14% Transcendence Apr 18

January 24, 2014
Friday, January 24, 2014

(1976) Two- Minute Warning
SUSPENSE THRILLER

Plot less movie taken from the George LaFountaine novel centering on a sniper who has just shot and killed a person from a window for no reason while this guy was riding his bicycle with his wife. He then blatantly leaves the hotel as if nothing had ever happened setting his eyes on the 'Super Bowl'. Viewers never get to see the sniper's face as we see what he sees as he already has a place in mind. We're then introduced to some new characters who have nothing to do with the sniper or anything else for that matter as they're just regular people with regular problems. They include love lornes, a gambler, and a family doing typical things. Oh, yeah, Charlton Heston is the police sergent in charge of bringing down the sniper. And some other recognizable actors also star in this film as well such as Beau Bridges, John Cassavetes, Martin Balsam and acting veteran Walter Pigeon as they're also playing parts that don't seem to go anywhere either.

I must admit I actually dozed off at the first 30 minutes and things don't pick up until the last 40 minutes or so, because of the SWAT tactics and so forth. The ending was a real bummer since viewers never get to understand the sniper's motivations for this entire set up may have been inspired by the JFK assassination or from Bogdanvich's 1968 movie "Target".

1 star out of 4 stars
peter w.
July 13, 2012
3/4

This is a diffrent kind of thriller. And you also know who is going to get killed by the end. You wonder why there is a sniper at a football game, and you ask that question muitable times, but for so reason, I liked it, because you dont know why he's there. Its a weird film.
September 28, 2011
horrible waste of time!
i sit through, and can enjoy most any film, but this truly is one of the instances i think "i'm not going to get that 2.5 hrs back"!
August 3, 2011
Good film. Kept me on the edge, but its alittle to long and by the time the first hour is done you are like "why has he not shot anyone yet"
Jesper J.
August 1, 2011
Thrilling until the end. Great panic scene.
moviebuff18cab
June 3, 2007
TWO MINUTE WARNING (1976)
November 9, 2010
I enjoyed myself working on it as an actor. I played the part of Carl Cook, alias 'The Sniper'
Luc L.
October 25, 2010
It has some chilling moments.
An enjoyable film.
jazza923
November 3, 2006
I liked this better than when I saw it at the theater in 1976. This is a pretty good thriller, suspenseful. The personal dramatics are distracting though. It's longer than it needed to be, the acting is okay, but Charleton Heston totally sucks as an actor and he stinks in this, as he always does. I just cringe at the though this moron actually won an Oscar