Michael Bay Drops a Few Transformers 3 Tidbits

Summary

Michael Bay's getting started on "Transformers 3," and although he's still keeping most of the details to himself, he recently revealed that two of the movie's big action sequences will be filmed in Chicago and Moscow. Back to Article

Comments

Gimy

Gimy Moo

Sweet home chiiiicago...

i kinda hope he makes it in 3d, just to p2ss off the haters when it makes record #'s. avatar and ice age showed what 3d ticket prices can do for ya...

and as always, if you hated the first 2...don't see the 3rd. we get it, you have PhD's and your iq is far superior to us fans(riiight). no need to pay to see the 3rd then cry and whine like a b3tch when you hated it. if you're truly that smart, don't bother seeing it...PLEASE.

Feb 26 - 09:06 AM

IBelievedInHarveyDent

Jim Huete

Don't worry, I won't.

Feb 26 - 09:26 AM

Cory

Cory B

I have freedom of speech just like you do. And Michael Bay sucks. Deal with it.

Feb 26 - 09:59 AM

Thats No MooN

joshua zimmer

I liked the first one because it was a good set up but tf2 sucked so bad, but still transformers was a big part of my childhood I will still see the 3rd one, I just think Michael Bay should go and make Bad boys 3 already;)

Feb 26 - 10:15 AM

Sam J.

Sam Johnson

So u just admitted you are stupid?

Feb 28 - 02:29 PM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

LOL. I know, right?! My question is, since when does someone have to be a big time intellectual heavyweight to hate Transformers 2? I mean, really! Farting robots?!

Feb 28 - 02:58 PM

Rusty Broomhandle

Jaco Gerber

Matanuki, I beg you to reconsider your stance on, as you so eloquently put it, 'farting robots'. While I concur that one does not necessarily have to be of above-average mental capacity in order to entertain the notion of disliking the movie Transformers 2 (au contraire, if you will excuse my small quip, I would wager that most folk who hate the movie were likely born in the shallow end of the gene pool...), it seems that one DOES have to possess no small mental faculty in order to even begin entertaining the notion that Transformers 2 is no less than a work of metaphorical - and, in many cases, metaphysical - art. Explaining this concept in a place such as this would require far too much text, time and effor than I am willing to invest considering the likes of those who will be reading it, so I will merely glance upon the core subject at hand - 'are farting robots funny?'.

We gathered here are all avid movie watchers, I don't doubt. We have, likely, seen a large proportion of comedies and within that genre, we have doubtless encountered more than our fair share of jokes concerning the audible passage of gass from the body. The fact that this small gesture appears in so many comedies cannot be overlooked - Schadenfreude plays a large part in the human psyche and it is this very concept that encourages us to laugh at a 'fart joke'. We, as humankind, love to revel in another's misery. When a man walks into a lamp-post before us, we will laugh before we rush ceremoniously to his aid and pray that he did not see us chuckling at his misfortune. Thus is our reaction to the undeniably humerous act of a man's noxious gasses issuing forth from his gastro-intestinal passage with such audible force that all in the room are suddenly privy to his colonic workings. Unfortunate for the man who broke wind, and thus humorous to all who bore witness.

Keeping this Schadenfreude under consideration, the next leap we must make is from humankind to construct; a machine, a non-biological entity, that by all accounts should not be able to pass wind. Does a transformer have a gastrointestinal tract? I doubt it. Instead of examining the HOW of this situation, we must instead focus on the WHY - and this draws us to the true depth of the movie. These transformers, mere machines, are accomplishing that which by all rights should prove impossible to them, and they are obviously doing it - in this specific instance - because it mimics human behaviour and generates a response; much like a dog will perform a trick if it knows it will get a treat. Machines who, in the movie, have travelled through space to reach Earth and recover an extremely scientifically advanced artifact from their equally advanced, and superior to humankind, nemeses are displayed performing tricks 'that make the little humans happy'.

One can not fail to see the humour in such a situation.

(courtesy of my significant other who done wroted the words)

Mar 1 - 05:49 AM

dethburger

dethburger hates Flixster

"au contraire, if you will excuse my small quip, I would wager that most folk who hate the movie were likely born in the shallow end of the gene pool"

So basically what you're saying is, it you dislike Transformers II you're stupid/retarded.

