U2 - Rattle and Hum Reviews

April 16, 2007
With a movie such as Rattle and Hum, it's geared toward fans of the band. I don't think it's going to rope in any new fans and I haven't seen it in years, but back in 88 it was awesome.
½ April 6, 2009
Im not much on concert films, I would rather see the band live and in person. that being said this movie was pretty good. My suggestion for this one is to have a nice surround sound available and crank it up!
iLeo
January 3, 2008
Love it!! The greatest musical group ever!
½ June 26, 2008
For 1988, the cinematography is amazingly good. I could've sworn it was in HD, but it was SD on an HD TV. Not to mention that the music is great, I mean, it is U2.
July 30, 2007
This film was made at the culmination of their first big push to be The Biggest Rock Band in the World. Never underestimate a determined Irishman. LOL I haven't seen a great many "concert films" but I was quite impressed wtih this one. There was a good balance of music and commentary and I like that they kept the interview and backstage stuff real. It was a fresh view of the band that we usually only see polished in videos or on stage.

I think the thing that stood out most for me was when they were rehearsing with BB King. Even though they were "The Biggest Rock Band in the World", they still showed proper deference for one of the great forerunners of American Music. Don't worry about it, Edge will play the chords. Luvs ya, Bono.
½ July 18, 2007
Ok so it's not the most revealing film documentary in the world, it still manages to be well worth your time because of the incredible musical performances.
May 31, 2007
Kick-ass rockumentary of my heroes on the 1987 Joshua Tree Tour. Tends to convert a lot of people who don't "get" U2.
May 26, 2007
Perhaps the greatest band ever...This was a great rockumentary/ concert film..they are even better LIVE!!!!
½ May 24, 2007
A good concert film. U2 shows why they are the supergroup they are. The performances with BB King are especially cool.
May 23, 2007
Actually saw this one in the theater back in the 80's. Good film that chronicles the Joshua Tree era.
April 3, 2007
Still, for my money, judging strictly from a movie point of view, and not from personal music taste, this is the best concert film I've ever seen. Plus, having seen U2 perform live many times, I think the versions of "Without or without you", "Bad", "Where the streets have no name" and "Sunday Bloody Sunday" in this movie are the best you'll ever hear. If you get a chance to pick this up on blu-ray it's worth every penny. I've seen this movie hundreds of times, and I was seeing and hearing things I never have before.
½ March 20, 2007
Worth seeing for the opening sequence with The Edge singing Van Dieman's Land and it's a really good film, if you like the U2s you'll love it, and if you don't, hey at least you heard The Edge sing in Sean Nos style.
½ February 26, 2007
Probably one of my fave. rock movies and documentaries around and will be ever. Besides the fact that U2 is one of my all-time fave. bands and has been since I've been 15 and I'm now 43, this movie captures why so many people love them. They pour out their giving spirits, their quirky Irish humor, their integrity and how they've struggled to maintain it all these years together and they're simple love of what they do best, their music, even this is definitely not a new movie! The friends that show up just add the gold dust that makes them shine all that much brighter. For U2 fans definitely but also for anyone who loves music a definite!
½ January 8, 2007
Good for the music and the manner in which it was shot. Never became "Spinal Tap" ish in them seeming like buffons.
October 7, 2006
Saw this in the theatres when it came out and I was in the depths of my love of U2's music. Nice concert film but not earth-shaking.
½ August 15, 2006
"if I had a head like yours I'd bleedin' bury it!" I love this film. doesn't get the 5 because it needed more Larry though XD
June 18, 2006
How can I not rate this 5 stars? Rattle & Hum gives an all access pass on the making of the album and life on road for the greatest band.
½ June 15, 2006
Great concert/docu film. I love the back stage material and u2's version of Helter Skelter is a great way to kick off the DVD