys honest despite their best efforts.

Rating: R
Genre: Art House & International, Comedy
Directed By:
Written By: John Paul Tremblay, Robb Wells, Timm Hannebohm, Mike Smith, Mike Clattenburg
In Theaters:

as Jim Lahey
Show More Cast

News & Interviews for Trailer Park Boys: Countdown to Liquor Day

Friend Ratings

No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.

Critic Reviews for Trailer Park Boys: Countdown to Liquor Day

All Critics (4) | Top Critics (1)

Make no mistake, they're becoming Trailer Park Men, demonstrating sure signs of maturity

Full Review… | September 25, 2009
Globe and Mail
Top Critic

It could be the funniest Canadian movie ever made.

Full Review… | July 6, 2010
Georgia Straight

For this swan song, themes such as relationships and fate and inevitability are actually explored. Again, yes, in a Trailer Park Boys movie.

Full Review… | September 25, 2009
Jam! Movies

January 25, 2008
National Post

Audience Reviews for Trailer Park Boys: Countdown to Liquor Day

Great sequel to Trailer Park Boys: The Movie. Countdown To Liquor Day is a fine comedy that also signals the end of the popular TV show. The boys return in fine form, and their up to the usual easy money scams. Countdown To Liquor Day is an improved sequel to the original film, and in many ways a better one. The writers are more confident with the material this time around, and they were able to write a film that is much more entertaining, and funny than the first. I really enjoyed the first film, but I preferred this sequel because it was a lot funnier than the first, and like I said, it was a better written sequel. The usual things we expect from a TPB film are here and all the zany characters we love are also here. Ricky, Julian and Bubbles are all as funny as as ever. Countdown To Liquor is a much more accomplished and confident film, and it ends the series on a high note. I expected the film to be good, but not this good. This is a terrific comedy with plenty of laughs. Filmed in the mockumentary style of the show, Countdown explores new ideas that we never saw on the show.Which I think is one of the movies biggest strengths. Countdown To Liquor Day is a fine Swan Song to one of the best Canadian shows ever created. Those who love the Trailer Park Boys will definitely enjoy this hilarious sequel.

TheDudeLebowski65
Alex roy

An improvement on the previous film, 'Countdown to Liquor Day' is not as funny as you'd expect it to be, but is still a satisfying conclusion to the series.

Dillon Lupky
Dillon Lupky

Trailer Park Boys: The Movie was garbage compared to this Trailer Park Boys flick.I watched Trailer Park Boys:The Movie like twice but I watched Countdown To Liquor Day like 6-7 times & Im still not sick of it.I hope there will be many more TPB movies to come.Maybe even bring the TV show back someday.........

dukeakasmudge
Brody Manson

Trailer Park Boys: Countdown to Liquor Day Quotes

– Submitted by Brusso L (2 years ago)
– Submitted by jason m (3 years ago)

Discussion Forum

Discuss Trailer Park Boys: Countdown to Liquor Day on our Movie forum!