"Transformers" Revealed!

Summary

Which "robots in disguise" will show up for Michael Bay's live-action "Transformers" next year? Two of the pic's screenwriters showed up online this morning to reveal just which Autobots and Decepticons we can look forward to seeing duke it out on the big screen. Back to Article

Comments

Stir

Mike Manzi

semi-retarded

nobody ever gets it straight so the changes don't bother me.
I will go see it, and it will most likely blow like all Michael Bay movies.

Aug 19 - 08:24 AM

IMAmoose24

Eric Schulze

haha, manos the hands of fate. What a great MST3K movie.

Aug 19 - 10:45 AM

Bracketman

Grant Easton

Two words - Who Cares.

Aug 19 - 12:17 PM

Mr. Shizzle

Darminous Hang

[b]what, no dinobots??????[/b]
jk.

The deceptacons are such badassess compared to the autobots.

Aug 19 - 02:55 PM

BBBD

Clark Kent

[b]Soundwave...[/b]
was not originally a boombox. Prime was not originally a semi. None of the Transformers were what we know them as when they came to Earth. They crashed and were dormant for many years. A volcano reactivated their ship which in turn sent out a scout machine to look around. It studied technology that was nearby and remade the Transformers to take the form of this technology. That is how they got the disguise in "robots in disguise."

Aug 19 - 03:06 PM

dontquotemeonthat.com

Charles Bittner

[b]he'd have to be an ipod[/b]
it just won't work, no getto-blasters in our time

Aug 19 - 03:39 PM

Visa

Jeff Kinnamon

Judging by The Island, I wouldn't be suprised if Soundwave would be changed to an X-Box... Also, Bublebee doesn't quite sound like the right type of a name for a Camaro but I'm assuming this change is in direct reference to the new Camaro Chevy is coming out with. He'll look cool but it'll be blantant commercialism.

I still have high hopes for this movie. Guess we'll see...

Aug 19 - 06:08 PM

PrecentorEpsilonXVI

James Humpula

Maybe, instead of the "sneaky spy guy" we could have Soundwave change into a voice actived cassette or mp3 recorder. Then, Soundwave could "spy" on people, and he'd still be able to shoot cassettes from his chest that transformed into X-Boxes and whatnot...

Aug 19 - 07:29 PM

Visa

Jeff Kinnamon

I still have high hopes for this movie. Guess we'll see...

Aug 19 - 06:08 PM

Nathiest

Nathan Blank

[b]Magatron? HA![/b]
Starscream rules!

This movie is going to be the greatest!

Aug 19 - 07:06 PM

PrecentorEpsilonXVI

James Humpula

Aug 19 - 07:29 PM

BuckRogers

Mick Smith

I never liked the cartoon as a kid,(i prefered Voltron) so i'm pretty sure i'm not going to like this extremely GAY! movie as an adult.

Aug 20 - 09:00 AM

ArmyofJuan

Juan Marable

You my friend, are a liar. Everyone at some point in their lives, like transformers. Voltron and Transformers go hand in hand anyways. Cars that transform into robots and tigers that transform into a big giant robot man with a sword.

Personally, i liked both shows.

And you know, it IS possible to like more than one 80's cartoon. Know need to take sides.

Aug 21 - 07:22 PM

Kudos Mooney

Jeremy Mullins

YOU'RE an extremely gay movie.

Aug 20 - 09:25 AM

Chris55

paul jackson

Man, that's the weakest insult I've ever seen

Aug 20 - 11:00 AM

Chris55

paul jackson

Man, that's the weakest insult I've ever seen

Aug 20 - 11:00 AM

Kudos Mooney

Jeremy Mullins

well it's a good thing it's sarcasm. because, man, otherwise, that statement might have actually had substance. on the other hand, it might actually be a gay movie. those homosexuals and their propoganda.

Aug 20 - 12:04 PM

Substance

peter bui

[b]How the hell...[/b]
..do the Autobots expect to win with that crappy line-up? No Wheeljack, Sunstreaker, Mirage, and even Hound. Soundwave is one of the most memorable character that we all grew up with. Probably one of the most popular bad guys in the Transformer universe. He better make it into the movie in some kind of form.

Aug 20 - 02:15 PM

badasscat

T T

[b]Sadly.....for Jazz[/b]
Scatman is dead.....I wonder if they'll keep the voice black.

Aug 20 - 04:19 PM

wolstencroft

james wolstencroft

It does say "SOME" of the characters cited to appear in the movie.

Im sure there will be plenty more.
I imagine someone liek Soundwave playing a minor role. I mean, a tape recorder cant really do much in the heat of battle.
He'll probably hang out in the Deceptacons headquarters or something.

Aug 20 - 07:30 PM

RexLaboro

george glass

[b]Be afraid.... be very, afraid.[/b]
I remember not long ago, thinking about 'Yoda: the Jedi Master' and how he must have been in battle. Upon trying to imagine this I would run across several ridiculous scenarios in my head no matter the approach. There was no way for it to NOT look ridiculous.

I once pondered the coolness of a live-action TRANSFORMERS movie...

Aug 20 - 11:08 PM

chosenone86

Harry Sparks

All of you guys saying that the movie is going to suck(without having seen the film), you hate Michael Bay(Bay envy, that's all it is) and you won't see it are so full of it. You know you are going to be the first ones in line at the midnight screening. You know it, we know it.

Aug 21 - 06:52 AM

ArmyofJuan

Juan Marable

Personally, i liked both shows.

Aug 21 - 07:22 PM

Tombstone Law Dog

Daniel Klein

[b]Viva le Bay[/b]
I'm about to lose any and all street cred, here, but I LIKED Pearl Harbor-- screw the cheesy romance, axe Hartnet and Affleck (Beckinsale can stay if she puts on her Underworld undies), but the soul of the movie [for me] was the mostly historically accurate and visually AMAZING attack on the Harbor, itself, and that was done superbly. Freakin' FF the rest of the film, it's still worth it just for that scene.
Aside from PH and the Island, Bay has hit a home run (in style and entertainment, if not depth or class), every time; Bad Boys 1&2, the Rock, Armegeddon.

I have *some* high hopes for this movie, but I admit the roster favors the decepticons to the point of slaughter: freakin' BUMBLEBEE!? Yeah, I know he's a seminal character, but what a freakin WUSS! he's like the official 'woman in distress' of the transformers, always needing to be rescued! Shit, the 'cons even get a NEW badguys who poses as a cop car!

..and wasn't BRAWL an autobot, back in the day?

Anyway, I look forward to it, whatever it is. Hope they get the original Prime voice.

Aug 22 - 07:12 AM

New on DVD & Blu-Ray
New on DVD & Blu-Ray

Transcendence, Sabotage, Shōgun...

Pictures of classic movie pairs

Annabelle Trailer
Annabelle Trailer

Horror spin-off of The Conjuring

Laggies Trailer
Laggies Trailer

Keira Knightley is a responsible rebel