Transformers: Dark of the Moon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Transformers: Dark of the Moon Reviews

½ October 11, 2015
Definitely sick making. Get me a barf bag
October 28, 2014
Finally, a 3rd installment that is better than the 1st two movies! This movie has everything the 1st movie had, plus even more, even more action, even more destruction, even more edgy humor, that is actually funny, and also, just some good quality entertainment! So Transformers fans, check this movie out, you won't regret it! A+
April 30, 2011
It plays like all other third chapters of a trilogy, with improved, refreshed and enhanced modifications and having the ability to improve itself as it progresses after some overacting and an abrupt plot that doesn't flow smoothly for its predecessors. Although, it leads to a nice payoff of a climatic extravaganza that actually brings some excitement. (B+)

(Full review coming soon)
½ September 18, 2015
Transformers: Dark of the Moon may be an action CGI fest, but it makes for one that catches your eye the whole way. The effects are without a doubt some of the best I've seen, and the action is very thrilling. The story is quite intriguing as well, tying the Transformers back to one of the most proud times of our history, the Apollo 11 moon landing. This film corrects the problems with Revenge of the Fallen, and makes for the best film in the series so far.
September 12, 2015
Dark of the moon is not a very good subtitle.. It should've been called TRANSFORMERS: Blurry Blob of Colored Movement That Doesn't Go Anywhere.
May 31, 2011
Wow, it's unbelievable how bad this was! This movie has absolutely no plot or storyline. The only interesting thing about this movie is the animation/robots. I can't understand why they're taking a story arc like Transformers and trying to make an idiotic little high-school romance out of it.
½ August 21, 2015
Compared to Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon has more interesting ideas and it is a slightly better movie, but it doesn't make it a good film.
½ August 5, 2015
This has been my least favorite of the Transformers movie to date. My first issue was Sam and Mikaela breaking up without any explanation. I really disliked the idea of Rosie Huntington-Whiteley as Sam's new girlfriend. Secondly, Sam had so much hostility towards everyone in this film. It was a bit much to bear. The fight scenes were not that great either and I could scarcely follow along with what was going on. Not my favorite movie, but worth seeing if you're determined to see all of the Transformers movies.
½ July 29, 2015
Dark of the moon improves upon many of the flaws of Revenge of the fallen, but is still a cold and forgettable sequel, save for the impressive and climatic battle at the end.
½ July 2, 2011
Is it better than the 2nd one, yes, but not by much. Is it better than the 1st one, NO. This is a very loud, and LONG, movie. It starts out very slow, then there is an action scene, and a few comedic breaks, then it's slow again. But, by the time the last hour comes around this is one hell of a movie. If this only had a 90 minute running time, it might be movie of the year, but because it's about an hour too long, it suffers badly at the beginning. No granted, these movies aren't about story, it's about the robots and shit blowing up, and there's lots of that, but it's been done twice already. Nothing feels new, and, on top of that, Megan Fox is gone. Shia LeBeouf plays Shia LaBeouf because, let's face it, that's all he can do. The one surprise in this for me would have to be Patrick Dempsey, he plays someone different and is actually quite effective. The story in bland, actually very bland. This robot saves this robot to help fight this robot but that robot turns on this robot, shit blows up, the end. I think the series has run it's course, but, at least for the last hour, it is definitely worth watching.
½ February 26, 2014
This movie was absolute trash and for me, it was the worst of the Transformers film. Shia Labeouf wore out his welcome on this one, turning from a bumbling goofball to an arrogant whiner who feels entitled to credit for saving the world. Michael Bay has no shame, doing everything he can to either show off a ubiquitous chain reaction of explosions, or an even more constant stream of Rosie Huntington chest, legs, whatever and wherever. Throw in a pathetically racist scene depicting Asians and the typical mind-numbing violence, this film is one to watch half-asleep.
October 23, 2013
Not as good as the first one, but, not really that horrible. At first, I hated it. But now that I think about it, actually pretty fair enough.
½ July 18, 2015
Rating: 92%
The special effects in Transformers: Dark of the Moon never get old, and for once the acting is actually better to make this film one of the most enjoyable in the franchise.
½ June 29, 2011
Isn't Transformers supposed to be fun? The first one was, and even though the second one went overboard with the toilet humor, it still had its moments. To this threequel's credit, the story is better and more disciplined, though. The first 20 minutes set up an intriguing premise about the "real" reason for the moon landings. Yet it never really follows through with it. After that pre-title sequence it's back to the usual with Sam and company as they try to stop the Decepticons' latest (and greatest?) scheme. For what it's worth, Michael Bay reined in some of his baser tendencies. Sam's parents get a whole lot less screen time, and he ditched the racist Autobots from the previous installment. Also, since he shot this in 3D this forced him to tidy up the camera-work and editing. The visual effects also top everything that came before it. There are some really jaw-dropping visuals that probably looked amazing on a cinema screen, and still looked pretty awesome on my HDTV. On the casting side, he got some more veteran actors to do glorified cameos and add legitimacy to an otherwise mostly talent-starved ensemble. However, Leonard Nimoy as Sentinel Prime was a stroke of genius (along with an obligatory Star Trek reference/quote). What didn't work in the film's favor was the tiresome and endless nature of the carnage and destruction. The last hour of the film is basically an extended action sequence, and it was a chore to sit through. The human drama is clichéd at best, insipidly stupid at worst. Michael Bay certainly doubled down on why the films have been so popular, but it seems like he forgot to make it a little more enjoyable. As a result, lengthy stretches of action were rendered boring and depressing. The score didn't help matters much either. Like the previous two, Michael Bay was content to use the kernel of a good idea and slather it with visual effects and mindless action. He knows his audience, to be sure, but his cynicism is on full display here. TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON corrects some of the more egregious missteps of its predecessor, but it unfortunately loses its soul in the process.
July 5, 2015
One of the best transformers films in the series.
July 4, 2015
Xenophobic Americanism - 10/10, special effects 10/10, ability to induce a headache - 10/10, fun - 10/10. Started watching it last night while dog-sitting (boys watching a movie) and finished for a lazy hour when I got back from running today. John Malkovich 10/10. John Turturro - 10/10. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley - 10/10 on the basis that she could just read the phone book. The rest of the cast - 0/10 but who cares?
July 1, 2015
un film strabiliante molto curato nei dettagli 3D e estetici. Mi dispiace che la ragazza di "Sam" non abbia potuto partecipare per la sua "critica" offensiva al riguardo del regista Michael BAY ( definitolo un, Hytleriano) ... si possa comunque migliorare
½ April 1, 2012
Transformers movies are not good. So don't slam them for being bad. It's what they are. All badness aside, Transformers: Dark of the Moon is probably the most enjoyable blockbuster I've seen in a long time. It's funny, and it's filled with action sequences that make your inner movie child say "Duuude, that was awesome!"
May 10, 2011
Makes up for the mediocre second film. It's not perfect, but its still fine with a decent plot and characters. 3D and action scenes were fine.
March 15, 2013
...it was what it was... tiring(and what is with the length on these films... this is not Lord Of The Rings). Hour and a half... get in(explode things) get out... that's the name of the game.