Clear Shots of "Transformers" Leaders Optimus Prime and Megatron

Summary

Whether you're into it for the 80's chic, nostalgia, or you just like robots, the new "Transformers" movie is on its way. We still aren't dead certain what they will look like, but new sightings have been made! Back to Article

Comments

nogard64

Nogard64 64

[b]HUH!!![/b]
look at me I'm a big time hollywood designer! I know how to add random sharp pointy edges that make no sense and serve no purpose except to look different. So is it transformers comming out in July or attack of the metalic porcupines?

Sep 10 - 02:44 AM

Arrow-space

Wes Fathauer

At least Prime is somewhat recognizable. I still can't believe that atrocity that's supposed to be Megatron.

Sep 10 - 02:55 AM

jackass2471973

Joe Black

[b]WTF[/b]
I can not believe that Michael Bays thinks that whatever that thing is would ever pass for Megatron....first off Megatron is not an alien jet....I just hope that over the next several months that Bays gets his head out of his @$$ and creates a design that is worthy of the name Megatron....Optimus is awesome....go back to the boards and design a Megatron that is a gun like the original....

Sep 10 - 04:41 AM

horrorbetterthandrama

m a

why don't you go find a pig to fuck

Sep 28 - 02:16 PM

Stankton

Reginald Grimshanker

This is a movie about transforming robots. I think that Michael Bay has the right to do whatever he wants with a movie that sounds in it's very concept, and will be, a new degree of terrible.

Sep 10 - 06:30 AM

CodeClearanceBlue

Bradley Peinhardt

[b]Some kind of Net-strategy??[/b]
Hopefully, Michael Bay and associates are using the Internet to "leak" design concepts for the robots in order to gauge fan reaction. I pray to God that's what they're doing. Maybe they'll take a cue from the massive backlash the Megatron design is creating and change it before it's too late. The damn thing really does look nothing like Megatron of any generation. I don't think anyone is expecting an exact copy of the Generation 1 Megatron, in fact that would probably look a little silly on the big screen. Less human and more alien is fine, just keep -some- of what the millions of Transformers fan love about Megatron.

Sep 10 - 06:31 AM

gerke

gerke kleinsmit

[b]a movie in disguis[/b]
what the f. this is almost like making a jurrasic park movie with horses instead of dinos or the coby show with the cast of dallas.

furthermore optimus has flames??? why since when do people pimp a 50 ft truck (let xzibit figure out how many plasma screens he can build into that one) and megatron should be a gun or modern laser/gun/rocketlauncher thing that can destroy a lot of things in a cool way, but not a stupid alien craft that will be hunted by will smith and then stored in area 51.

and why do they come via mars, i just like the stupid original story of the crash 400000 years ago etc etc.

Sep 10 - 06:37 AM

karle

Tim Stack II

I drove a rig for a very short time. Trust me, flames on the side of a truck wouldn't be unusual, uncommon maybe, but not unusual. There ARE guys out there who "pimp out" there trucks as much as some peeople do their cars. So granted flames is a change for Optimus, it would still be acceptable.

Sep 10 - 08:52 AM

hellhole

Ken Alleman

Look, folks... as long as this movie is about a big Something that transforms into a big Something Else, they're well within the guidelines established by the premise of the film. Try not to get a hair up your ass until the film is actually out and you have an opportunity to judge the finished product.

Sep 10 - 11:41 AM

gerke

gerke kleinsmit

[b]r[/b]
well if they make a movie based on a very popular serie with different very well known "characters" that a lot of people like and remember then they should try to capture that and stick close to the original. of course they should be judged when it is finished and be as creative as possible but use the given or else make something else.

Sep 10 - 12:01 PM

TheIceGhost

Harry Myland

TRANSFORMERS...MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE.....that'd probably be Bay's rouse; we'll just have to wait and see.

Sep 10 - 01:24 PM

jeremyf1977

jeremy fein

I'll just wait for it to come out on DVD. I'm sure if I don't pay 10.00 to help it make it number one at the box office. So sorry, I will be 30 next year I have better things to do than see a 80's toy commerical. And support Michale Bay. Sorry Mike.

Sep 10 - 01:27 PM

eastern2western

peter liu

[b]the toy factor[/b]
transformers is a hasbro entity. If hasbro can not turn it into a toy, then there is noway it is going to approve this design.

Sep 10 - 02:02 PM

SozeStrangelove

Will Potenberg

[b]Safety Hazard?[/b]
If your perspective is valid, then rejoice, purists!!

no way that that design of megatron will be the final one, as they will be turning all the robots into toys, and megatron is a lawsuit waiting to happen if they go through with it. Imagine it, kids will poke their own eyes out with him!!

Sep 10 - 07:14 PM

Stir

Mike Manzi

Hollywood cant think of anything original so they have to destroy other properties. Michael Bay is the least cool of the self proclaimed cool directors and producers, all of which are in fact not cool because they are hollywood morons....enjoy counting your cash while you destroy another franchise. What a waste.

Sep 10 - 06:18 PM

SozeStrangelove

Will Potenberg

[b]Safety Hazard?[/b]
If your perspective is valid, then rejoice, purists!!

