• R, 1 hr. 36 min.

79% You're the Worst: Season 1

The Ugly Truth Reviews

Nicki M

January 8, 2009
This was so funny. First ten minutes or so didn't think it was going to be very good, but then it really picks up. Good chick flick . Couldn't stop laughing at a few of the bits in this. Didn't really like Gerard Butler, but I could overlook that.
UUd I

January 17, 2012
The Ugly Truth has all the honesty and romance of an Axe body spray commercial.
Wildaly M

July 26, 2009
Not that funny at all, formulaic, and unlikely. All the sexist, raunchy jokes are just not that funny and while these actors can act, they're just given crap to work with.
Anthony L

February 15, 2012
The Ugly Truth is definitely ugly but not exactly truthful. It's badly written, badly acted and has no redeeming features as far as I could tell. It's labelled a rom-com but it was totally devoid of any Romance or comedy, it couldn't even get the stereotypes right. The real ugly truth is that this kind of crap gets green-lit by the studios quite regularly and the moronic public lap it up - that said, these films are quite cheap to make and they will always make profit because a) A certain percentage of people will go to the cinema of a weekend no matter what is playing, b) It reels people in with false advertising c) The viewing public can be just as lazy as the film makers and will happily be spoon fed garbage. It's not alone, there are countless other films given the quite insulting label of 'chick flick' just like this but, credit where credit is due - this is definitely one of the worst. Not the valentines film I was hoping for!
Red L

July 11, 2010
Pretty good comedy. Mike is a beer-drinking, woman-chasing loudmouth who has a part on Abby's morning show as the guy who spills the ugly truth on the relationship between men and women. Abby gets some help from Mike to help her attract a neighbour as a date, and of course, Mike finds out there is more the Abby than he first thought.
TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

December 14, 2011
The Ugly Truth is an atrocious mess from start to finish. There are maybe two actually funny bits, but that's it. The rest of the film is a poorly constructed film with a mediocre cast that delivers forgettable performances. I always felt that Gerard Butler was better in action films, and was always awful in romantic comedies. Katherine Heigl is a terrible actress, and she continues the trend of bad acting with this poor excuse of a comedy. The Ugly Truth is a mess from start to finish with minimal to no laughs. Director Robert Luketic can't craft a consistent comedy that will engage you. The jokes fall flat and are dull. The film suffers from every possible romantic comedy cliché there is, and with that in mind, you know the film is very predictable. The Ugly Truth is more a miss than a hit, and the scripts constraints shows that throughout the film. There is no way that this film could have been a great comedy because the writing is awful, the cast and directing are fairly sloppy in the delivery. This is a film that doesn't deliver and is very pointless in the way it delivers its comedy. I hated this film, and thought it was a waste of time. The Ugly Truth of this film is that, this is an awful film not worth anyone's time, and is not satisfying in terms of good comedic performances and plot. Avoid this film if you're looking for a great romantic comedy, this isn't such a great film. A terrible cast and director sink this film, and it ends up being tiresome and unimpressive.
Eric A

July 31, 2011
Good acting, but not that original as a romantic comedy.
murphmann93
murphmann93

June 24, 2011
Not the best rom-com but it was really funny and some of the scenes had me crying with laughter.
Jennifer X

April 28, 2011
Okay, I admit that I laughed absurdly hard at the dinner orgasm scene, but having a man and woman be really mean to each other does not a movie make. Not to mention that Katherine Heigl is detestable.
Michael S

July 26, 2009
This movie in all honestly wasn't "too" bad. It had it's moments; though none of those moments were particularly funny. Butler was likable... Heigl; not so much. This is a throwaway film and I doubt I'll remember it in a week.
Dean !

August 22, 2009
One of the better more recent Rom-coms and one which most guys will probably find funny as well, in this battle of the sexes. It is predictable, but aren't they all?! It has some quite adult humour and has some very funny scenes and witty dialogue. Check it out even if you normally avoid the Rom-com genre!
DreamExtractor
DreamExtractor

March 16, 2011
A boring, unfunny film that it has no memorable moments or fun spots
Matt G

January 23, 2011
The film is undeniably entertaining, even though Heigl and Butler have no chemistry, but The Ugly Truth's quirky plot saves it from being a trainreck.

Grade: C
movieguru12
movieguru12

June 20, 2009
I'm a sucker for a good romantic comedy and this was one of them. I adore Katherine Heigl and Gerard Butler is just tooooo cute. They were a match made in heaven in this movie. Great chemistry between the two. I was laughing the whole time! :) Watch It!!! :) You'll laugh from beginning to end! :) I did lol. :) I can watch this over and over again!!!! :) I love it! :) Such a great movie :)
ajaymuthecooldevils
ajaymuthecooldevils

July 22, 2009
Pretty entertaining movie, Katherine Heigl and Gerard Butler gave a great chemistry here as we can say this movie was 'Battle of the Sexes'... Once again Robert Luketic directing a movie that entertains me like 'Legally Blonde', 'Win A Date With Tad Hamilton', '21', and 'Killers'... The story maybe just an ordinary one, two person who first hate each other then realize that they're actually fall in love with each other... And I think there's some little scenes which I thought was unnecessary, been added just to make the movie a little bit length... But I love the "dinner's shake panties" scenes, it was hilarious and Katherine Heigl was doing great in that... Overall, a pretty entertaining movie to be watched...
sanjurosamurai
sanjurosamurai

July 17, 2009
its seems contradictory for me to slam most romantic comedies for being too predictable and unrealistic and then give this film a decent score, since it was predictable and unrealistic, but i liked this flick, so sue me. heigl and butler are both fun people to watch on screen and while this film was considerably flawed as are most from this genre, it was still fun and had some very funny moments. some of the dialogue was a bit too vulgar for this type of film and there were scenes that didnt work well at all, but it was an excellent date movie and nowhere near as bad as i thought it would be. a charming film.
Leigh R

July 29, 2009
Typical romantic comedy. Some funny parts, all sweet and sentimental at the end.
Richard C

July 28, 2010
i actually thought this was funny. not a great movie. i liked it, not a lot, but i thought it was alright. B-
Spencer S

January 24, 2010
Rude. Can't describe it as anything else.
3niR
3niR

January 28, 2010
This was truly hilarious. I couldn't believe I put this on the waiting list and was watching crap movies that were no near laughable. But this is not a family movie.