Critic Review - New York Observer

I am not ashamed to admit that I will be the first in line for Twilight part three.

December 7, 2009 Full Review Source: New York Observer | Comments (26)
New York Observer
Top Critic IconTop Critic

Comments

Christopher W.

Christopher Wozney

Why do you want to see the third one? Do you need a good nap? Worst movie ever made. Ever!!!!

Dec 14 - 11:38 AM

Blockbuster Diva

Blockbuster Diva

The third one is the best book. I'm sure it will be a lot better. Great Review.

Dec 21 - 08:32 AM

carter b.

carter bloomfield

WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU YOU RETARD BLOCKBUSTER YOUR AN IDIOT

Jan 13 - 10:18 AM

Rei M.

Rei Mi

I also will be in line for part three...and I have to admit that I am secretly praying that it will be MUCH MUCH better then New Moon. I don't understand why Summit would pull Catherine Hardwicke when she did an amazing job at capturing the underlying feeling of the first book and decided on Chris Weitz. First of all these books are for girls and women...I don't care who you are or where you live, there is no way around that fact. Sure more movie goers are young male but there is no amount of CG magic that will ever change the fact that these in essence are CHICK FLICKS. It's like telling your husband to explain a period to your daughter! They just don't get it. He entire massacred it, we're talking butchered...what little direction you can see from the film and the tone of the movie- it's all wrong! The sound track, the angles, even the should be there emotions seem to the be from the guys guide of misunderstanding women's feelings. He was one step away from just inserting emote sad faces over the actors and making the entire film around wolves.

May 3 - 11:08 AM

madison l.

madison lucas

I was also a little dissapointed with New Moon.It was a very good movie dont get me wrong,but it did not feel as if it captured the twilight essence that the previous director Catherine Hardwicke was able to so greatly achieve.

Jul 2 - 11:29 AM

Frost

Max Ashby

you should be

BONG!!!!

Dec 25 - 10:22 PM

Aidan S.

Aidan Secret

Be ashamed, Ms. Vilkomerson. Be very ashamed.

Dec 27 - 07:48 PM

carter b.

carter bloomfield

Agreed

Jan 13 - 10:19 AM

Ubie1

Laurel Uberoi

Me either- I actually loved it!

Jan 15 - 02:19 AM

Tony E.

Tony Eisner

You should be ashamed, very ashamed.

Jan 21 - 08:54 PM

Cass C.

Cass Cullen

I'm gonna be right there with you

Jan 24 - 04:51 AM

carter b.

carter bloomfield

dumbass

Jan 13 - 10:19 AM

N p.

N p

Me Either. Personally I liked Twilight better than New Moon. But this was an adventure surely. I totally like the books better than the movies, so take it from me, If anyone hasn't read them, give them a try. Appreciation, Guaranteed!

Jan 31 - 10:55 AM

Lord Naseby

Lord Naseby

I am sad now. you should be ashamed. unless of course you are one of those people who gos to bad movies just to laugh at them. this whole series is a razzie fest.

Feb 12 - 11:10 AM

Destry C.

Destry Celestine

Hey hey hey people, don't dog on her just because she wants to see it. I saw it recently with my GF and it wasnt all that great, but if some people like it that's them, not you. There are more opinions out there. even if it is bad. lol

Feb 22 - 09:06 AM

girly g.

girly girl

totally agree

Mar 28 - 12:14 PM

Jim937

James Horvath

Hi Sara Vilkomerson,

I will be right behind you on line for part 3, and 4 & 5 since book #4 is split in two parts. I enjoyed New moon & I'm sure I will enjoy the rest of the story, btw I did not read the books. I'm looking foward to the DVD Box set "Directors Cut" !!!

Mar 9 - 09:20 PM

ZenFan

Dylan Hair

You will be first in line... behind me that is. Still haven't read the books yet but have greatly enjoyed both movies so far. For me they have plenty of rewatch value. Can't wait for Eclipse

Apr 29 - 11:31 PM

Rei M.

Rei Mi

May 3 - 11:07 AM

The Stunner

Tiago Paulo

i'm not going to be the first in line, but i'll definitely watch the third one. after watching "new moon" some sort of respect for the series grew on me.

May 7 - 07:41 PM

neal j.

neal johnson

Okay lady, there's a difference between liking a movie and saying it's a good movie.

If you choose to like a movie, that's fine. Anyone can like whatever movie they want.

But, if you choose to go on a serious movie review website where people go to help generate their opinion based on professional, well thought-out opinions and say that a genuinely bad movie is good, that's just not being smart.

Jun 4 - 04:43 AM

Erikka M.

Erikka McNealy

Me either...and she better marry my boy Edward :)

Jun 4 - 06:40 AM

Jack S.

Jack Sorrentino

You might not be ashamed but you should be embarrassed.

Jun 15 - 09:20 PM

ebay21 s.

ebay21 shopping

welcome to ::( h t t p : / / w ww . e b ay 2 1 . c om / )
(b..r..a..n..d.)s.h.o.e.s.(34u.s.d),,

==J. a .m .e )) shoes

< j o r d a n> (1-24) shoes

< j o r d a n> 2010 shoes

c.l.o.t.h.i.n.g,,j.e.a.n,,h.a.n.d.b.a.g(35u.s.d),,

==c .o. a .c .h )) handbag

(f.r.e.e)s.h.i.p.p.i.n.g

( h t t p : / / w ww . e b ay 2 1 . c om / )

Aug 24 - 03:14 AM

Landon M.

Landon Mane

OH NO! Stop it! Stop it! I can't take these cheap acting and plots any longer!

Mar 30 - 01:43 AM

Leslie L.

Leslie Landers

You should be. You should be very very ashamed, Sara Vilkomerson.

Jul 17 - 01:08 AM