Now THATS stupid/retarded!

Mar 1 - 09:23 AM

Rusty Broomhandle

Jaco Gerber

The whole comment was purely intended as humour, you doofus. :)

Mar 1 - 11:15 PM

IBelievedInHarveyDent

Jim Huete

Don't worry, I won't.

Feb 26 - 09:26 AM

Devon B.

Devon Barnett

STFU Gimy.

This is Rotten Tomatoes. It's specifically designed to encourage people, like you and me, to opine and discuss films, especially the cultural impact of garbage. If you don't like reading dissenting opinions other than yours, than don't bother reading. It's as simple as that.

And no one needs a PhD to recognize how ***** Bay is at Transformers. In contrast, if you loved the first 2 Transformers, it's probably evidence of your stupidity.

Feb 26 - 09:27 AM

Smartest Person Here

Greg Bonnette

Did not see the second one...probably not missing anything... Call me when Megan Fox losses her top...

Feb 26 - 09:27 AM

Stepping Razor

Stepping Razor

@Smartest Person Here

Well, she's already lost her brain, so maybe her top will be the next thing to go. :)

Feb 26 - 09:53 AM

Stepping Razor

Stepping Razor

@Smartest Person Here

Feb 26 - 09:53 AM

Cory

Cory B

I have freedom of speech just like you do. And Michael Bay sucks. Deal with it.

Feb 26 - 09:59 AM

Cory

Cory B

The writer of this article is kinda stupid.

Don't lie and say you won't be there opening night? I won't be there at all, and that's no lie. Like the first two, I'll wait for the movie to pop up on Youtube. That way I don't have to throw away eight bucks on a garbage movie, but I'll still have the ammo.

And Bay delivering a strong story? Please. That idea is so incredibly stupid I shouldn't even acknowledge it with a response. But I did. Couldn't help myself.

Feb 26 - 10:03 AM

IBelievedInHarveyDent

Jim Huete

lol strong story. Didn't he say that about the last one? Nice editing job, Bay, you really ****ed the story up. He also said the last one was going to be incredibly dark. Yeah, 'cause having a 45-minute long running joke about the mom being high is the darkest movie possible. **** off and die, Bay.

Feb 26 - 10:14 AM

Stepping Razor

Stepping Razor

@Cory B. Both stupid and immature.

Maybe he's speaking for himself, and others who think like him, but I for one will not be there.

I only saw the second one because I had a free movie pass just to see how bad it was. Conclusion: I still wish I could get that free pass back.

I didn't see Avatar either because I need more than CGI splendor to get me to see a movie.

Feb 26 - 12:59 PM

IBelievedInHarveyDent

Jim Huete

Feb 26 - 10:14 AM

Thats No MooN

joshua zimmer

Feb 26 - 10:15 AM

manwithoutfear19

Daniel Raimondi

at least its in chicago
hopefully its not a letdown like the first two

Feb 26 - 10:15 AM

dj Mark

Mark Marquis

No PHD required... just a little common sense.

Feb 26 - 10:19 AM

King Thor

Chris Kalmin

Like a lot of people I liked the first one more than the second. Bay is really the wrong director for the Transformers movies, and not because of a bad story line.

It is because he (and the writers), give almost no character development to the robots. Second, there are way too many humans and human screen time, the robots play second fiddle. Third, Bay has a horrible habit of completely disregarding most of the bots and focusing on about 2 for the entirety of the movie. Also....Bumblebee needs to be able to speak.

Feb 26 - 10:23 AM

Matt Alex S.

Matias Sabaj

people,the insults are not necessary here,please.
Gimy,there's A LOT of people who didn't liked or hated Transformers movies,but that's no reason to call them "whining bitches whit PhD",it's their opinion,and that's ok.
Devon,there's also A LOT of people(and fans) who will pay a ticket to see a Transformers movie,but it doesn't mean that we are stupids,we are fans,for us is good to see Optimus Prime and the autobots fighting the decepticons,I know that ROTF is full of errors,I've read the comics to understand and to fill all the plot holes,personally i didn't like the humans in the movie the most of the time,were the transformers what sell it for me (after all,is a TRANSFORMERS movie).
fans says "if you hated it,your are an a$$hole",other people says "if you liked it/loved it,you are an a$$hole". It means that we are all a$$holes? I don't think so,that are just divided opinions,and we all need to respect that,because freedom of expression is the right of all humans beings ;). In the end,is just a movie,a mere product.
now I'm hoping that MB listen a little to the critics and some fans and make the third movie better even than the first one.

