• R, 1 hr. 29 min.

38% Taxi Brooklyn: Season 1
43% Young & Hungry: Season 1

Uncle Sam Reviews

July 24, 2014
That was painful. Still lovin Isaac Hayes though!
August 18, 2013
It makes no sense and is mind numbingly dumb yet somehow entertaining in the trashiest way possible.
May 22, 2013
Slickly produced slasher flick gets an A for effort, but the pacing is slow and boring.
March 23, 2013
Uncle Sam is the last film that William Lustig ever directed before taking over the Blue Underground DVD label. It was released in 1997 and direct-to-video to boot, so you can understand why the quality of the final product isn't all that stellar. With the director of Maniac and the Maniac Cop series, as well as the director of The Stuff on writing duties, you would expect it to be something a little more noteworthy, but sadly it isn't. Don't get me wrong though. There's plenty to like about this movie. The concept is good, the make up job they did on Uncle Sam looked good and the general direction of everything is pretty good, but everything else is pretty bland and boring. The whole movie is basically making a point about war and getting a kid who wants to grow up and be a soldier to realize that it isn't just about glory and heroism. It's an odd duck of a movie really, but if you look hard enough and pay attention, you can find some little things to enjoy about it. Watch for cameos by Robert Forster and P.J. Soles, and a horrendous performance from Isaac Hayes.
October 16, 2012
This one was a watchable little horror flick, though it does go off in directions I wasn't expecting, as I thought it'd be more flag waving and less about the interpersonal drama that went on in the family before the titular Sam died, but there ya go. Who knows, I might like it more on a re-watch since I know where it's going from the get go.

Rental.
tonycj92
August 30, 2012
Campy, patriotic, gory nonsense. I loved it.
July 16, 2012
late 90s slasher film from the same guys as maniac cop. much more paced then newer films and comically loaded with one dimensional characters the film offers is sufficiently creepy to have been worth the 12 year wait. That doesnt make it amazing it just makes it what i expected.
spiralrayonshorts
July 4, 2012
Good movie if you can get past the awful acting.
Jake
June 21, 2012
Decent enough slasher horror with a few neat ideas but the whole not that original. Some cool death scenes, nice build up and the ending has a couple of awesome explosions.
Sylvester K

May 26, 2012
Spare me with this bad film, lots of ridiculous plot and random killing. One of the worst serial killers on the planet
Jason T.
January 30, 2012
Uncle Sam Wants you, to sit back and absorb some B horror goodness. This is yet another film I remember walking past in the video store as a kid. The box art had me sold, and unlike Jack Frost, this one had a bit more to offer. A very original twist on a zombie-esk slasher film that was very well worth the watch.
November 16, 2011
Wow, wasn't expecting much, but this definetly hit the B movie status. Not that it's a horrible thing. If you want to watch a really cheesey horror flick with no expectations and be pleasently surprised, then go for this one (if you can find it that is) I definetly give this a 2 1/2 star rating on the Marc-o-meter
November 11, 2011
Minden amerikai állampolgár Samu bácsija most gyilkosk (C)nt is megmutatkozik. William Lustig tapasztalt slasher-master (Maniac Cop 1-2-3, Maniac), szóval a kaszabolásokkal semmi probl (C)ma, de a tört (C)net m (C)g a műfajhoz k (C)pest is butuskára sikeredett. Miután Sam meghal a közel-keleti háborúban, test (C)t visszak 1/4ldik családjának ám valami okból kifolyólag feltámad -a 90 percben ezt nem volt id' megmagyarázni - (C)s a Július 4.-i mulatságon lem (C)szárolja a f (C)l várost. Az Uncle Sam szerencs (C)re b'velkedik az iróniában, pláne az amerikai nemzeti tudat karikatúrájának hangsúlyozásával. "Kellemes" B film (C)s azt is jó jelnek tekintem, hogy szívesen fogadtam volna m (C)g 1-2 folytatást.
August 24, 2011
Nothing to say about this other than "BAD"
Naughtia
Naughtia

May 14, 2010
A very very weird horror movie about an Uncle Sam doll who goes on a killing spree. It didn't really creep me out as much as it made me laugh about the awkwardness of the scenes.
pinnakvinna
June 14, 2009
"Uncle Sam wants you... DEAD!"

October 24, 2010
All I can say was it was great and it's a one of a kind!
January 5, 2010
Typically one would not expect a horror movie to be focused on an American War, unless it was a retelling of a historical account. However, this movie does just that, and is even perhaps borderline offensive to veterans. But, the way the cast draws you into the plot is unforgettable, making this a must see horror movie. It is certainly not like the other gore and slasher films.

The downside of this movie is that it failed in the department of "creepy music for effect". It started some elements of eerie music, but did not use it to its full potential.
Richard F.
May 22, 2009
This movie is really good. I seen it when i was younger becuase my dad liked the movie and i got into it and i think that if you dont like it then dont talk about it.