Patriotic "Transformers" Breeding Love for the Armed Forces?

Summary

Fans expect a lot from the "Transformers" movie but one thing that might not be on their list is patriotism. Yeah, they handled all the robots and characters and voices and visual effects. But it's actually a movie where the military are the heroes. Granted, our boys' weapons don't make much of a dent in the Decepticons, but at least they try. Back to Article

Comments

bribios

brian wilson

I wish Michael Bay was in Iraq too.

Jul 3 - 01:23 PM

sr78

Sander Roubos

Thanks bribios, funniest moment of the day reading this.

Sad that this kid is playing in Indy IV. He's obvious too stupid to realize that Michael Bay is exceptionally good at kissing the US military's butt. They made some mistakes in handling the war in Iraq, but that's peanuts compared to collaborating with Michael Bay on Pearl Harbor.

Jul 3 - 01:34 PM

IMAmoose24

Eric Schulze

Haha, agreed man. Pearl Harbor was horrible!

I'm glad that they made it this way on purpose. Our country really needs to be united and backing our troops overseas. They are our true heroes.

Jul 3 - 08:31 PM

BReeG

Ben Gill

Harsh, man, but very funny. Kudos.

Jul 3 - 01:45 PM

Shaomaike

Mike Shaw

Brilliant.

Jul 3 - 05:12 PM

savethemooses

Alex N

[b]Damn[/b]
That is word-for-word what I was going to type. Good job getting that on the first post!

Jul 9 - 10:22 PM

sr78

Sander Roubos

Thanks bribios, funniest moment of the day reading this.

Jul 3 - 01:34 PM

IMAmoose24

Eric Schulze

Haha, agreed man. Pearl Harbor was horrible!

Jul 3 - 08:31 PM

BReeG

Ben Gill

Harsh, man, but very funny. Kudos.

Jul 3 - 01:45 PM

the train

Vinnie Oliveri

[b]shia lebeouf[/b]
should only speak when his words are written for him. but reading the product of his latest pontification leads me to wonder what he looks like when he transforms. i mean, right now, he's clearly a tool. presumably he transforms into something useful during the movie.

then again, he's but a wee lad yet. no one should pay attention to anyone under the age of 25. unfortunately, he will be allowed to vote.

Jul 3 - 03:02 PM

PStorms1229

Peter Storms

[b]whoever knocked on teenagers and shia lebeouf[/b]
you are obviously a fucking retard. 25+ year old dumbass. Plus, Shia LeBeouf has made more sense than any other actor anywhere near his age with what he says in interviews. Oh wait, you are right..... John Stamos, Rosie O Donnell, and all of those other old fogey actors in your age range have alot more useful information in what they say to the public. If teenagers didnt vote then the country would be run by even bigger fags

Jul 3 - 07:01 PM

FireflyFan4evr

Steven Johnson

I hate Micheal Bay, but even i have to admit he has made an excellent action film with Transformers. It was everything it promised to be, and it did it exceptionally well.

Jul 3 - 04:06 PM

arendr

Arend Anton

What the hell??? These articles are really getting worse. And this is the worst one yet.

What's up RT? Please stop posting this crap.

Jul 3 - 04:47 PM

dracus

Cap Nord

I hope that Transformers isn't as corny as this article is, but I'm sure I heard popping in the background while I was reading it. The same popping I heard when the President of the USA gallantly flew out to fight the aliens and save America in Independence Day. I'm getting creeped out just thinking about that one again.

Jul 3 - 04:53 PM

Admiral_N8

Nate L

Hey I think its great. Whats wrong with what Shia is saying?? He's right, we havent had movies where America is portrayed in a good light lately.

And there is NOTHING wrong with doing so in a movie, with putting those who put their lives in harms way in a positive light in a movie.

Jul 3 - 05:07 PM

Shaomaike

Mike Shaw

Brilliant.

Jul 3 - 05:12 PM

halfbloodprince13

George Ewing

[b]Stop![/b]
Stop the transformers PR it is really getting old.

Jul 3 - 05:26 PM

Defmonkey

Tyson Herritt

[b]What about the Spidey 3 PR?[/b]
I mean, they were posting news on what kinda undies Spidey wore in a certain scene.

Jul 3 - 05:47 PM

Defmonkey

Tyson Herritt

[b]What about the Spidey 3 PR?[/b]

Jul 3 - 05:47 PM

PStorms1229

Peter Storms

[b]whoever knocked on teenagers and shia lebeouf[/b]

Jul 3 - 07:01 PM

arendr

Arend Anton

Wow, this thread is ridiculous all of a sudden. To say that nobody should pay attention to anyone under 25 would eliminate some amazing music from our history. And unfortunately the previous comment rebutting this using the word "fags" and cite John Stamos and Rosie O'Donnell as actors really doesn't help the teenage case. Plus, it's hard to imagine a worse set of leaders in our government now anyway, so thanks for the help teenagers.

