Transformers 2 Set Pictures!

Summary

The first pictures from the set of Transformers 2 have been released, along with a few bits of information about the sequel's production. Back to Article

Comments

Gotham-iz-Ashez

Chuckles McGee

I absolutely adore the first Transformers, but I'm just hoping that the new one won't completely be a rehash of what we saw in the first one. I mean robots battling robots can only be done in so many ways without being the same thing. Well, here's to hoping that the new one will have the same long-lasting effect tat the first one had.

May 27 - 04:55 AM

Gimy

Gimy Moo

i hope they DO rehash...if it ain't broke, don't fix it. the alternative is a sh3tty sequel like Shrek/Pirates, or worse...Indy. rehash, repeat...i don't care.

May 27 - 05:17 AM

Gotham-iz-Ashez

Chuckles McGee

When I mean rehash Gimy, I mean that robots can only do so many different things and since it isn't real-life and its CGI (although I will say that it looks amazingly real), but the reason the first one was good was because of the action

May 27 - 08:01 AM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

What I'm hoping is that they advance the story. The producers say they heard the fan complaints and promise to get more sci-fi and epic with the story. Now that would be something. They made their money with a relatively dumb first outing to prove that Transformers is a bankable live action franchise. Now they can let loose. I've said it a few times before, I like some of the early rumors. Especially the one about Wheeljack coming into the story and teaming up with Ratchet to rebuild Jazz with tougher frame and his original color scheme (blue and white). I also like that they intend to bring in the Constructicons, the Dinobots, and Soundwave. I'm also cautiously interested in this aircraft carrier transformer that Bay keeps talking about.

So basically, though I am among the crowd that found the first film underwhelming, I haven't given up on the franchise. And by the way, with Bay's obvious love of the military it would be odd if he doesn't bring Hound into the story. And since Barricade is clearly still in the mix, I'd love to see them introduce Prowl as well to fulfill the good cop/bad cop dynamic. Maybe I'm asking for too much, but one can dream. ;-)

May 27 - 09:33 AM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

May 27 - 09:33 AM

Gimy

Gimy Moo

see, i thought the first flick was good because it had everything an action film requires. comedy, nice b33bies, ridiculously cool action scenes...and characters you want to see die fighting characters you want to see live. all i care about is if Bay wants to entertain...or he wants to make $. if he wants to entertain the audience like he did with the first...fine by me. but if he goes Pirates/Shrek/Indy/Hostel 2/Evan Almighty/Rush Hour 3/Die Hard 4...and just tries to make a quick buck, then i'm not down for that. all those movies, cept for Hostel...which just was a rehash crapfest of the first but with ugly chics, sucked because they were made simply to make $. Die Hard 4 was ok but still...not a Die Hard movie in my opinion

May 27 - 10:57 AM

Pilgermann

Michael Warren

Urgh, I want to barf when I read positive things about TRANSFORMERS. But that's just me...

May 27 - 11:09 AM

impfromhell

Francisco Carrasquillo

This is easily my most anticipated upcoming movie, even more so than The Dark Knight. That leaked script with the constructicons forming Devestator, and Hot Rod being a ferrari sounded awesome. My main hope is that the fight scenes aren't so damn blurry this time. And most certainly, more dialogue from the Autobots and Decepticons, especially Starscream's evil self.

May 27 - 11:42 AM

TombstoneLawDog

Daniel Klein

I unabashedly loved the first Transformers movie and as far as I'm concerned, you know what you're getting with Bay so don't complain when he blows sh#t up.

I'm nervous about the sequel because I think this premise lends itself alarmingly well to being over-blown: Adding too many characters is (in part) what killed Batman the first time, as well as Spiderman. I do NOT want to see the dinobots: a) we've seen dinosaurs b) we've seen giant robots, and most importantly c) it would require some rediculous exposition to shoehorn the d-bots into this new transformers world. I'd rather see one or two more robots on either side with cool new shells and more scenes like Barricade vs. Bumblebee, which was one of the coolest battles on film in recent years.

...and by the way, what the h3ll are we looking at in these photos? Do those symbols mean something?

May 27 - 12:35 PM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

I thought the first one was pretty good, I hope this is better though.

May 27 - 04:34 PM

Product_of_You

Steven Edwards

I can't believe people actually liked the first one.

May 27 - 04:59 PM

rockster11

Matt Gamble

You people who are true transformer fans from the old school days cant tell me that when Peter Cullens voice opened the first movie, it didnt give you the biggest goosebumps possible...as far as the rest I liked it, but everyone is entilted to their opinion. But, as I said, you are not a true transformer old schooler if optimus's voice didnt juice you up everytime he spoke........

May 27 - 06:04 PM

Sweep_the_Leg

Chris Carter

The first movie was tolerable I suppose if the next movie has more Transformers advancing the story and less humans than I can live with the first one as a necessary evil to get the franchise going on the big screen (again).

Yeah I got goosebumps when I heard Cullen utter the ultimate phrase, "One shall stand, One shall fall", but the camera is focused on the disney channel kid instead of Optimus about to beat down Megatron. Then he craps on the whole movie by having the disney channel kid kill Megatron while Prime lays down like beeeotch!

Oh yeah, one more thing Mike Bay can we get just a tad fewer slow motion hero action shots. Really I thought you couldn't fit any more than you did in Bad Boys 2, but damn you could've shortened that movie by 20 minutes if you cut out a third of them.

May 27 - 11:16 PM

impfromhell

Francisco Carrasquillo

Dwight from The Office(U.S.) will have a small role.

May 28 - 06:47 AM

Ant-Man
Ant-Man

First pic of Marvel's Paul Rudd

Worst Summer Movies
Worst Summer Movies

We list the 60 worst since 1975

Scorecard 2014
Scorecard 2014

See where the summer movies rank

Best Comedy Actress