Umshini Wam - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Umshini Wam Reviews

½ May 6, 2011
Umshini Wam

Definitely a short to look out for

This 15 to 20 minute short is worth seeing if you like the crude, almost dumb slapstick comedy, that South Park and Napoleon Dynamite share together. Personally South Park is one of my favorite tv shows and Napoleon Dynamite one of my Favorite movies, therefore this adds up making this short extremal original and juxtaposing; it is informative yet vapid and dumb at the same time.

From also one of my Favorite rap groups:Die Antwoord. It focuses on two strange outcast friends that want some respect over their suburban neighborhood which they consider to be some sort of hood. They smoke freakishly long joints and get super wild.

The acting is rather surprising as, coming from a group of rappers they are able to create an almost indie/gangster appeal to their character which makes them very lovable-well at least it did so to me- nevertheless its very convincing and fun.

Overall surely a fun little short to watch whenever you want to have a couple of gags at some extreme stupidity.

Yo Landi : "Wake up ninja "
August 5, 2014
Due to this being a short film, I am not giving it an official rating. Disregard the 0%.

Hilariously absurd yet strangely charming, Umshini Wam is a fun short film that shows the surprisingly decent acting skills of South African rap duo Die Antwoord through a silly storyline.
September 17, 2012
Too perfect for words. Cute, charming, funny, sad. It definitely confirmed my undying love for Die Antwoord.
January 2, 2012
Fucking weird, but pretty fucking awesome.
½ September 17, 2011
Crappy short by Harmonie Korine.