Feb 26 - 10:35 AM

Devon B.

Devon Barnett

"Devon,there's also A LOT of people(and fans) who will pay a ticket to see a Transformers movie,but it doesn't mean that we are stupids..."

Matt, please read a little more closely; I've said if you loved the first two Transformers movies it's PROBABLY evidence of stupidity.

The key word:

"Probably".

Nowhere in my post do I suggest that people who paid for a ticket to see the Transfomers films ARE stupid.

There's a difference man. It's there. Just re-read it.

Feb 26 - 10:47 AM

Zeppelin047

Ryan Branson

transformers could never be very deep or dark because its just not the character of the series. batman can be deep and dark, not transforming robots. that said, these could be better movies, there is misplaced humor and i agree that not enough time is spent on the transformers themselves...wtf with the half a$z love story between shia and megan. Mas robot wars please and that doesnt mean explosions that means development of the robots and necessity of battles that i would actually care about.

Feb 26 - 10:36 AM

Zaraki

Rick V

Obviously you haven't seen Beast Machines and it's WW2 theme. It can be quite dark if it tries enough, though it's quality is debatable (I loved it personally).

Feb 26 - 05:21 PM

Devon B.

Devon Barnett

The key word:

"Probably".

There's a difference man. It's there. Just re-read it.

Feb 26 - 10:47 AM

Matt Alex S.

Matias Sabaj

ahh,ok,sorry man

Feb 26 - 10:51 AM

Devon B.

Devon Barnett

Feb 26 - 10:57 AM

Devon B.

Devon Barnett

Feb 26 - 10:57 AM

seanmprd78

Sean Guyon

So what's gonna be in the 3rd movie? Robot Camel Toe, and Robot Hell?

Feb 26 - 11:28 AM

Matt L.

Matt Lubisich

in a just world michael bay would be in the same boat as uwe boll. no one would see his films and he would have trouble finding financing. instead we get to see film after film of mindless and loud crap from bay.

Feb 26 - 11:29 AM

vaderules

Noah Wenz

Color me an idiot, I suppose, but I had a lot of fun at TF2. A few too many d!ck jokes and the "twins" were annoying, but the action sequences were intense, the sound design was excellent, and I guess I'm in the minority that enjoys the absurdity of it all. I get the complaints, but to suggest Bay is "Uwe Boll" bad is hyperbole. You can see his dedication and attention to detail in his craft, he is invested in these things and is dedicated to making the movie that he wants to make. They stories... eh... but they provide enough support for the big battle sequences and that's really what these movies are about. Clearly people want to see them. I also understand the hardcore Transformers fans who think the robots get short-changed of screen time, but it's the human characters that bring the vast majority of the viewers to these movies. If it was just about the robots these movies would be lucky to gross $100 as only hardcore sci-fi fans would see them. In short, without them, there would be no Transformers movies at all.

Feb 26 - 12:16 PM

RoadDogXVIII

Michael Zimmerman

I still attest that Uwe Boll is THE worst filmmaker ever. Michael Bay has a couple of entertaining films ("Bad Boys", "The Island", "The Rock", and "Transformers") that I enjoy. But I have a feeling Jerry Bruckheimer had a hand in the last one, since Bay can do fine by himself.

I think Megan Fox is taking less shrapnel. With John Mayer saying his dick is a white supremist, Tila Tequila having a child, Lindsay Lohan upsetting people with her drug life, Matthew Fox cheating on his wife of 18 years (DListed says he's the next Josh Duhamel), and Heidi Montag getting DDD breast implants, Megan couldn't do anything as bad as who I've mentioned. Mickey Rourke said it himself, she's not doing any drugs or guzzling alcohol.

"Transformers 3" is probably going to suck. It's tradition that the third in a film franchise is always the worst.

Feb 26 - 06:29 PM

Weekly Binge
Weekly Binge

Check out Boardwalk Empire

Historical TV Shows
Historical TV Shows

40 TV depictions of past eras

Pictures of classic movie pairs

Annabelle Trailer