63% The Maze Runner Sep 19

87% The Strain: Season 1
79% You're the Worst: Season 1

Twice Upon a Yesterday Reviews

November 17, 2013
Groundhog Day meets Freaky Friday... Don't bother with this one.
January 25, 2013
I accidentely found this film on tv when I couldn't sleep one night, i was splitting up from my husband after 23 years, it said so much to me and because i didn't know what it was called, I have been looking for it ever since, there is a wonderful line from it, "the light changed" which is a wonderful way of describing the moment you fall out of love with somebody, a great film, in the right circumstances
favourlove121
October 18, 2012
hello
My name is Miss.Favour bobby, I saw your profile at site and love it. I saw that you and I share allot in common, then I decided to contact you so that we can get to know each other better, then I can send you my picture.I know that there is a reason God has brought you and I together, I will love you to reply this mail here
(favour_bobby @ y a h o o (.com) and tell me about your self.I will look forward to reading your mail soonest.Yours Sincerely,Favour(favour_bobby @ y a h o o (.com)
October 17, 2012
Touching romance about fate and second chances, with two magical garbage men thrown in.
November 12, 2011
On mistakes people are prone to make in romantic relations when you want to love and you think you're in love, but you aren't. The film is a lyrical fantasy about a guy who happens to cheat on his girlfriend. She runs away with another, still, he insists that they are meant for each other. The only thing that eventually helps him find out he's wrong is when miraculously he lives through the same situation in his girlfriend's shoes. Nice, but childish.
Cynthia S

March 29, 2011
Though the start of the movie was a little slow, by the end I was invested in the characters. I really liked the changing twists of fate...the plot starts like so many others but has a wonderful twist of its own that I had not yet seen done. Wonderful! Great acting, great filming and editing, and great locations. I really liked it...especially nice ending. Chick flick? Probably...
August 7, 2009
only know what important the who do you love,when you lose him.
June 20, 2009
This is the most personally revolting piece of film I have ever forced myself to sit through. Honestly, it was so not me that I was physically gagging, and ended with a headache even though I watched it in three or four sittings (my highest MCT with a fan of the film is 54, which I think is already too high.)

The reason why I wanted to see it in the first place was the time travel element and the presence of Lena Headey, who in my mind was associated with the "Sarah Connor Chronicles", a series whose short first season I really enjoyed (though her ain't-I-cute faces reminded me that I did dislike her once in the series, when she went through the same kind of routine to seduce a man.)

But my God, this was awful, painfully awful, a bit like being condemned to read nothing but women's magazines for the rest of your life. "Twice Upon a Yesteryear" is the kind of film where unattached twenty-somethings have promiscuous sex with each other, get drunk, have epiphanies in bars, smoke, cheat on each other, and philosophise with their best mate about the foibles of the other sex and the difficulties of modern relationships. Bleh.

What can I say about a film where the lead female character tells her lover she can't see him because her boyfriend "has just turned up with two tickets for Radiohead and they're my favorite band and I couldn't just say no"? What can I say about a film where "Do you want to get drunk?" is supposed to be a funny line, and where the passing of time is shown by a montage over a slow song that says "all I ever wanted was lu-uuu-uu-uv aa-aargh"? In fact, if you had a machine that could turn pop songs into films (a transpopmutator), the result would probably be this. (Coincidentally, I have just learned that writer Russo is also a songwriter, and that this film is autobiographical, which makes it even worse for me.)

The only thing I could remotely relate to was the time travel scene, especially the fact that it involved a "Don Miguel" who was probably no other than Cervantes, as suggested by a brief reference to a "Dulcinea" and a quote from him later in the film which says "Don't look for this year's birds in last year's nest."

I also hated the strong language and the zouk and reggae soundtrack (now I know an atrocious song probably entitled "Follow the leader", thank you very much!) But the ending was not too bad, and the emotion not spoilt by some trashy reggae song (that only comes two seconds later, with the end titles.)

I just hope the memory of this film will not spoil season 2 of the "Sarah Connor Chronicles" for me (fortunately, my crush is on Summer Glau.)
FiLmCrAzY
FiLmCrAzY

April 22, 2009
i know this as 'if only' but still doesnt make it any better.... its ok i guess but pretty boring not much of a storyline and a bit unbelievable
vic40186
December 19, 2008
:rotten: [b][i]Twice upon a Yesterday is an awful romantic picture that tries to innovate with a twisted and weird script, but it actually presents a bad screenplay with even worse performances and direction. The film is short in lenght but absurd and boring in content. The movie doesn't get a "0" rate because of Penelope Cruz, who without playing a masterly written character, at least is the only charismatic actress of the cast.[/i][/b]
July 17, 2008
Surreal if I remember it right. Was a while ago I saw it
nicolefc
September 30, 2007
I loved it. It was so good.
May 28, 2007
Execellent film... Very underestimated. A great story about unrequited lovers. Beautiful, subtle and thought provoking
Stasia4569
November 19, 2006
this movie was sad and penelopie Cruz was really pretty!!!!
misterprofessional
July 14, 2006
No need to see it twice.