RT on DVD: Transformers Hit Blu-ray; Watch Office DVD Blooper Reel

We bring you the most exciting news and releases of the week!

Get ready, boys and girls; we're gonna try something new this week at RT on DVD. We've sifted through all the breaking news, announcements, and new releases of the DVD world to bring you the most absolutely awesome and notable bits of the week. You'll laugh, you'll cry (from laughing), you'll add tons of new items to your Netflix queue...

1. The Office Season Four (Plus Exclusive Deleted Scene!)

Office Season Four

Few bosses are as hellish to work with as Dunder Mifflin's Regional Manager Michael Scott (Steve Carell). Thankfully, few sitcoms are as excruciatingly on point about dysfunctional corporate culture as The Office, making even the most familiar of awkward situations funny. Things got really good in Season Four - we saw Michael's charity Fun Run for rabies, the freezer death of Angela's cat, Sprinkles, Michael and Jan's break-up, and most importantly, the public unveiling of Jim (John Krasinski) and Pam's (Jenna Fischer) secret office romance!

Season Four is available on DVD this week, and it's packed with goodies. (That's what she said.) In addition to the season's 14 episodes, catch deleted scenes, outtakes, Dwight's Second Life gaming footage (see above), a read-through of the "Did I Stutter?" episode, a "Goodbye, Toby" music video, four episode commentaries, and more. Seasons 1-4 are also available in the Office - Ultimate Package set.

We're delighted to bring you an exclusive deleted scene from the bonus menu from the episode "Fun Run" -- all you need to know is, prepare yourself for a pants-less Steve Carell.

Next: Transformers on Blu-ray!!

Comments

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

I'll pick up The Office some time this week, I would call everyone an idiot if they actually re-buy Transformers on Blu-Ray considering you know a way better blu ray box set will probably come out around when Transformers 2 comes out. I definitely wouldn't say that The Incredible Hulk wasn't a stretch from HULK, I would say it was a better movie it was dumb fun while Ang Lee's Hulk was just kind of boring. Also I bet that 26 minutes that were suppose to be included on the full 70 minutes of deleted scenes are the scenes Norton wanted in the movie, so it is guaranteed that en extended cut is planned. Thats cool Band of Brothers is coming to blu-ray, great mini series I just dont know if I will re-buy it, I know I will probably re-buy Firefly on blu-ray though. Oh and that alternate ending on the Incredible Hulk I heard is that captain america part, so that may even be enough for me to get it on blu-ray.

Sep 2 - 08:50 AM

HyperionChild

Warren John

"Megan Fox in HD".
LOL...they should advertise the Transformers release with just that tagline.
They would sell a zillion copies.

Sep 2 - 09:23 AM

Jen Yamato

Jen Yamato

jokerboy, I'm amazed every week to see how big a DVD buyer you are. You must have the largest DVD collection ever!

Sep 2 - 09:24 AM

vitajex

Mike M

"Fantasia" on Blu-Ray will allow our grandchildren to have the world's GREATEST trip sessions in the comfort of their own living rooms. Seriously, if you've never seen it on DVD with 5.1 (or better) surround sound, you have NO idea what you're missing. I literally had an out-of-body experience while watching... of course I had help...

Sep 2 - 10:11 AM

nate2709

Nate 2709

Just picked up Transformers Blu-Ray and am awaiting my Criterion copy of Salo to arrive in the mail. Can't wait to see that one. ;)

Sep 2 - 11:15 AM

nate2709

Nate 2709

And yeah Jokerboy, I'm an idiot for getting Transformers on Blu since it'll be rereleased in just 10 short months, give me a friggin break!

Sep 2 - 11:19 AM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

Come on man, don't wast your money.

Sep 2 - 12:04 PM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

"Forget about it, jokerboy... It's Chinatown."

Sep 2 - 12:06 PM

jdinc1998

Justin Demmett

Why not just wait until they release Transformers 3 on blue ray and get the 3 pack. That would be an even better deal. Puhlease. Enjoy it now while life lets you.

Sep 2 - 01:39 PM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

Come on man, don't wast your money.

Sep 2 - 12:04 PM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

"Forget about it, jokerboy... It's Chinatown."

Sep 2 - 12:06 PM

jdinc1998

Justin Demmett

Sep 2 - 01:39 PM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

"Forget about it, jokerboy... It's Chinatown."

Sep 2 - 12:06 PM

Merlin235

Merlin Ambrosius

I never bought Transformers on DVD since it didn't come out on Blu ray in favor of HD DVD (good call Paramount! You nailed that one!). I might buy it now. I have no interest in the 'special features' for this movie. I don't want to know anything about how Bay blew stuff up and how cool it was, or how they generated the bots on their cool awesome computers. Whatever, I'm in it for the movie.

Sep 2 - 01:16 PM

Jen Yamato

Jen Yamato

Ha!

Sep 2 - 01:32 PM

sliknik27

Nick Langan

Band of Brothers on Blu-Ray should be spectacular. I'll be waiting with bated breath for that one.

Sep 2 - 01:34 PM

jdinc1998

Justin Demmett

Sep 2 - 01:39 PM

Jen Yamato

Jen Yamato

Huh. Who would have thought someone with the name "Spermian Jones" would not only be offensive, but egregiously misspell someone's last name. A name which is quite easy to look up and cite and spell correctly. It's really not that difficult.

Plus, I did the math. Hence, the numbers. The Tomatometer numbers; the box office numbers; the production cost numbers. My point still stands - the two Hulk movies, however different in concept and execution, are really not that different in terms of performance. But there seems to be the perception that Incredible Hulk is MUCH better than Hulk. (And guess what? I liked Ang Lee's Hulk just fine.)

Sep 2 - 10:47 PM

Product_of_You

Steven Edwards

I really believe that The Incredible Hulk's box office was hurt by the other hulk movie though, and people out of the loop not realizing that it was completely divorced of that film.

Therefor I would assume if they make another one then it will do better.

Sep 3 - 12:33 AM

LJPlayer69

Jose Manuel

Sorry to break the news for you RT, The Iron Man trailer IS ON HD on the HD DVD...you just have to wait until the end credits finish...the only differences are the new Dolby TrueHD track, and the BD-Live features...

Sep 3 - 10:55 AM

Poor_Frisco

Christian Estabrook

...when is the incredible Hulk's release date?

Sep 3 - 12:14 PM

Random_Jake

Joshua Mills

Forget Transformers and Hulk. Maybe Shia could have a cameo with Rorschach and have his finger broken.

Sep 3 - 12:19 PM

Jen Yamato

Jen Yamato

Hmm. Ok, thanks LJ. But then how many people have HD DVD and Blu-Ray?

Sep 4 - 11:32 AM

LJPlayer69

Jose Manuel

I got my HD DVD player for $99 (when Walmart had them on sale)..and now most HD DVDs are around $10...answering your question, around 5% of DVD owners...still, RT was wrong...=p

Sep 5 - 06:58 AM

New on DVD & Blu-Ray
New on DVD & Blu-Ray

Transcendence, Sabotage, Shōgun...

Pictures of classic movie pairs

Annabelle Trailer
Annabelle Trailer

Horror spin-off of The Conjuring

Laggies Trailer
Laggies Trailer

Keira Knightley is a responsible rebel