Transporter 3: Statham's Back With a New Director

Frank Martin gets back in the driver's seat.

For all your top-secret transportation needs (along with other job tasks like missile deflecting and miraculous midair bomb removal from the bottom of your car using a construction crane), Jason Statham will always be your man. He'll be returning as Frank Martin for The Transporter 3, though sans Transporter 1 and 2 director Louis Leterrier.

Instead, EuropaCorp will be delivering us the Megaton. Oliver Megaton, director of cult French thriller The Red Siren and second-unit director of Hitman, will be helming this threequel.

No release date has been set though screenwriter/producer Luc Besson and Robert Mark Kamen are returning, along with co-star Francois Berleand. Robert Knepper will be among the fresh faces in Transporter 3's cast.

Source: Variety

Comments

smi1ey

Matt Dunn

the first 2 transporters weren't about acting, characters, and especially plot. they were mindless fun and good action/martial arts. if the third is the same, i won't complain... can't say i'll see it in the theater though.

Feb 26 - 11:05 AM

Squaregeiz

Clayton Chan

I'm calling it now.

Frank Martin's going to strap a rocket engine to his car and launch off a ramp to catch up to the Space Shuttle. Then he'll have a fight in low orbit, blow up the Shuttle, and surf back to Earth on a piece of the heat shielding on the Shuttle's underside.

Feb 26 - 11:10 AM

Nerdo86

Nathan Velez

sweetness. although the first was better than the second i'll still go see it, statham is the man!

Feb 26 - 11:24 AM

furiousgeorge

Joseph Wright

/more excited about Crank 2.

but still pretty excited that Besson is still doing it.

Feb 26 - 11:28 AM

furiousgeorge

Joseph Wright

/more excited about Crank 2.

but still pretty excited that Besson is still doing it.

Feb 26 - 11:35 AM

A Lapse In Reason

Nick Haskell

I really enjoyed the first Transporter but the second wasn't nearly as good, it was still a decent action flick.

Feb 26 - 11:49 AM

southwick

jonathan edwards

I haven't read about it, but I am still confused as hell about Crank 2... didn't the last movie kind of remove the possibility of a sequel. Guess I will go look it up.

Feb 26 - 12:17 PM

Elixor

Daniel Klooster

Transporter 1 = Good action flick.

Transporter 2 = Bad, mainly because it was too over-the-top, and was a sequel to a good movie that wasn't.

Please be more like the former.

Feb 26 - 12:37 PM

TombstoneLawDog

Daniel Klein

Elixor:

..I really can't add anything to your post, dude. that's pretty much exactly how I feel about it.

Except to add 'F#CK YEAH! WHAT HE SAID'

Feb 26 - 01:33 PM

TombstoneLawDog

Daniel Klein

Elixor:

Except to add 'F#CK YEAH! WHAT HE SAID'

Feb 26 - 01:33 PM

nblarson

Nick Larson

I dig Statham's niche acting in his action roles, but the guy's got about as much range as a three-year old has with a frisbee. I've got a bad feeling that as he ages, his career will wane into something Seagal-esque.

Feb 26 - 03:41 PM

cypress550

jeremy burnside

the first movie was so good but they really dropped the ball on the second, hopefully they go back to the type of movie the first was.

Feb 26 - 04:42 PM

nate2709

Nate 2709

I'm really beginning to hate Jason Statham and his unwillingness to make good movies. GFY, Jason!

Feb 26 - 04:56 PM

Siler_117

Justin Siler

Yes! It's decided, Jason Statham is becoming the next Jean Claude Van Dam...excpect he knows how to act...and his movies are all sent straight to DVD and put in the 5 dollar bin at wal-mart...but if he doesn't watch it with the trasporter movies and the sequel to that movie I could have cared less about where he has to keep running and keep his adrenaline up...yada yada...he could be the next one...sad sad thing too...he was great in the Italian Job

Feb 26 - 08:12 PM

Siler_117

Justin Siler

Feb 26 - 08:12 PM

eTiMaGo

Thomas Gires

Oh boy.... I guess he really needs the money for that hair transplant surgery...

Feb 27 - 02:02 AM

Gimy

Gimy Moo

you guys are idiots, go watch London or Snatch, both good movies that HE WAS IN. try getting out more and watching more than a decent budget action flick and you'd realize he's better than van damme, c'mon. and lets be honest here, he's an ACTION star...how many of them really have a ton of range??

simply put, if you liked his previous work...go see this. if you didn't, shutup and stop posting. the guy won't change, he won't do a movie in which he plays a retarded 4 year old that appears to be a 35 year old man. these movies are written at one coffee shop meeting. the writer says...ok, sequel to Crank/Transporter. Trans 3...lets have him take a hot chic, and keep her alive. ensue jason kicking the crap out of everybody. ok PHEW, tough work! ok, now Crank 2. uh...opening scene...Jason kicks 2ss, next scene...kicks chics 2ss...next scene, kicks black guys 2ss. next scene...hey, lets put an indian guy in there. movie...done. if you want a thought provoking movie...go see Hard Candy, if you want a no brains allowed action flick...see this. phew, thats tough to understand...

if you thought "but he died in the first Crank movie!"...you're already overthinking the flick too much, don't bother with renting/going to see the sequel. go watch Bourne or Bond for a more plausible action movie...

Feb 27 - 05:15 AM

TombstoneLawDog

Daniel Klein

Had to add to the 'hot chick' reference--

LET THE HOT CHICK BE **HOT**, not one a selection of scrawny, mascara-scarred freak-shows. Whoever thought it was sexy or cool to have the flat-chested, no-hipped white version of Grace Jones as the bad guy in Transporter 2 should be destroyed. Not fired, not humiliated publicly, but destroyed.

I admit I actually dug the Asian girl from the first one, but let's GET some FREAKIN' CURVES on these WOMEN!! Generally, I wouldn't think Eva Mendes would come within 30 miles of something like this, but she DID do "GHOSTRIDER." VIVA EVA!

Okay, I've vented my neanderthal. Now back to regularly scheduled ranting..

Feb 27 - 07:35 AM

TombstoneLawDog

Daniel Klein

Had to add to the 'hot chick' reference--

Okay, I've vented my neanderthal. Now back to regularly scheduled ranting..

Feb 27 - 07:35 AM

thesoundguy44

mike glenn

he was great in snatch and lock, stock, and two smoking barrels. neither one of those were pure action movies, more like comedy dramas

Feb 27 - 07:36 AM

walkingdead09

Justin Dean

its hard for me to buy a middle-aged balding aussy, as a bad ***. Strath is a douche, his movies are garbage.

Feb 27 - 08:03 AM

candiruacu

Randy Hodne

Statham could kick your a** (and mine too) without breathing hard-
He is pi**ing away his career with the likes of Ooh-Vay Boll, though-
Hoping "The Bank Job" is a step in the right direction.

Feb 28 - 10:30 PM

Weekly Binge
Weekly Binge

Check out Boardwalk Empire

Historical TV Shows
Historical TV Shows

40 TV depictions of past eras

Pictures of classic movie pairs

Annabelle Trailer