20% Transcendence Apr 18

November 12, 2013
Tuesday, November 12, 2013

(1988) Under The Gun
ACTION

Homicide cop Mike Braxton had just been put in leave as a result of his getting over his partner's death. Meanwhile, his brother Tony succeeds into stealing a toxic plutonium rod into a lunch box for a self absorbed businessman Simon Stone (John Russell) who intends to double cross all the people who participated in this particular assignment by eliminating them afterwards, except that Tony succeeds in escaping but before he was killed he managed to give out Simon's name by means of phone call to his brother Mike so that he'd know who to go after. And the next thing you know, Mike Braxton seeks retribution but with the help of Samantha (Vanessa Williams) whose a rookie lawyer representing bad guy Simon.

I think it was during this time that movies done on a low budget were starting to go straight to home video instead of showing them in theatres since they seem to be made very quickly. For the action sequences are fake and sometimes poorly executed, they would contain no logic with mediocre acting and this one is no exception. Now, it was also during at that time I was craving for great action movies, and now that I saw it, I can see now that I actually made the right choice.

1 star out of 4