Critic Review - Movie Metropolis

After the first ten minutes, I just...wanted...the...movie...to...end.

October 20, 2009 Full Review Source: Movie Metropolis | Comments (63)
Movie Metropolis

Comments

Jay J.

Jay Juz

Oct 20 - 09:36 PM

Greenfizz

Ryan Cornelia

jay, are you nuts? the movie has a 19% and you are saying it was the best movie of the year?

lets be realistic here...have you seen the hurt locker? how about district 9? zombieland? there are many good movies that have came out this year. Transformers 2 is not one of them AT ALL.

from a critic's perspective the movie was seen as garbage disguised with fancy special effects.

It is hard to get through to fanboys. to tell you the truth i actually liked the first transformers. The second one however, is terrible in my opinion.

Oct 21 - 04:42 PM

Lucas Aizen L.

Lucas Aizen Lopez

too bad for you... i pity you.

Feb 1 - 09:02 PM

Fuck You

Jul 2 - 02:52 PM

Dalton Q.

Dalton Quick

actually Transformers II was one of the highest grossing movies of the year and in one of the top five slots for most watched. Do you really think that a movie could recieve that much popularity if it wasn't a good film. I know people who watched it and wanted to to watch it again the same day at a later showing. It was a phenomenal film

Feb 10 - 11:01 AM

Cale H.

Cale Hughes

If you think this was a great film then i truly feel sorry for you...

Apr 9 - 12:22 PM

Vince Vaughn XD

Vince Vaughn but not really

all you guys need to stop this CRITIC act.
different people different opinions

May 18 - 07:14 AM

Sylvester S.

Sylvester Stallone

Vince Vaughn but not really- Yes, but dalton is acting like his opinion is fact and using the bullshit box office excuse

Sep 16 - 05:01 PM

Kevin P.

Kevin Pedraza

oh please Jay J transformers 2 did suck like hell you are the one that needs to **** off.

Oct 21 - 06:28 PM

Dalton Q.

Dalton Quick

Acutally no... no it didn't. The movie was amazing.

Feb 10 - 11:02 AM

Kassem Jaber

You sir, are a fucking idiot

Jan 26 - 01:39 PM

Alex B.

Alex Bury

Jay, you are at the bottom of the evolutinary pryamid

Dec 17 - 07:50 AM

Zane B

Chum Chum

movie of the year? Oh...so thats how autism works!

Apr 25 - 09:10 PM

Will M.

William Malere

I could make a movie 10 times better than this noisy, plotless shit.

Jun 9 - 08:42 AM

Carolina V.

Carolina Villanueva

It is very sad to know that there are people who think this can even be called a movie. It's just crap, sorry.

Jun 11 - 07:41 PM

Awesome F.

Awesome Frank

YOURE A ****ING ******* GO KILL YOURSELF YOU RAGING GAY **** FACE **** YOU !!!!!!!!!!

Oct 21 - 12:32 PM

no, FUCK YOU

Jul 2 - 02:49 PM

Aziz B.

Aziz B

Oh Jay J, you are a ****ing idiot. If you think ROTF is the best movie of the year, then you are mentally challenged. I really enjoyed the first, but this one was so disappointing. This movie could have easily been a hour and a half instead of a tedious two and a half. Horrible acting and loses the charm of the first.

Oct 23 - 08:20 AM

Lokies K.

Lokies Khan

lol. you made my day Jay J for being such a ignorant fool. go play with your Transformers action figures aye?

Oct 24 - 04:59 AM

Andrew W.

Andrew Wolfe

What's with all the hate? Do you people really want to just curse and kill everyone whose opinions differ somewhat from yours? Funny... I thought we were allowed to have such opinions in the free world. I must have been mistaken.

As far as John's review goes, it represents a perfectly legitimate opinion about a movie that has nothing to do with the Transformers story and everything to do with recycling just about every sci-fi cliche, many of which USED to be cool... until Bay got hold of them.

Grow up, people, and realize one thing: you're not the hub of the universe, and you have no business pronouncing your doom and curses on John just because he doesn't like your fanboy crush movie of the year.

Mar 3 - 11:04 AM

A55 Velcro

Bob Bobertson

yes and since it is a free world we have a right to point out how stupid someone's opinion is on a film, especially a film that fails on the scale of this movie. If you like the movie just for action then please stop posting on a site where we judge movies based on real quality.

Apr 2 - 03:54 PM

Lukas Sprehn

Lukas Sprehn

Ahem. But not in terms of friggen death threats. It's actually illegal to do so.

I found the film kind of enjoyable and entertaining. Great action... but... it might not be the best film :)

- Lukas

Jun 27 - 05:37 AM

A55 Velcro

Bob Bobertson

oh sorry I thought you were replying to the people who weren't rabid fanboys, my mistake, my message was for them

Apr 2 - 03:55 PM

Nick W.

Nick Wayne

you obviously don't know how to write movie reviews, john.

Oct 25 - 06:07 PM

Kassem Jaber

you don't know shit about movies

Apr 2 - 12:18 PM

Tyler Tiberius McQuarrie

Tyler Tiberius McQuarrie

And you do? Do you make movies?

Jun 8 - 06:30 PM

Actually I make claymation movies and they are 110x better than this shit

Jun 29 - 05:58 PM

Jeremy B.