Sep 10 - 07:14 PM

rockstarfrank

David Frank

Hey, I've got this great idea, let's make a Transformer movie only we'll change the robots so they all look gay, also let's get rid of all the elements that made Transformers cool. Let's also make Bumblebee a Camaro, a Camaro?!?!?! Hah hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahha

You don't have to be a genius to see this movie will suck, just open your friggen eyes!

Sep 10 - 08:30 PM

bhairav

Bhairav Shankar

come on!!!

i know that that they totally changed the look of megatron, but seriously, i thought it looked good.

I dunno about michael bay.., only watched bad boys, but the thing is, that he might be trying something different. The wat peter J did for LOTR. He totally diverted from the story, and gave it to us in an even better way. His wn renderation of it. I liked the lok of megatron, he looked seriously evil.

Maybe i will go to the theatres

Sep 10 - 09:39 PM

bhairav

Bhairav Shankar

come on!!!

Maybe i will go to the theatres

Sep 10 - 09:39 PM

eastern2western

peter liu

[b]it can not be the final design[/b]
Those designs must be some fan boys's erotic dream design. I do not think they are the final design for two reasons.
1) Turning those two suckers into toys are law suites waiting to happen. Those two designs have two many jagged edges and too many little parts. If some little boys play with it, he could either get his eyes poked out by the little edges or get choke to death by the small pars.
Another reason why these two figures can not turn into a toy is because the cost for reproducing them into plastic toys is going to be way too expensive for the average joe to afford. Those two designs have way too many parts and more parts euqal to expensier toys. If those toys get to a pt where regular joes can not afford to purchase for their kids, then hasbro is going to lose some major dollars.
An addition problem with the megatron design is that no kids can put their hands around it without inflicting some injuries due all of the jagged little edges. If they can not play with it, then they are no going to annoy their parents to buy those fuckers.
2) The second reason is those two designs would be way to expensive to reproduce in the cgi department. The thing about movie cgi is less details means lower in cost. Those two designs have way too many little parts that are going to give a lot of headaches to the fx department. I mean it is always possible to animate them on the big screen, but however the movie does not want to spend way too much money on just the two leaders because it has other parts such as people, explosions and supporting robots to worry about. However, this could be one of those 300 million dollar dollars where they spend 100 million just on the two leaders and split the rest on everything else. If that ever happens, then the final question is can they turn those two designs into toy figures without creating potential for law suites.
Transformers is a big extended toy commercial.

Sep 10 - 10:31 PM

pirate of skulls

spenser hodge

god fucking damn it, you nerds piss me off.

how in the fuck can you take a movie based on a 1980's CHILDRENS CARTOON this seriously.

now dont get me wrong, transformers is fucking rad, but jesus christ. calm the fuck down. as long as theres giant robots destroying shit, and plenty of death and destruction, it will end up being exactly what it IS and should be: mindless, fun entertainment.

Sep 11 - 02:54 AM

Albert

Alberto De la Hoz

Dude. Are you Michael Bay?

Sep 11 - 06:37 AM

eastern2western

peter liu

[b]u want to know why[/b]
Because I was one of those fuken kids during the 80's and this fucken cartoon was my bible.

Sep 11 - 08:44 AM

blorenze

brian lorenzen

Your bible sucks. This isn't religion... its transforming robots. This film is not nor could it ever have been profound or important... its getting the Michael Bay treatment and that was the only way it would be made into a movie. Take it or leave it.

Sep 11 - 12:29 PM

nogard64

Nogard64 64

[b]I'll tell you why![/b]
because its last few remnants of my childhood. Its my fondest memory of a time with out Terrorism, no iraq war, no high gas prices, no boss who watches over my shoulder, no cheating lying girlfriends, no elderly parents and you wonder whos gonna have to take care of them, no myspace, no internet, no credit car bills, no car payments, no health care costs, no utility bills, no judgemental friends who tell you how to live your life.

It was just me and big huge robot named Optimus Prime almost as tall as me sitting at the edge of my bed just staring at each other for hours. Hoping and wishing I'd grow up into a world with out all the things I just listed.

Sep 11 - 08:58 AM

MattyDaddy74

Matt Bible

[b]HAA HAAAAAAAAA!!!!!![/b]
I agree with you 100% dude!!! I'm always amazed at how people are so upset and rant and rave, piss and moan and just act plain ignorant over shit like this. It's really quite entertaining though!! These are the same people that stood in line for three years, camped out in front of Mann's Chinese Theater waiting for Episodes II and III of Star Wars to come out, only to bitch about the way the movie was directed, scripted, filmed, and acted. You're right too. Just go to the movies and enjoy the damn film. It's not supposed to be reality! It's supposed to get us away from the stress of everyday life, you know like work, the kids, the suicide bombings we see everyday on the news, Iran wanting to build nukes, hurricanes and earthquakes. Oh wait, I guess you guys wouldn't know because you're too DAMN BUSY ON THESE FREAKIN MESSAGE BOARDS BITCHIN' ABOUT THE DETAILS OF MOVIES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sep 12 - 08:47 PM

jo2

jo slash

[b]REally are such sore LOSERS[/b]
AMEN to you bro........

Sep 30 - 08:50 AM

wazzat

Matthew Thomas

[b]oooooo[/b]
this is gonna suck soooooooooo bad.

Sep 11 - 05:02 AM