Michael Bay Says He Already Wrote Transformers 2

Scripted the sequel to ensure pic's summer 2009 release date.

It looks like the Writer's Guild strike could end any day now. But while Michael Bay is not only ready to jump back into development on Transformers 2, it turns out he's already finished writing the story.

"I've been writing Transformers 2," said Bay. "We've got our characters all designed. I always write all my scripts, my movies anyway so at least I've got something to give the writers. It's like a template. We have a really good outline so I worked on that."

Michael Bay Transformers

It might be a tad unorthodox, but Bay has high pressure demands. "We had to because I want to make my date. I'm not going to let the strike take me down."

Now that the major effects of transforming moving parts have been figured out, Bay has all sorts of new characters in store for the sequel. "When you do your first movie, you break the back of it. Now we can have a lot more fun. We can actually make the depth of these characters more fun and a lot more interesting characters. To see actually what you can achieve visually, you never know. When you go into a movie, you never know visually. I think I've got a lot of fun, interesting, funny characters."

Transformers 2 is scheduled for a June 2009 release.

Comments

DaHypr1

Jim Huete

hopefully there will be more robots in the movie about robots

Feb 12 - 10:39 AM

taran72

Dan Mills

He probably wrote it sitting on the john, in between coke lines and Red Bull shots.

Feb 12 - 10:39 AM

Jacen Dark

Jace Henderson

Hahahaha!! I'm sure thats exactly what happened..

Feb 12 - 10:46 AM

Jacen Dark

Jace Henderson

Hahahaha!! I'm sure thats exactly what happened..

Feb 12 - 10:46 AM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

As a lifelong fan of the label, I'm just hoping it's better than it's predecessor. And that Bay heard our cries about bringing back Jazz. (yeah, I know I'm saying it for the upteenth time. but hey, skip over my post if you don't like it.)

Feb 12 - 10:49 AM

Bob*

bob askins

Michael Bay wrote it. How on earth that can be better?

Feb 12 - 07:43 PM

yams for hands

will karevoll

their ought to be seventeen transformers this time, got that people. im looking at you bay, seventeen. got it? magic number

ill take you to the candy shop

Feb 12 - 10:58 AM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

Seventeen?.. Sounds good. Also Bay, in you're reading, be nice if twelve of them don't just show up in the end for cameos and one-liners.

Feb 12 - 11:09 AM

DukeyBallswatter

jamie ferrrrr

i just got a boner

Feb 12 - 11:01 AM

yams for hands

will karevoll

autobots stay hard

Feb 12 - 11:06 AM

dracus

Cap Nord

Michael E-Bay saying he wrote a screenplay is like him saying he directed a movie. Big deal, Ed Wood used to say the same thing.

Feb 12 - 11:08 AM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

Feb 12 - 11:09 AM

nogard46

joe smith

it really doesnt take a rocket scientist to do this.

The story was set up at the end of first movie, Both Starscream and Prime was calling out for help, so they probably make contact with cybertron.

I would love to see constructicons or some type of multi robot, giant mega transformation. And the story should involve contacting new robots in space and/or finding some more exisiting ones on earth thats been crashed or dormant, IE Skyfire or dino bots. Not sure why dinobots are so hated but I love em and they will work.

The movie will easily be a huge hit, because all the little girls care about now is Hannah Montana, and all the little boys want transformers.

Feb 12 - 11:17 AM

Ruckas356

william mccloskey

yeah maybe the transformers can form a band and rock out some tunes. then optimus prime could have a secreat double life! by day a world saving transforming robot by night he's a mega rock star that prides himself in puting on good shows! maybe billy ray cyress can play his goofy dad!!! Thats brillent!!!

Feb 12 - 02:12 PM

nate2709

Nate 2709

Can't wait to see this one on Blu-Ray!

Feb 12 - 11:30 AM

dedalus7

A B

"I write all my movies" Michael Bay...

Big explosion. Black guy says something hilarious. Another explosion in the middle of awesome car chase. Robot does something (maybe the robot dance?)Black guy says something that only a black guy would say. Something cool happens. One more giant explosion. Black guy dies, white guy is sad. Robots also cry. 360 degree dolly shot around everything. Credits explode. The End.

Script template
by
Michael Bay

Feb 12 - 11:32 AM

DaHypr1

Jim Huete

i chuckled

Feb 12 - 11:42 AM

yankeesrule587

david brand

stfu loser

Feb 12 - 01:41 PM

Young Turk

Joe Massino

YES!!! That is exactly how I pictured it.

Feb 12 - 06:27 PM

LordVapor

Justin Quarterman

LOL OMG, lol I wasn't really paying attention the first time I read that, then after taking a minute to run through it again that I laughed so hard i just about Kucfing passed out lol

great template lol

Feb 12 - 08:22 PM

jeffcooper

Jeff Cooper

Bay has been handed all his scripts. He says so on his DVD comments. What's with the lie?

Feb 12 - 11:39 AM

eversio11

Mark Villaloboz

I think the real question is why do you bother listening to Michael Bay's DVD commentaries?

Feb 12 - 11:47 AM

DaHypr1

Jim Huete

i chuckled

Feb 12 - 11:42 AM

eversio11

Mark Villaloboz

Feb 12 - 11:47 AM

cypress550

jeremy burnside

i dont know but for this to be a good movie is more robots less humans and i forgot the most important one get michael bay off of it.

Feb 12 - 11:48 AM

yankeesrule587

david brand

michael bay is god

Feb 12 - 01:42 PM

Rockslide

Rocky Davies

I vote for the Constructicons and Dinobots, my favorites as a kid. They've got to get Arcee and Soundwave in there somehow too. (Frenzy was not Soundwave, c'mon Soundwave has to shoot smaller bots out of him, okay fine, Soundwave probably won't work.)

Feb 12 - 11:52 AM

nogard46

joe smith

oh yeah from what I gather, Arcee almost made it into TF1 as a sportsbike. And some other aircraft carrier almost made it into the movie also. In fact there is a Arcee bike movie toy out.

Feb 12 - 12:37 PM

raddimus

jack macwode

to be honest I think bay had a great many more bots he couldn,t fit in...Yes there is arcee, and yes they made her a toy,But the osprey I think it's called is also a tf toy there is also battle scene toys where be is towed by the tow truck well the toy in the scene as well as the one I bought for my nephew transforms.I think bay at least hasbro intended on a few more characters.

Mar 15 - 05:32 AM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

I thought TRANSFORMERS was good not great, but I think the sequal will be better. I wonder if SHIA or any of the original cast will be back? I finnaly happy to see Michael Bay doing good movies now. I hated PEARL HARBOR, ARMAGEDDON, BAD BOYS 2. I liked THE ROCK, BAD BOYS was ok, and I kinda liked THE ISLAND.

Feb 12 - 11:53 AM

smartmoviekid

jonathan ramirez

of course it did, its lying in the toilet after a lot of pushing...its called ****.

Feb 12 - 12:10 PM

Brick Mansions star RZA

WonderCon
WonderCon

175 cosplay pictures

Highlights
Highlights

Picture gallery of stoners in film

Summer Calendar