Critic Review - Richard Roeper.com

This is a well-made film, though sometimes unintentionally funny.

November 18, 2011 Full Review Source: Richard Roeper.com | Comments (28)
Richard Roeper.com
Top Critic IconTop Critic

Comments

tabascoman77

Matt Perri

It ain't "well-made" if it's "unintentionally funny", Robert. *Sigh*

Nov 19 - 06:32 PM

Myron

Myron Kinsey

its Roeper

Nov 21 - 12:12 AM

Matt Perri

Matt Perri

Richard, actually, but whatever.

Nov 22 - 06:12 PM

Adam Henry

Adam Henry

2012
period

Dec 10 - 01:27 AM

Will Truslow

Will Truslow

I think he means that the filmmakers knew what they were doing but the bad acting made some moments unintentionally funny

Nov 20 - 07:28 AM

Dave M.

Dave Mart

Mmmh... I wonder why such a great critic would review this crap. I respect him you know, although I lost all credibility to him after he gave an A+ to the preposterous Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.

Nov 20 - 05:16 PM

DrainBamaged84

Molly Fontera

And you think this load of hogwash is better or even comparable to Harry Potter... Lmao.

Nov 21 - 10:15 AM

Andrew Hess

Andrew Hess

Work on your reading comprehension. He said this movie was crap. He also said that Harry Potter didn't deserve and A+. That's not equating the two.

Nov 22 - 02:11 PM

Jon J.

Jon Johannesson

I don't see how him giving that score to one of the year's best movies is preposterous.

Nov 24 - 04:05 PM

Will T.

Will Tenzel

Trollololol

Nov 29 - 10:24 AM

Wayne C.

Wayne Cronin

WOW, this coming from the guy who likes the Star Wars Prequels

Dec 27 - 04:24 AM

Shane Payne

Shane Payne

Big money grab for producers living off Twilight name from the pass series.

Basically too long and slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did I mention slow? Intensely slow. Two hours was not needed to create this lackluster shallow movie.

Here is the movie in a nutshell: *****SPOILER ALERT***** Marriage and banging=50% pregnancy=45% and 5% action (yea you wait for what feels like 1hr into the movie for anything exciting to happen). Yep that was whole story line.

Luckily I got the tickets for free or I would have feel more disappointed paying to see this crap.

By the way I thought the other series were actually good and disagree with the critics in the past; however, I think the critics are right on this one.

Nov 20 - 07:16 PM

You need an editor

Jonathan Hart

Kristen Stewart's GIGANTIC forehead is unintentionally funny.

Nov 20 - 11:35 PM

DrainBamaged84

Molly Fontera

Or the fact she has her mouth open/jaw dropped more than an alligator. LOL

Nov 22 - 01:54 PM

Allwell-Brown Sotonye

Allwell-Brown Sotonye

This movie sucked balls. Shouldn't have split the book into two movies. The movie really lacked dialogue. How did they spend $110million on that rubbish? Wedding, pregnancy, bad pregnancy & small fight.

Nov 21 - 10:08 AM

David Tanny

David Tanny

"The movie really lacked dialogue"-Thank God.

Nov 21 - 01:42 PM

Vinh Khang

Vinh Khang

Why would a well-made film get a rotten review Richard? I just don't get it even though I don't like the series or the cast either.

Nov 21 - 01:02 PM

David Tanny

David Tanny

Alexander is technically a well-made movie. But it still manages to suck.

Nov 21 - 01:43 PM

Facebook User

Facebook User

Plot > Acting > Cinematography > Score

Dec 16 - 11:47 PM

Becky Bennett

Becky Bennett

Actually, I think the humor was intentional.

Nov 21 - 09:44 PM

John Friedstein

John Friedstein

Attended this film b/c my niece wanted to see it. I thought I was watching an SNL skit! I was looking around the theatre & wondering, am I missing something & are these people really enjoying this sh.t! No in-depth storyline, horrendous acting, sterile characters, pretentious, etc. I could go on & on. How did this movie make as much money as it did world wide. I don't get it. Not a great reflection on the intelligence,wittiness, or depth of our youth!

Dec 1 - 09:24 PM

Hector Gonzalez

Hector Gonzalez

yes john, this dumb people who have a terrible lack of personality and originality are what we call "teens" sadly... i am one myself

Dec 6 - 07:50 AM

SGRated

Sofia Grebenkina

Yeah, like at the part:
"What do you want to call our daughter?"
"I thought, since our moms were called Renee and Esme... we'd call her Reneesme!"

Dec 19 - 03:15 PM

Movies That Motivate

Rebecca Webster

I‚??ve seen all the Twilight movies and have enjoyed them thoroughly. Sometimes sequels take the original story in a totally different direction that interferes with the natural flow of the story, but this did not. It was as if it was the day after the ‚??the eclipse sequel‚??. This movie did seem to take a little too long before the action got started. After all, I am an action movie lover. But that maybe because lingered on the love scenes a little longer than I would have liked. The wedding was just breathtaking. I wish I could have afforded such lavish honeymoon when I got married years ago. But once the action started‚?¶it didn‚??t stop. Which I really loved! And when the movie was at its best it was over. I can‚??t wait to watch the last sequel. I would even pay someone to get my hands on an exclusive copy. I rate this movie‚?¶.A MUST SEE! www.moviesthatmotivate.com

Jan 14 - 08:01 AM

Gabriele Cookstown

Gabriele Cookstown

overall I feel sorry for the Actors who had to work with the verbal Vomit of Rosenzwerg and Meyer

Feb 8 - 11:11 AM

Thomas Budden

Thomas Budden

movies like these and the sheeple that flock to them make me think society is doomed

Mar 23 - 03:54 PM

Lisa Figueroa Turner

Lisa Figueroa Turner

The most unintentionally funny movie of the year and that's not a good thing

Jun 25 - 07:46 AM

Kathy McConologue Lupo

Kathy McConologue Lupo

This was by far the most torturous experience of 2011 and maybe even the entire franchise. Fuck Stephanie Meyer, that no talent whore.

Oct 26 - 09:26 PM