Jeremy Breitkreutz

okay enough every one it was good in the way that lots of action and effects and the love storie was acceptible (not great but okay) yes the storie line could have been better in being more informational and named more robots so you new more of them but honestly who the hell wants to remember NON-IMPORTANT CHARACTERS and no one would remember the **** bots that die so it was funny and flashy with good effects and battle seens but yes the storie could have been better brought out. the reason for it being so flashy is to try and make it better then first, but it was a little oops. Remember every one of you ****s that this isnt like the cartoon not one bit so yeah if you have a comment email me at jeremybre@hotmail.com trust me i wanna here your whining and I'll reply

Oct 29 - 10:05 PM

Tameas D.

Tameas Dust

I was very surprised by this movie and thoroughly enjoyed watching it.

Oct 31 - 03:45 AM

Bill C.

Bill Core

Nov 2 - 02:20 PM

Jeff C.

Jeff Chen

"John J Puccio you ****ing idiot. That was one of the best if not THE best movie of the year. The acting was phenomenal on all sides and if you can make a better movie please delight my fancy. **** off. "

"Jay, what are you? Twelve? You had to have been for this movie to keep you interested with all the pretty colors and whatnot. Or am I judging you by your ignorant response to one's opinion? Either will suffice. "

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Flame moar.

This movie = ftws.

Nov 8 - 10:38 PM

Valley B.

Valley Boy

Okay, It is some pure bonafide haters on here. First, the movie was pretty descent. I wasn't feeling the storyline behind it, but the acting was pretty descent. Storyline made the movie somewhat corny, but to say it's terrible is just plan flat out hating. Someone mentioned District 9??? Are you kidding me? DISTRICT 9??? That wannabee Cloverfield?? No comment.

Nov 9 - 09:10 PM

Cloverfeild wannabe? FUCK YOU FUCKTARDED SHITEATER

Jul 2 - 02:50 PM

Joshua H.

Joshua Haan

I fail to see how District 9 is a "Cloverfield wannabe". They both have unconventional shooting styles and depict first contact, but anyone with half a brain (who enjoys the little things.. like a plot) can see the similarities end there.

Nov 12 - 06:34 PM

Valley B.

Valley Boy

Yeah Joshua, and anyone who half a brain and balls, wouldn't make smart comments to someone they didn't know through a blog site, and come meet them face to face to dispatch there difference. So keep your smart azz comments to yourself

Nov 15 - 04:53 AM

A55 Velcro

Bob Bobertson

so we shouldn't reply to people's comments on a site where people review movies and discuss them? You're not making much sense. Oh I see your one of those internet tough guys who likes hiding behind a computer and when someone calls him out they tell him to say that to their face knowing they can never do it to feel smug. Please just leave.

Apr 2 - 03:58 PM

Cof Cof

Connie Coffey

dick head!

Nov 21 - 08:27 PM

Valley B.

Valley Boy

right in yo mouth connie

Nov 28 - 11:37 AM

James M.

James Mclean

After reading your review......I...wanted....to purchase......a.....shotgun and end your existance on this PLANET!!!!!!!.....D-bag.

Dec 8 - 10:14 PM

Kevin P.

Kevin Pedraza

lol dumb *** who likes crappy movies.

Dec 17 - 04:46 PM

TheAnalyst

Steven Plodger

Come on, guys. It's tough to read these comments and maintain hope for society.
At least TRY to make it seem like your IQs add up to double digits.

Dec 16 - 02:05 PM

thisdisplayname

Jason Gersztyn

This.

Jun 21 - 12:29 AM

Alex B.

Alex Bury

movies like this make me lose faith in humanity

Dec 17 - 07:52 AM

Cody S.

Cody Sig

The first part of the movie was the best.. The humour, the action was amazing actually. It didn't end as well as it started. I guess I just don't understand how you could think that if you liked the first one. Honeslty.. What did you expect? Don't be a ****ing stupid old dude that's bitter because you expected more from this movie. You must be getting slow if you think it was gonna be anything other then what it was. Was worth my money to watch it.

Dec 20 - 05:04 PM

Ken

Kenneth W.

We're "old" because we want good movies? There exist good action movies out there, look at "300" or a lot of what Christopher Nolan has done.

There's nothing wrong with having standards

Oct 26 - 06:02 PM

Joseph H.

Joseph Horan

Ha ha ha. It's funny to see the little girls getting their panties in a bunch because someone didn't like their precious Transformers ROTF.

This movie sucked so bad it should have been retitled "Black Hole".

Those who are defending the movie and attacking its detractors seem to have the weakest grasp on the English Language.

Kill yo self! Ya heard, G. Dog, duh duh hurk I'm stoopid, heh hurk. -That's what I hear in my mind when I read Valley *****'s or american *****'s replies.

Jan 8 - 09:33 AM

frozen01

Renee Knowles

...probably the same people who liked Skids and Mudflaps because they could relate to them.

Jan 15 - 11:34 AM

Siege S.

Siege Sage

Completely agree. Bay's sequel is an exercise in ming numbing idiocy. Pure garbage. I really liked the first film and thought it resembled something of a legitimate film, and I had fun with it.. but Revenge of the Fallen was so boring, bloated, and unfunny. Anyone who liked it probably also had sex with their cousin.

Jan 17 - 12:32 PM