• PG, 1 hr. 42 min.

The Trip to Bountiful Reviews

flixsterman
flixsterman

April 7, 2009
Geraldine Page is exquisite!
jjnxn
jjnxn

May 19, 2008
Geraldine Page proves why she was one of the preeminent actress of her time in this lovely, poignant film.
John B

May 14, 2014
An enjoyable story about an old bag who decides to leave her unrewarding life to go back to the town where she grew up. The main issue is the fact that the town may no longer exist. Sentimental but sweet.
dukefan86
September 25, 2010
Three cheers for Geraldine Page! I admired her character's spunk and determination in this movie, and I felt like I was watching my grandmother who passed away when I was 7--something about her mannerisms made me smile with fond memories.
jam233
January 21, 2010
Wonderfully acted, with Geraldine Page finally winning her Oscar, and she is terrific. Fine cast, Carlin Glynn scores in a supporting role. It's a bit of a downer, but there are uplifting moments along the way. The films cinematography is fine, it has a nice look to it.
Ida K

January 15, 2008
The wife was definitely a selfish shrew but the mother humming hymns all day would pluck my nerves, too!
chocmae
July 31, 2006
I'd put this in the category of The Notebook. Another fine expression of what it means to grow old. If you don't get it, you need to. :o/
March 30, 2013
Se não fosse pela a atuação de Geraldine Page, este longa se tornaria uma experiencia tediosa, com uma velha insuportável incapaz de calar a boca, mas a talentosa atriz, entrega uma atuação sensível, delicada e sofrida, e consegue conquistar o telespectador mesmo sem a ajuda do roteiro, fico feliz em ver que uma idosa atriz como ela, ainda é capaz de salvar um filme de um desastre.
July 16, 2011
I just loved this movie. It reminded me of my grandmother, who after more than a decade was finally able to go back home for a visit before she died.
October 30, 2010
Beautiful performance from the legendary Geraldine Page, who won her only Academy Award for her performance in this film.
Monsieur Rick
January 14, 2010
Paige won best actress at the Oscars for this nice film. What's scary is the plot as we may all have to go through her experiences as we get older. Living with your sister in law is hell on earth for Paige, so she repeatedly yearns to return to her home in the now near deserted town of Bountiful
somewhere in the US deep south.

The time period is set in the 40's it appears, from the clothes and cars driven. The farm house she raised her kids in 20 years ago (why 20? that is not that long of a time) meant so much to her. Now she simply says when asked about her relations, "they're all dead".

Paige is just as uplifting and girlish as she was in Dear Heart with Glenn Ford, another classic comedy drama worth seeing more than once. Rated PG, you just don't see these types of film much anymore as moviegoers seem to prefer sci-fi action thrillers these days.
kanepayton
April 7, 2008
A brilliant film. Geraldine Page is absolutely wonderful and was absolutely deserving of the 1985 Oscar for Best Actress for this performance.
jazza923