Train Master - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Train Master Reviews

September 11, 2013
Wow, I don't even know where to begin. Extremely horrible writing, followed by extremely horrible acting. It's just extremely bad. The attempts at humor in various parts of the film completely drag an already bad movie into a whole new level of bad. I'd say it's one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Even the ending is horrible. The kids come walking around a corner on the tracks, without any clue as to how they finally got it stopped, and of course by then the owner of the railroad has pulled his head out of his hiney and they all live happily ever after.

On a side note, we get to see a nuclear power plant cooling tower being imploded. That part was cool, but then they decided to have some of the debris from the implosion cause damage to the tracks. That leads to even more puzzling problems, because the explosion sent large pieces of lumber flying onto the tracks. I'm not sure how large pieces of lumber ended up coming from a steel reinforced cooling tower, but who am I to criticize.

As the kids work to try to get the radio working on the train, they suddenly come into the need for wires... so one breaks open a toy dinosaur which has no electronics, but guess what... it's stuffed with... wires. Again, absolutely horrible. I would say as far as realism, the movie deserves a 3 out of 10. For acting, I'd give it a 3 out of 10. For writing, I'd give it a 3 out of 10. For the storyline... I have to admit, as bad as it was, the storyline itself, while cheesy, was pretty good. I'd give it an 8.5 out of 10.

If you are looking for a family friendly movie, you could do much worse. If you are looking for an epic movie, you couldn't do much worse. If you are a railfan, I wouldn't waste your time. This one is definitely worth the rotten tomatoes.

As an aside, this film was dedicated to Douglas Steven Bransom, a railfan youth who passed away way too soon at 7 years old. Rest in peace, Douglas.