Trapped in Paradise - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Trapped in Paradise Reviews

½ May 27, 2011
A bit fun and really dumb.
ScoopOnline
December 5, 2009
Mr Cage seem to be the keeper of a specific knowledge to play "innocent guy" in a Movie even as a gangster. lol. Very Funny Movie.
LWOODS04
½ November 2, 2009
Three brothers (Nicolas Cage, Jon Lovitz, Dana Carvey) with a streak of lawbreaking in them head to a small town in Pennsylvania called Paradise, intending to rob a ripe bank there. But the people in the community turn out to be so nice that the thought of ripping them off proves difficult to imagine.

A fun and funny movie. Great cast. Definitely not a serious type movie. Watch this just for a laugh and nothing more.
garyX
March 8, 2007
Likeable comedy crime caper full of the usual stereotypes, but it did make me laugh.
January 26, 2007
I remember this being ok when I saw it.
December 17, 2012
The goofball comedy Trapped in Paradise is a fun and entertaining film that is full of holiday spirit. When Bill Firpo's brothers get paroled from prison they con him into pulling a daring Christmas Eve bank heist, but things go wrong as they seem unable to find their way out of the city. Nicolas Cage, Jon Lovitz, Dana Carvey, and Madchen Amick form a great cast that are well suited for this style of comedy. Additionally, the lighthearted humor is well played and works with the cheesy, over-the-top comedic tone that the film is going for. Trapped in Paradise gets a little too wacky now and then, but on the whole it's an enjoyable romp that delivers plenty of laughs.
February 14, 2010
It got better the second half through. You know those movies where you get so frustrated and aggravated at the main character because you want to like him so bad but he just goes around doing stupid things? That's this movie for the first half. Then it gets better. Unforgettable characters., amusing dialogue, and funny story line.
½ June 28, 2007
This movie was totally awesome.
December 19, 2008
Meh, Wasn't expecting much, didn't get much, one or two laughs in the beginning then the film starts to drag a bit.
½ October 24, 2015
Nicolas Cage, Jon Lovitz and Dana Carvey play three brothers that decided to rob a bank in a small town known as Paradise. After the robbery however, regardless of the transportation, they find themselves unable to leave the small town. As they interact with the small town folk they start to wonder if they did the right thing. Trapped in Paradise is good enough for a Christmas movie, but has shallow characters and not enough heart to be better. Trapped in Paradise has the right formula in place, but is not executed well enough to become a great movie or even a good holiday classic.
February 26, 2015
A very nice comedy! Cage, Lovitz and Carvey mesh really well together! The storyline stays fresh and grows while Cage is funny, yet maintains some seriousness while Lovitz and Carvey keep the laughs coming nearly non-stop.
½ December 30, 2013
No it's not good, but man don't Cage, Lovitz and Carey have some moments in this forgettable Christmas caper, yet for some reason I can't help but enjoy it. You want to see Cage in a true hidden holiday gem watch The Family Man.
May 4, 2013
January 25, 2013
Fun holiday film with enough laughs and entertaining characters to make it a worth-while watch. Enjoyable easy viewing with great Christmas town setting.
December 4, 2012
I remember watching this movie as a kid and thinking it was bad. As an adult though its even worse. Dana Carvey's character is one of the most annoying character's in film history!
September 4, 2011
Nicholas Cage was OK, Jon Lovitz was hilarious! He truly made this movie but I found Dana Carvey to be extremely annoying.Other then that, It's just something to pass the time when nothing else is on.There were some parts in the movie I liked but I can't even remember what they were.Trapped In Paradise started off horrible & ended the same way it started
August 25, 2011
A goofy, low-budget Christmas film that I just can't help but like. Nic Cage has always been one of my all-time favorite actors, and that's the main reason I was interested in seeing this. The supporting cast is pretty star-studded, but don't do very well. It's all Cage who drives this to be an at least decent Holiday getaway. The plot is blah blah, but I didn't criticize that aspect much, because if you know me well enough, you know I don't take Christmas flicks too seriously. It's all about family fun. I found this film enjoyable, silly, and frankly a bit stupid. But.....it's a very fun flick to watch.
½ July 10, 2011
Cage, Carvey and Lovitz try their hardest to elevate the mediocre script, but unfortunately it's all to no avail, as it left me wanting to see Carvey and Lovitz in their SNL days, while I longed to rewatch Cage's brilliance in Matchstick Men.
February 1, 2011
February 8, 2011
One of my childhood, holiday favorites. Cage plays the "level-headed older brother to Lovitz and Carvey. pretty enterntaining during the holidays but wont completely satisfy your funny bone on the off season