Unconditional - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Unconditional Reviews

½ July 29, 2013
Unconditional is overly sentimental and a bit forced but it scores points for the sincerity in which it uses both. Though at times Unconditional becomes a bit overbearing the actors involved are able to portray director Brent McCorkle's vision with passion even through all the mush. Unconditional isn't great cinema but it achieves enough feel good moments to make it worthwhile.
September 23, 2012
Loved it, great movie with a great message of faith and hope. Papa Joe is adorable and very convincing. This is a real life story which makes it that much believable.
September 22, 2012
It is rare to see a motion picture that portrays in wide array people in different phases of life, from different backgrounds, etc. with such dignity. In Unconditional, the overall experience is a moving painting in images, words and music of humans arriving through their best and worst behavior to the inevitable truth that love is the one thing we all need and that we all have to give. If you go to this movie with an open mind and open heart, you may well leave the theater as I did--feeling a touch more hopeful that maybe we humans can get over our defensive and partitioned lives to open the door and let ourselves feel like the one big family that we all are a part of.
September 18, 2012
A true story with a good faith based storyline. This is a different character for Michael Ealy yet he pulls it off. In theatres this Friday, 9/21.
September 8, 2015
I know there are people who didn't want to feel as touched as they did when they watched this movie, but face the music: Audience score versus Critics. Regardless of any flaws the "experts" say about the movie's mushiness, simplistic or cliché characteristics, this movie broke emotional walls I didn't even realize I had up. In this time when we're inundated with violence and hate crimes, this "simple" film was refreshing, its impact perhaps life-altering.

I dare you to watch this on a night where you don't have to be anywhere or answer to anyone, in a private place where you can be totally alone and uninterrupted. Open yourself to it, no bullshit or ego, and see what happens.
September 1, 2015
Loved this movie. Loved Michael Ealy as Papa Joe.
June 20, 2015
The acting in this movie is quite good but the storyline is what really hits home, thrilling but endearing all in one. Based on a true hero.
December 28, 2014
Damn this movie brought me to the fetal position, wallowing in my tears :(
October 12, 2014
This is one of the best movies I've seen in a very long time. Great message, nice overlapping of time, touching, beautiful. Not without its faults and cliches, but it completely pierced my soul and encompasses what I want to do with my life. Amazing.
August 17, 2014
I just watched "unconditional," the movie (based a true story) & it was wonderful & moving. The true nature of love expressed at its best! I rate unconditional 5 stars.
May 21, 2014
As good as advertised
½ September 19, 2012
Wow!! if you're looking for a beautiful and uplifting movie, check out Unconditional!! what a great film!! Inspired by a true story, this is a great film about redemption. Even in life's most challenging circumstances, God's unconditional love remains! Oh we need more Papa Joe's in this world!!
February 24, 2014
Despite having a few too many flashbacks and being a bit overdramatic at times, McCorkle's "Unconditional" more than makes up for it with solid acting and a touching story that tugs at the heartstrings. What's more, it's even got a few surprises up its sleeve! Aside from some violence and a bit of mild language, this film would make for a great movie night with your preteen/teen kids.
October 15, 2013
one of the best inspirational movie... please film more like this!!
½ January 28, 2014
Awesome Story,Good Acting,Epic True Story, And Good Mystery Element.
January 2, 2014
Amazing film! Inspiring and wonderful to watch!
½ March 15, 2013
that movie has a lot of messages for you
November 18, 2013
i cried on "would u be my Dad" . loved this movie :)
½ September 4, 2013
Unconditional is a hopeful, sometimes corny yet inspirational movie based on the real life events of Joe Crawford. Powerful performances by Lynn Collins and Michael Ealy make this movie worth a watch.