Movies Like Ultimate Avengers 2: Rise of the Panther

44% Power: Season 1

Ultimate Avengers 2: Rise of the Panther Reviews

muffin0681
September 13, 2012
Mysterious Wakanda. It lies in the darkest heart of Africa, unknown to most of the world. An isolated land hidden behind closed borders, fiercely protected by its young king the BLACK PANTHER. A king hold the fate of the entire earth in his hands. Because brutal alien invaders are coming, soon to fill every sky and control every land, seeking what is buried beneath ancient Wakanda. That leaves the Black Panther with a single option, one that goes against the sacred decrees of his people-to ask for help from outsiders. And so he turns to The Avengers Captain America. Iron Man. Thor. Giant Man. Wasp. And the Incredible Hulk. These mightiest of heroes have battled the aliens before, and barely survived. They thought it was over. They were wrong.

starring the voices of Justing Gross, Grey DeLisle, Michael Masse, Marc Worden, Olivia D'Abo, Nan McNamara, Nolan North, Andre Ware and David Boat.

directed by Will Meugniot, Dick Sebast, Curt Geda, Steven E. Gordon.
July 25, 2012
the 2 one is killer too

Captain America is so cool when do we see a live action one
June 14, 2012
an awesome movie... when is the next one coming out?
May 14, 2012
Not a terrible sequel.
January 2, 2008
This movie is basically a re-hash of the first movie, same villains and heroes, just add Black Panther. The action gets repetitive, we get some new villain ships and develop Kleiser, but we don't even get to see a full fight scene, just the beginning and aftermath. It fails as a sequel because it doesn't develop the superheroes more and just adds more ships and action.
May 12, 2012
About as forgettable as the first one. Not bad for passing the time with, but low on value. It does a good job at fleshing out characters and giving them each their own conflict or subplot, but it fails to make any of them that deep or interesting. Somewhere in the final act it forgets to be fun and devolves into another uninspired fragfest. By the time the Hulk shows up, the movies already lasted too long and I just wanted it to end. Kids or serious fans of the Ultimate Universe may like it, but not really made for anyone else.
May 10, 2012
Not great but good like the first one.
May 7, 2012
Alright..better than the first one.
August 7, 2007
It seemed fitting to catch this what with the blockbuster release of the live action film coming up on Friday. But this movie pretty much sucks. The animation is on par with tv cartoons, the voice work is so-so, and the story is extremely weak. I never really cared for the "Ultimate" universe, but it seems that's the way the movie is going, using Sam Jackson as Nick Fury. I found myself not caring about Wakanda or T'Challa. And the aliens? Ugh. There's no need to catch this film, even if you are a fan.
April 19, 2012
A boring rehash of first Ultimate Avengers animated movie except this time in Wakanda minus hulk and with the addition of the Black Panther (Who pales in comparison to his Avengers Earth's mightiest heroes version). I love the Chitari aka the Skrulls, but one animated film revolving around that story was enough. The best part about this film was the evolving relationship between Hank Pym and Wasp. If marvel had to make another Ultimate Avengers animated movie I don't no why they didn't pull anything from Mark Millar and Bryan Hitch's Ultimate's 2 as they did with Ultimate's 1 in the first movie.
April 18, 2012
VERY GOOD BUT I STILL THINK THE 3RD ONE IS BETTER
April 9, 2012
Only marginally better than the first movie.
April 5, 2012
Great animation, and great action sequence, but story and the tone of the first film were lost in this sequel. Non the less still a fairly good animation, paying a tribute to Marvel's Captain America, Thor, Iron Men, Black Widow, The Hulk, Giant Men, Wasp, and Panther.
Although this focus more on Panther, but Isn't it suppose to be about the original team, The Avengers?
April 3, 2012
Marvelous. action galore.
March 9, 2012
Ultimate Avengers 1 is a movie, while flawed, still manages to have more characterization than this film. The biggest problem with the first movie was how little things were explored. I mean, don't get me wrong the characters are likable, even Giant Man, the whiney prick of a superhero HE is, actually has some character development here. But what strikes me as strange is that even though he's the most developed character, the movie is about Black Panther, who's powers I STILL don't understand to this day. This movie is entertaining, but it's got problems flowing out the ass end of the Hulk.

Could someone please explain to me why this African culture has giant invulnerable alien cannon shooter, FUCK YOU, turrets, yet they still use spears and arrows? I mean to their credit the spears and arrows WORK but that's only because everyone who gets taken down by them, is a bit of a moron. Some unknown alien, and Giant Man, see? Told ya, unknown grunts are always morons in comic stories, and Giant Man has proven before, he's just one big herp derp.

Like the first movie this one has it's moments, but it has way fewer moments, and Captain America's little WW2 to now Crisis was explored better in the first film, and gave him closure, here...I don't understand it, at all. It's just kinda randomly shoved in there.

I guess he's the focus because he was the main character in the last movie, and don't get me wrong I love Captain America, but let's face it, he's already been developed, why not spend more time focusing on Thor and his act of defying his father to save the human race from alien annihilation? They dedicate all of two scenes to that, and that sub-plot NEVER gets any closure, da fuq broski? Da fuq?

This movie is one I can't really see myself recommending outside of the casual "meh, if you liked the first one, I guess you could watch this one, if only out of pure curiosity."

Yep, it's one of those "only watch if you're curious" movies, other than that, just go watch the live action Marvel movies...well except Ghost Rider, that one can sit and spin.
August 26, 2007
Eh, entertaining enough I guess.
February 7, 2012
"Ultimate Avengers 2: Rise of the Panther" 10 Scale Rating: 4.0 (Bad) ...
Danny Smith
December 6, 2011
"Ultimate Avengers 2: Rise of the Panther" 10 Scale Rating: 4.0 (Bad) ...
November 30, 2011
They really shouldn't have pushed their luck by making a sequel.