Truman Reviews

October 23, 2014
A nice dramatization of the 33rd President of the United States. No wonder it earned several awards and nominations. It's even based on a book of the same name that won the 1993 Pulitzer Prize for "Biography or Autobiography."
January 11, 2013
A first class production covering the life of President Truman. I enjoyed learning more about this President and the rare insights into the political process and history of the US. Sinise was the perfect choice and I was glad to have seen him in such a great role.
½ September 30, 2012
Gary Sinise gives a terrific performance.
½ May 6, 2012
Truman succeeds at being a comprehensive, well acted, informative, and generally well written biopic. Undoubtedly the portrayal of Truman was too charitable, but the level of humanity that Gary Sinise was able to inject really carried the film throughout. I would have liked to see the more aggressive side of Truman, and some of his internal political battles with his own party, but for its running time, Truman manages to cover a lot of ground, and does so in a largely effective way.

3.5/5 Stars
June 16, 2011
A fine docu-drama that brought history alive with a screen-fitting story. It prompted me to read and seek out more. Something, though -- I'm not quite sure what -- stopped short of enthralling me as these political dramas sometimes do. So 4 stars for me.
May 17, 2010
The story of one of America's greatest presidents. If you have not seen this movie I suggest you do, it will open your eyes to all the decisions that Harry S. Truman had to make and all the challenges he faced. Gary Sinise did an amazing job in protraying the feeling and frustrations and sorrows of being the president during world war two.
½ November 21, 2009
Good and Interesting, weird acting, but not bad
FiLmCrAzY
April 29, 2009
again i have this on dvd and i will get round to watching it
½ January 6, 2008
Anyone who concentrates on this movie will come away with a new respect for President Truman. Gary Sinise was brilliant, no one else could have played this part any better.