62% The Maze Runner Sep 19

87% The Strain: Season 1
79% You're the Worst: Season 1

Trick or Treat Reviews

November 22, 2011
If it was less based on "good movie" and more based on "musical genre poking fun at allegations" it would score higher
Cinema Division Inc.
October 26, 2011
This film is a must see for anyone into rock music and blue electricity special effects(trust me there is alot of it going on in this film). A rocker dies and his soul? is alive in his final record that is giving to his number one fan by Gene Simmons! who plays a dj in this flick - well needless to say this record was pressed in HELL! because when it is played all it breaks loose and by it i mean HELL! Marc'skippy'Price plays a metalhead who goes by the name Ragman(sounds more hobo then metal,but whatever)who is a huge fan of a rocker named Sammi Curr, he is such a big fan he writes him love notes of sorts describing his terrible life and how he thinks about ending it all sometimes - well after the Sammi Curr character dies Ragman goes crying to his pillow and plays his music loud and pumps his fists that are filled with tears and anger at the death of his idol. Sammi Curr comes back and starts letting the blue electricity fly,he tries to kill pretty much everyone at the Halloween dance but in the end he is destroyed but not before his hand is stuck in toilet water and he gets shocked. The film is fun and filled with 80's rock tunes most of which you will not know but there still fun to hear oh yea and Ozzy is in it as a man who preaches about devil music being bad - cool - with that i guess the moral of the story is: If you are a lonely loser rocker who writes about offing yourself - cheer up cause in the end you'll get the preppie girl who cares for you...for some reason?.?.
spiralrayonshorts
October 10, 2011
Remember the 80's sure you do shitty hait shitty mucic..shitty horror movies..this one has it all..Eddie played by Family Ties "Skippy" Marc Price is a picked on high schooler who just lost his favorite heavy metal idiol Sammie Curr played by "light in the loafers" Tony Fields..So he plays the last record Sammie recorded before his demise and what happens Eddie becomes possessed by Sammi and starts to inact revenge on the bullies..This is a bad movie but a bad movie that revels in it's awfulness..I can see how some people might enjoy this dreck but then some people enjoy shitty heavy metal music also.
Cory T

October 9, 2011
'Trick or Treat' is the prime example of a sleeper: a film that was overlooked upon its release and is actually a kitschy, supremely fun picture in its own right. I love the anti-glorification of the self-destructive rockstar lifestyle and how impressionable teenagers would become drawn to it. Despite their prominence on the box art, Simmons and Ozzy are only in crucial, tongue-in-cheek cameos. Price's angst is relatable and his seance of Sammi is a clever integration to vent his frustrations with the jocks and other cliques. For his directorial debut, Charles Martin Smith has forged an unsettling and rollicking occult thriller.
October 6, 2011
For people who enjoy heavy metal, comedy, some screams, and thrills, Trick or Treat is a must see. With appearences by Gene Simmon's and Ozzy Osbourne, not to mention the soundtrack, its no wonder this film has become a cult film.
March 28, 2011
A fun and entertaining rock and roll ride. Not the greatest horror movie ever, but it doesn't disappoint. Plus, Ozzy's respectable role as the Rev. Gilstrom is outrageously worth it!
March 26, 2011
This horror movie was my most favorite of all in this category. i give it a big thumb's up! I also bought the soundtrack to it by Fastway.
February 27, 2011
Totally cheesy but fun to watch.
AJ V

September 6, 2010
A horror movie where the spirit of a dead heavy metal star is haunting teens! I loved it, it's a fun awesome heavy metal horror movie.
December 21, 2010
If you want a fun, nonsensicalness, teenage, heavy metal movie then this is the movie for you. Worth the watch but wouldn't bother watching it again.
November 4, 2010
Lol, found this movie by accident. They say it's a cult classic. Remember the guy from "The Hogan's" tv series, and "Teen Win, Lose, or Draw? Well he's the main character in this funny comedy horror. Lol if you like 80's Metal this is a good one. Ozzy and Gene play funny roles in this one also. But it was rather b rated.
October 27, 2010
This is easily one of the best halloween-ish movies of all time. Highly recommend for anyone who loves the season!
October 23, 2010
Ah, special head-banging memories of the 80's. Nothing like it.
Horror Movie Project
October 22, 2010
While looking over the VHS section at my local Goodwill I happened upon this little number, Trick or Treat from 1986. The movie boasts that it stars Ozzy Osborne and Gene Simmons where in truth they are only in the film for like 5 minutes combined. The story is hilarious, it is definitely an 80's movie that captures the horribly terrific hair metal of the time. I would say that this movie was worth the 99 cents I paid for it. Pure eighty's trash in all of its glory.

The first thing that I noticed is that this movie is distributed by Lorimar home video, the same company that released such hits as Family Matters, ThunderCats, Full House, and yes... Hangin' with Mr. Cooper. That alone made this a must watch right off the bat. The story is about a devil worshiping dead rock star, Sammi Curr, who perishes in a hotel fire. His number one fan gets his hands on a rare demo that Curr made and actually summons the rock star back from the dead to do his bidding over the radio waves. A pretty stupid storyline and pretty forgettable movie.

The soundtrack is provided by Fastway, a go nowhere band from the eighties. Go look them up if you want too, I think their biggest hit was Say What You Will from 1983. The movie doesn't star Ozzy or the Demon, it stars Marc Price from Family Ties, Doug Savant, Alice Nunn, and Tommy Fields (A Chorus Line and Solid Gold dancer) as Sammi Curr.

The movie is full of unintentional comedy. If you are in the mood for a crappy eighties movie then I suggest that you pull up a seat and get ready to laugh at this one with some of your friends. The special effects in this movie are passable, it gets the job done. The movie is just so stupid that it really overshadows anything that would be a good remark about it.

I am going to give Trick or Treat a 1 of 10. The movie has a fun laughable quality to it and that is about it. There is nothing here that would ever make me want to watch this again. Like I said though it was worth the 99 cents to add to my VHS collection. Watch it with some of your friends before you watch something like Slumber Party Massacre, they're in about the same league.

RAGMAN!!!

S!D
meanguitar03
June 4, 2010
its been awhile but want to see it it again
May 18, 2010
This movie is so 80s, it should be restricted to VHS distrubtion. Amusingly bad.
Corey n

November 3, 2006
This is a decent horror movie from the 80's. About a a dead metal rocker that comes back to life when a teenager plays his record backwards. Yes this seems to be kind of cheesy. But cheesy in a good way. The metal rocker comes back but wrecks havoc on the town since he is just a demon. Your typical 80's horror. Some of the F/X is okay in this. The film even has Gene Simmons of Kiss fame in this. A movie for any metal fan of the 80's.
samanthaseaotter
January 27, 2010
What a weird piece of nonsense; I've got to see this. Charles Martin Smith?
January 26, 2010
Not that special of a film but . . it has a lot going for it. As a movie specifically combining horror and 80s metal, it is a perfect bullseye so anyone into those things has to see it. The movie doesn't really resonate a lot in the 2nd half especially. But it's a smart, very very 80s (not a bad thing) flick. Good acting and shooting make it respectable.

Plot-wise it's a little bit like Fight Club if you can believe that! Am I right?