64% The Maze Runner Sep 19

71% Dallas: Season 3
62% Under the Dome: Season 2

Under the Cherry Moon Reviews

October 6, 2013
It's not Prince's worst movie, but it's certainly incompetent. The comedy is misplaced and the romance is just plain goofy. However, the film does set up an atmosphere that, I must admit, I didn't dislike.
June 9, 2014
I've gone on record liking this movie. Gonna have that record expunged, til I change my mind, again.
October 27, 2012
Swooningly silly. I know it's junk but I just can't resist it's siren's song.
April 4, 2012
MY FAVORITE PRINCE MOVIE
April 9, 2013
A stale and unexciting vanity project for Prince.
August 17, 2013
Get the original soundtrack album;but forget this movie!
filmlover1994
July 31, 2013
My Favorite Film Is 1941's Citizen Kane.
December 7, 2012
Would like to see at some stage.
AJ V

December 6, 2012
This movie was very funny, I would have rated it lower if it didn't keep making me laugh. Prince normally seems to have a very serious personality with his music, so it's refreshing, surprising and funny to see him joking around. This was also a good movie considering that he directed it too, it's not easy to do both, especially when you're not actually a professional film director. The sets and cinematography are beautiful too, they're in tune with his music. The one thing I would like to say I didn't expect, was the ending. I wasn't sure whether it was the right kind of ending or not. On one hand it was realistic, but on the other hand, it feels like a let down. But overall I liked it.
November 30, 2012
A ten dollar hooker masquerading as a high price escort but it could be worse. It's utterly self indulgent and the players look like they equated screen time with acting prowess. It's not a complete failure,there is Prince's soundtrack to offset the bland cheesiness, and some of the dialogue between the characters is charming but stick to Purple Rain if you want a real exposition on Princes marginal acting talent trumped by his explosive stage presence.
November 19, 2012
Down right PERFECT!!!
October 28, 2012
Under the Cherry Moon is a great looking film with style to spare and wonderful camera work that showcases the South of France, but overall, it's a 30's melodramatic storyline updated to 80's standards and the result is varied. Prince plays a gigolo who uses weathly women that he picks up at the Cherry Moon club until he meets his match with a spolied heiress Mary(Kristin Scott-Thomas in her film debut.) the chemistry between the two seem forced but the real chemistry lies with Prince and his cousin Tricky(Jerome Benton) they are a joy to watch together the only time this film comes to life. The costumes and soundtrack is first class, sadly a better storyline would have helped but I liked this movie over the really dreadful Grafitti Bridge with Prince.
October 13, 2012
OMG THIS IS MY FAVE MOVIE OF ALL TIME...
October 3, 2012
I know it is bad but I friggin LOVE this movie. I have no excuses for myself. I just do.
October 1, 2012
really enjoyed the music...
July 9, 2012
Another of Prince's music video-like films. I totally loved the soundtrack but the rest of the picture was a mess. Under different direction it COULD have been better. Formulaic.
June 16, 2012
Should have stopped at Purple Rain.
April 16, 2012
Michael Ballhaus?? Kristen Scott Thomas's first role? Album was great.. but I knew there was a reason I waited 18 years to see the movie. I will not give it a bad review because I like Prince. MSG was one of the best concerts I've ever been to..
April 14, 2012
The 2nd best prince movie
April 5, 2012
In Prince's sophomore effort, he plays a gigolo on the French Riviera who falls for Kristen Scott Thomas(in her debut)and trades wits with his pal Jerome Benton(of The Time, but without the mirror).Although I loved the music, the movie is so so. directed by Prince himself.