Weekly Ketchup: Mark Wahlberg To Star In Transformers 4

Summary

The week in Hollywood movie development news -- following last week's announcement of Disney's plans for Star Wars Episode VII -- seemed almost late-August-like in terms of relative activity. What did make the news this week included stories about The Giver, Tarzan, Transformers 4, the not-going-to-happen-anymore sequel to Top Gun, and yes, indeed, more stories about Star Wars Episode VII. Back to Article

Comments

Ezra Hsieh

Ezra Hsieh

But Coppola himself direct the Godfather sequels, the same can't happens to Casablanca.

Nov 10 - 03:21 PM

Kadeem S.

Kadeem Stewart

I hope the 4th Transformers be as good as the 3 films. But Mark Walberg makes a good choice.

Yeah, we don't need a Top Gun sequel because of Tony Scott's horrifying suicide attempt that nearly ended his career. Remember when Ron Howard tweeted "No more Tony Scott movies!" That's why we better stick to the original Top Gun, but not in 3-D.

I love Casablanca, but there's no way in hell if they couls make a sequel out of it.

Nov 10 - 04:53 PM

Cj Jocson

Cj Jocson

"horrifying suicide attempt that nearly ended his career."... what? i dont understand this...

Nov 12 - 02:49 AM

David Gilmer

David Gilmer

I firmly believe that a Casablanca sequel is truly cinematic heresy and should be shot down immediately. As for Episode VII news, Michael Ardnt is a shrewed choice. He did great on TS3 and will do good on Catching Fire. As for Trans4mers, Mark Wahlberg might have a shot at something pretty special here.

Nov 10 - 05:55 PM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

It's interesting that Spielberg's desk was graced, because Dreamworks has a new distribution deal with Disney, and even though Amblin is more associated with Universal and Warners, it would be intriguing whether Spielberg will, at least, produce. But, seriously, whoever even asked Tarantino needs to get punched in the mouth. I don't understand what the problem is with having Mark Hamill back. I don't care if Ford just gets a smirk-shot.

"The Giver" sounds good, but Phillip Noyce (like Peter Yates, really) is a pretty faceless director. He has one Aussie classic in "Newsfront", but we forget that he also did trash like "Sliver" and "Bone Collector". Yates has been an anonymous journeyman for the last 20 years too. The hype could be "Bullitt in the Jungle!", but that was a very long time ago. Yates doesn't bring a lot of personal flavor. Personally, I'd like to see Fassbender as Tarzan, but he may not be available.

Wahlberg and Statham, I admit, do sound like a great action combo, but while the acting is atrocious in "Transformers", good actors cannot save the utterly inane scripts. As long as Bay is involved, Hope is Lost.

I'll give Jane's Western a chance. I saw his first movie on cable just a few weeks ago, and it was awful, but it reminded me of the really bad noirish straight-to-video movies of the 90s. My question is: why can't anyone get Nolte and Ron Perlman in a movie together?

That's a good reminder that, once upon a time, Tim Robbins made some excellent movies. Will he still have it after 13 years?

And the file closes shut on the "Top Gun 2" project, as cold as Iceman's Ice Ice Teeth. I still don't think the film, with it's quick cuts of close-ups and spatial-defying shots of wings and rockets, will translate well to 3D. I think it's going to look like a mess and be migraine-inducing.

Hollywood dare do a "Casablanca" sequel? I'm SHOCKED! Shocked I say! (Just as shocked that I'm the first one here to use that joke...)

Nov 10 - 08:47 PM

Ariel Facey

Ariel Facey

Cant wait for Star Wars!! Disney and Star Wars are my 2 favorite things! And now they are both together! <3 =]

Nov 10 - 09:19 PM

Ariel Facey

Ariel Facey

Nov 10 - 09:20 PM

Alexander Holder

Alexander Holder

Citizen Kane 2: CITIZEN PAIN

Nov 11 - 12:47 AM

BMS1234

brandon sideleau

Transformers 4? I think I'd rather have hot needles stuck in my eyes.

Nov 11 - 03:11 AM

Andrew I.

Andrew Imrie

Can someone tell me why subbing Ben Affleck and Kristen Stewart for Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone is a "fresh" development?

Nov 11 - 10:13 AM

Brad and Netflix

Bradly Martin

Everybody is on a Ben Affleck high right now would be my guess. Stewart has also been pretty decent in low budget forgettable fare.

Nov 11 - 11:43 AM

Brad and Netflix

Bradly Martin

Nov 11 - 11:43 AM

Roger Keen

Roger Keen

There will always be those people that dislike something just to bring the spotlight to themselve or to be obtuse

Nov 11 - 02:51 PM

Fherp7.15

Fernando Josť Gůmez HernŠndez

Estoy totalmente en desacuerdo con la secuela de Casablanca, las segundas partes son un fracaso hablando de calidad. Están arriesgando mucho el hecho de considerar hacer una continuación de esta emblemática película.

Nov 11 - 03:38 PM

Eko Prasetyo

Eko Prasetyo

Mark Wahlberg as older Sam "Spike" Witwicky ?

Nov 11 - 03:51 PM

Brad and Netflix

Bradly Martin

I dunno, can a fully grown adult grow up to be a different looking fully grown adult?

Nov 11 - 05:31 PM

Nine Movies That Bring the Funk

Weekly Binge
Weekly Binge

Watch Arrested Development

SpongeBob's Back!
SpongeBob's Back!

See trailer for his 3D adventure

Photo gallery of great movie spaceships