97% Ghostbusters Aug 29

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Twisted Reviews

Nicki M

January 22, 2008
Very average thriller with who cares ending. I gave it an extra star for Ashley, as I always think she is quite good. Story here is just a bit flat and surprisingly dull.
Thomas J

August 30, 2010
Who done it? Typical in you know there is "twist" coming, but still enjoyable. Something felt very 1990s about the whole movie.
Lewis C

November 23, 2008
Twisted is your typical thriller that has a obligatory, game-changing twist at the end. Ashley Judd is as gorgeous as always, while Garcia and Jackson phone-in performances that really don't require a lot of effort from them.

There's nothing new here, and the "why" of the murders wasn't really explained to my satisfaction, but whatever. You know if you like these kinds of movies or not, and if you you do, then Twisted is worth watching on TV (or picking up at the store for $5, like I did).
Luke B

September 16, 2008
A film with a lot of talent which can't get over a very bad script. First of all it throws out some excellent ideas of how everyone is a killer, it's just about control, but soon gets swept away with "could it be him?" crapness. Constantly it sheds a shadow over characters, all except one. Could this one person be the killer? You decide. The performances are great, especially Strathairn and Garcia but they have no other purpose than to be suspects in a film more focussed on giving a "never see it coming twist" than a logical conclusion. Some laughable dream sequences round out this poor attempt at psychological horror.
Julie B

February 13, 2008
This featured some of the most spectacularly bad acting I've seen in quite some time.
deano
deano

April 29, 2007
This ridiculous thriller, with a "mystery" that's obvious from the start, sullies the reputations of its talented director and cast.
Curt C

April 27, 2006
About as pedestrian as they come.
bamadeb77
bamadeb77

August 29, 2010
I enjoyed this because I got to watch for free from netflix. Ashley Judd can do better...this movie was lame
Sunil J

April 28, 2008
Ashley Judd got way too stuck in the thriller genre with this movie.
DrStrangeblog
DrStrangeblog

March 3, 2009
Not awful, just awfully stupid.
May 12, 2012
It wasn't the worst thriller movie, but it was very weak and the plot was poor. The acting was not convincing at all.
January 29, 2012
A flick full of twists does not make a great film. You could see the ground work being laid for all the major plot twists a mile away. Garcia's over acting and screaming does not change that.
iamthethinman
December 21, 2010
I remember watching this movie years ago because it was filmed in SF and I was hanging around the embarcadero when they were filming one time, and I couldn't make it all the way through. It was like, "this is about as dumb of a set-up...hey, it's that bar in North Beach. Damn, is this what this movie is going to keep doing?"

Well, years later, I decided to finish it when I realized I never bothered to find out the end of the mystery. But that's how bad this movie was, I didn't care about how it ended. Well, I confirmed that it sucked. Not even great to see the city. Only funny because Jacob and the Man in Black both star in this before their Lost life.
spahz
September 14, 2010
Great movie. My aunt was in this too funny enough. The cop that trains her in the park. That's my aunt. As always Ashley Judd has a great performance along side Sam Jackson!!
terris85017
terris85017

February 14, 2010
(2004 Director: Philip Kaufman) Intense suspense thriller starring the lovely Ashley Judd, Andy Garcia, Bill Duke, Samuel L. Jackson, to name a few.

Must see! Lots of eye candy and terrific suspense, if a bit of a slutty yet feminist role for Judd. Right on!
March 1, 2009
Recommend. A good psychological thriller/crime drama. It's a perfect choice for a rainy or winter afternoon, curled up in a blanket, all the while snacking on some fresh popcorn. If your an Ashley Judd, Andy Garcia, or Samuel L. Jackson fan, it's a must have or watch. Although, it's not any of their best work, it's certainly not their worst.
Cknee23
February 11, 2009
I've tried to avoid the Ashley judd/Samuel L Jackson movies but when it's the only thing on the airplane...I was pleasantly surprised, even watched it twice!
godsend311
December 16, 2008
This detective thriller stars Ashley Judd, Samuel Jackson and Andy Garcia as they track down a serial killer.
sonyablue74
March 31, 2007
this was the first time I saw Sam Jackson as anything but a basically "good" guy...not just a good man in a bad place
umdcorsair
March 24, 2007
Good while you watch it, but the movie could've been so much better I was disappointed afterward. Good performance by Ashley Judd though