By the way, I'm 24 so I guess I'm in the irrelevant age range.

Jul 3 - 07:28 PM

Dark neo_wolf

Jose Hernandez

TRANSFORMERS!!!

More than meets the eye!

Jul 3 - 08:07 PM

Dark neo_wolf

Jose Hernandez

TRANSFORMERS!!!

More than meets the eye!

Jul 3 - 08:07 PM

IMAmoose24

Eric Schulze

Haha, agreed man. Pearl Harbor was horrible!

Jul 3 - 08:31 PM

GoodDoctorB

D.R. Blakeman

Good grief... For the last time, to all parties and their affiliates: it is absolutely possible to disagree with the actions of the Commander in Chief of the US Military while wishing nothing but love and support for those carrying out those orders.

I support our troops, I support my friends. The war is folly.

Leave statements to artists, RT.

Jul 3 - 08:55 PM

Karthik Selvakumar

Karthik Selvakumar

Transformers PR will probably die in two more days. >__>

Jul 3 - 10:10 PM

Basilides in Alexandria

Ken Verybigliar

The problem is the glorification of war and the military system (which in my opinion should have been abolished from this planet at least 300 years ago). Any serious conflict between militarized nations will inevitably end up in blood and death everywhere. As gay as it sounds, I would prefer to see America portrayed as a peaceful nation these days, instead of portrayed as the country with the bad-ass soldiers...

Jul 3 - 10:20 PM

TheSoliloquist

Jared Carson

[b]God Bless America. Happy 4th.[/b]
Oh, now THAT makes a lot of sense. Abolish the military? Ok, so abolish our protectors, our defense, our safety. You do realize that's what our armed forces stand for? You understand that they've helped protect us from terrorist attacks since 9/11? That they won our independence, stopped Hitler, the Japanese in World War II, have put down tyrants and megalomaniacs, freed countries and oppressed citizens the world over, and are currently sacrificing their lives (whether they die or not) to protect you and every word you're able to say.

War is hell, and I don't need to tell you that. War is the necessary evil in many instances, however. What happened in Glasgow and London last week? Terror plots were foiled. Muhammed Haneef and 6 other doctor-disguised terrorists filled cars with explosives and nails to KILL people. Not injure. Not maim. KILL. But YOU....want to abolish the military system. Smart. How do you propose we deal with terrorists without a military, Basilides?

The problem is, because the world we live in is inherently violent, we'll never be free from attack or threat. Terrorists and villains have threatened people since the beginning of time. The military is needed, will always be, and for you to vouch for the end of our defenders is disgraceful and wrong.

Peace is euphoric, but it can't be had without protection.

Jul 4 - 10:01 PM

Basilides in Alexandria

Ken Verybigliar

Hey Soliloquist, how many times do I have to repeat myself? I didn't say AMERICA should abolish the military system. I said the ENTIRE PLANET should have already abolished the military system... What I'm saying is that I think the militarization of nations is a mistake, and therefore I don't applaud the glorification of the military. It's not about a utopia, conflicts will always exist, but do we have to solve them with blood, death, and radioactivity? And by the way, you don't need nuclear bombs, and tanks, and soldiers to stop a car bomb plot. Also, the dangerous guns and weapons used by terrorists are manufactured by heavy militarized countries.

So, I'm disgraceful and wrong for wanting to live in a world with no armies, right? God bless America, yes, but I say God Bless the world too.

Jul 5 - 07:41 PM

wilkiedriver

Aaron Wilkins

I'm not pro-war, but it was only a matter of time before the pussies started coming out of the closet and showing up at RT. If you want to live in a fairy-tale land where sin (i.e. war) is not among us, then you might need to find some god, maybe any god, and hope that after you die you won't suffer.

Jul 5 - 12:04 PM

lavatory love machine

juan carlos petruchi

people really suck, I wish the decepticons were real and they come here to kill us all, we sure deserve it

Jul 3 - 10:55 PM

narcissusbleh

Christian Diaz

you speak the truth!

Jul 4 - 08:10 PM

Richard Linklater
Richard Linklater

What are his Five Favorite Films?

The Hunger Games
The Hunger Games

New Mockingjay teaser trailer

Emmys
Emmys

Full 2014 nominations list

Planet of the Apes
Planet of the Apes

Watch interviews with the cast