—— The Purge: Anarchy Jul 18

80% Vicious: Season 1
—— Witches of East End: Season 2

Under Siege Reviews

July 9, 2014
Seagal's best film, Tommy Lee Jones and Gary Busey play great lead villains and Seagal is not bad either. All around, a fun action movie.
The Critic
July 8, 2014
Steven Seagal's career-defining film is a fun enough, albeit unexceptional, action caper (though the manner in which archival footage is blended into the production is outstanding). People are creatively killed, things are blown up, there's some wonderful tough guy talk and Tommy Lee Jones is perfectly cast as the cartoon villain. As enjoyable as it is forgettable, it was nominated for two technical Academy Awards and was followed by a sequel in 1995.
June 29, 2014
It's one of my favorite Die Hard Ripoff.
TheFeldster
June 15, 2014
A rare Steven Seagal success story, "Under Siege" is quite openly a product of its time, but still a pretty fun mindless action film.

The film, directed by Andrew Davis (Above the Law, The Fugitive), tells the story of a cook/former SEAL, who must overcome a team of terrorists who have taken control of a Navy battleship.

While Seagal pulls out his martial arts moves a few times, most of the fun comes from the insanity ridden performances as the terrorist ringleaders by Tommy Lee Jones and Gary Busey. Jones in particular is so memorable that he raises this film from a middling so-so action film into a memorable flick that you could potentially rewatch.

A fun action romp.
June 7, 2014
So dopey. Yet somehow Seagal's most believable movie... good amount of various types of action, and sometimes a bit shockingly brutal. Lamest female character so far though.
July 4, 2012
Tommy Lee jones once agan saves an action film that is routine and predictable
April 30, 2014
This movie got me interested in Steven segal action films. The plot is good, the action is great, I don't know, there's just something about a navy seal kicking ass
J M.
April 18, 2014
"Predictable yes (Entertaining none the less)"

****

This film is sure to please action film fans; it has all the things: that a martial art, thriller, film, fan would want & added in with it is an all star cast & some decent humor that made the film entertaining, for many viewers.

Predictable yes
(Entertaining none the less)

~

I give this martial arts thriller film a B + (Bright)
February 24, 2014
It's Die Hard at see. Although Steven Segal's acting is almost funny to watch and there are some pacing issues, this is a badass time at the movies!
February 14, 2014

Predictable yes (entertaining none the less) but most films like this are; all the clichés like the bad guys taking control of the show early on to the good guy dismantling them single handily: for half the movie. A damsel in distress must be rescued; the leader of the good guys: & the head honcho of the bad guys have the climax showdown. The good guy saves the day no less.

~

I give this martial arts thriller film a B +.
August 19, 2011
Critically Seagal's Best Film. This Reunites Seagal With Director Andrew Davis (Above The Law, The Fugitive), For A Fun, Action/Thriller That May Be Predictable But Is Extremely Entertaining. This Thriller Has Some Great Writing, Solid Directing And A Show-Stealing Performance From Tommy Lee Jones (Which Without Would Make The Film Fall Flat). The Direction Creates A Claustrophobic Atmosphere Which Gives This A Realism To It. Compiled With Nice Short Action Sequences And An Excellently Choreographed Knife Fight.
duncancomputer
January 20, 2014
Really the only Seagal movie I like. Terrific action scenes and lots of battleship tech, with some eye candy female diversion thrown in.
January 13, 2014
Probably the only Stephen Seagal movie you will ever take remotely seriously, Under Siege deserves a viewing mostly because of its supporting cast. Tommy Lee Jones, and Gary Busey play hammy villians whose over-the-top performances perfectly compliment seagal's typical, "soft" style. The always memorable Busey even dresses up in drag and dances way too enthusiastically at the pivotal party scene. It's completely unnecessary in terms of plot, but absolutely worth it. Jones manages a relatively outstanding performance given the terrible script, which for all its problems does deliver a few gems, such as one when Seagal is trying to rally the surviving crew. As one member protests taking back the ship, Seagal reminds him, "this isn't a job; this is an adventure!" The plot is basically a generic action story that plays its hand within the opening minutes, when Busey's character orders to have the number of guards patrolling the missiles reduced. Also, the war room features probably the most incompetent group of army generals ever in a motion picture. The plan they hatch is absurdly ridiculous and inadequate. Thank goodness the Navy staffs cooks with deep, military and martial arts experience.
November 27, 2013
Well-produced Action-Schlocker starting the career of acting-non-talent Steven Seagal. Campy, hollow fun, that did not age too well. The plot is beyond absurd.
April 3, 2012
I have lived with the impression for years that Steven Seagal is a terrible actor and so I just figured Under Siege would be another monotonous Seagal flick that I would suffer through just to say I had seen it, however I excited to say Under Siege is a great little action flick, as long as you enjoy 80s style actioneers. It makes me even happier to say that Seagal more than impressed me with his rendering of the charismatic but lethal cook. Under Siege is nothing that has been done before or after (and in many cases better) but it really thrives under Seagal's superb performance which is something I never thought I would ever say after seeing a few of his other films.
October 24, 2013
Not great, but I believe that it's only one good action movie for Steven Seagal. Thanks for two villain actors - Tommy Lee Jones and Gary Busey - to give a great performance.
October 12, 2013
The best Steven Segal film.
October 11, 2013
"No wonder your a cook you fight like a faggot".
Bengel W.
October 10, 2013
Steven gives the best performance of his acting career and this is polished by Tommy as they act out their little old hearts. The direction and editing give a tight and easy to follow story that is complimented by simple music adding to the temperament of the scenes. Ending is usual, setting around last moments but adds to the thrill. Nibbles: Chocolate Mousse.
October 5, 2013
Absolutely brilliant film. Cheesy, Funny and up there with Die Hard and Predator as films you've seen millions of times but when it comes on the TV you carry on watching.