American Horror Story: Coven Teaser Trailers, Opening Credits and More

We've been geeking out over the teaser trailers for American Horror Story's third season, Coven, with its focus on witchcraft. "Initiation" and "Stakes" are our favorites so far, while "Slither" has some of us slightly disturbed. Check out the videos below for a compilation of the teaser trailers, the main credits, and a short promo that reveals a little bit of Coven's story, and let us know which one is your favorite.

This season, we're hoping for some previous elements to be incorporated more. Will it be spooky? Scary? Will there be a romantic element? We are also looking forward to watching three powerhouse actresses (Kathy Bates, Angela Bassett, and Jessica Lange) throw down in an epic witch battle. Who would win? What kind of powers will they have? Who is good and who is evil? We know your questions are floating in the cauldron. What are you looking forward to about this season?

Don't forget to tune in to the season premiere of American Horror Story: Coven on Wednesday October 9th, at 10pm on FX.

Teaser Trailer Playlist:

Preview - "Burn":

Opening Credits:

Comments

Kerr Lordygan

Kerr Lordygan

I'm a little bit obsessed with the albino minotaur splayed on the floor in "Initiation." That's my fave so far.

Sep 27 - 10:36 AM

This comment has been removed.

Spencer Hudson

Spencer Hudson

Witchcraft is older than Christianity... you nut. Its only been associated with the Devil since the rise of the Catholic Church. Way to spread the dogma.

Sep 28 - 02:38 AM

Joshua Henderson

Spencer did Gordon say anything about Christianity? Yes witchcraft has been around longer than Christianity. Jews believed the same thing that Christians do though. The Torah proves that.

Sep 28 - 02:06 PM

Joshua Henderson

I ain't defending it. I am not a fan of the Catholic religion any way. Just assuming that Christianity is the only religion that has dogma is false though.

Sep 30 - 01:26 PM

Joshua Henderson

Christians still believe that witchcraft is demonic. That hasn't changed evn now. The point is they have matured past persecution in that matter though.. The same with how Jews treated Christians.

Sep 30 - 01:51 PM

Joshua Henderson

Btw I am the one that flag spammed my first comment by accident.

Sep 30 - 01:28 PM

Carl Brengesjö

Carl Brengesjö

Well, Witchcraft might be the most horrific horror to you but it's definitely no more real than any other supernatural depictions in culture, including Harry Potter. There is no ambiguity, it's fantasy

Sep 28 - 04:19 AM

Tamatha Patterson

Tamatha Patterson

Yet another moron who feels they must comment negatively on every thread that mentions Christianity. Get a life.

Sep 30 - 12:39 PM

Joshua Henderson

I am confused. He didn't sound very negative to me and hardly anybody else sounded that way either.

Sep 30 - 01:32 PM

Andy Brooks

Andy Brooks

Hey Gordon, BOO!!!

Oct 2 - 08:39 PM

24hour t.

24hour tourist

I'm an ardent fan of this anthology series - While the first season had to get its footing and definitely had some weak moments, by season two they were really on to something. All the teasers seem to suggest a more polished, yet rather expressionist third run with this. Obviously witchcraft, particularly in the South, is fertile ground. I just hope they stay grounded in believable characters because otherwise this could degenerate quickly into a FX extravaganza, nothing more.

Sep 27 - 01:24 PM

Spencer Hudson

Spencer Hudson

Sep 28 - 02:38 AM

Sep 28 - 02:06 PM

Sep 30 - 01:26 PM

Sep 30 - 01:51 PM

Joshua Henderson

Btw I am the one that flag spammed my first comment by accident.

Sep 30 - 01:28 PM

Carl Brengesjö

Carl Brengesjö

Sep 28 - 04:19 AM

Tamatha Patterson

Tamatha Patterson

Sep 30 - 12:39 PM

Sep 30 - 01:32 PM

cfergojr

Christopher Fergo

You've got to give AHS credit for their teasers. Whether you like the show or not, their trailers and advertising are very unique.

Sep 28 - 08:09 AM

Sep 28 - 02:06 PM

Sep 30 - 01:26 PM

Sep 30 - 01:51 PM

Tory Lee

Tory Lee

After Breaking Bad is over, this and Homeland are the best shows on TV.

Sep 28 - 07:39 PM

Greg Kootstra

Greg Kootstra

You and I have exactly the same taste in TV. I'd throw The Walking Dead in next followed by Shameless.

Sep 29 - 01:11 AM

Tory Lee

Tory Lee

Almost agreed... but I had some issues with Season 3 of Walking Dead. A lot of issues in fact, but Season 2 was definitely amazing.

Sep 29 - 03:13 PM

Mac Moon

Mac Moon

The writers of Shameless have Down Syndrome. Hell on Wheels, Eastbound and Down, Boardwalk Empire have my attention right now.

Oct 2 - 01:58 PM

Facebook User

Facebook User

looks great, love the main title intro too! so creepy!

Sep 28 - 09:32 PM

Greg Kootstra

Greg Kootstra

Sep 29 - 01:11 AM

Tory Lee

Tory Lee

Sep 29 - 03:13 PM

Mac Moon

Mac Moon

Oct 2 - 01:58 PM

Tory Lee

Tory Lee

Sep 29 - 03:13 PM

This comment has been removed.

James Curtis

James Curtis

I'm not sure that the series creators attempted to "pass it off" as a miniseries; in fact, my understanding was that the award committee itself was the one who shoe-horned the show into that category.

Oct 1 - 12:35 PM

This comment has been removed.

SionnachOghma

Padraig Fagan

Rebooting the show every season is a genius move, especially in a Ryan Murphy show. He has a lot of great ideas, but can't maintain continuity to save his life...

Oct 3 - 07:15 AM

Tamatha Patterson

Tamatha Patterson

Sep 30 - 12:39 PM

Sep 30 - 01:32 PM

Sep 30 - 01:26 PM

Joshua Henderson

Btw I am the one that flag spammed my first comment by accident.

Sep 30 - 01:28 PM

Movies for Tax Day
Movies for Tax Day

Your tax dollars at work, in movies.

Picture gallery of movie bears

Summer Movies