Underground - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Underground Reviews

½ November 1, 2013
Terrible. I couldn't get through 30 minutes. It's Undisputed 3: Redemption, but with essentially no plot or characters, bad direction and shot with an old phone.
January 30, 2011
Lacks in both plot and execution, but i still found the fight sequences to be entertaining. The sudden love interest one of the characters get midway are laughable. It just has no place in a film with barely no real actors. shit almost all fighters in the film use their real life names for their characters.
October 1, 2008
A very uninspired fight movie. The acting is terrible, the fighting is pretty forgetable and the story is hard to watch for the most part. It gets 2 stars for having a few things that movies need, such as credits and I am pretty sure I saw a "Grip"s name listed, and some punches were thrown, although lamely. Overall, Skip it.
January 1, 2008
good to see 10 out of 10
June 17, 2008
It might be a paper-thin story but this is a highly polished showcase of British action talent doing what they do best.
May 14, 2008
A solid UK martial arts indie action movie, shot & directed well with some great fight scenes although not enough of Zara! lol
½ May 9, 2008
The tag on the poster is exactly what this film is, just real brutal action! fantastic fight scenes all shot brilliantly, although the character development is a little slow to start with, by the end you will definately be rooting for one of the fighters (i rooted for mark "the homeless" who is actually a pretty decent bloke as well as a kick ass fighter) all in all definately worth a watch!
May 4, 2008
was ok ,looked low budget but good if ur into martial arts.
April 22, 2008
so far still got to watch rest yet
August 20, 2007
A film that grew on me the more I watched it. The lack of story and depth in the characters does leave the story lacking. Action is good enough to watch and Danny John-Jules will always be a legend.
March 24, 2008
I hardly give bad ratings but this one sucked elephant balls. It was terrible in all areas: the plot, the acting, and effects used. IMO, the director needs to learn more about creating better movies...
March 23, 2008
not bad a movie ba wz xpectin more....
½ February 25, 2008
I was hoping for some witty UK action movie reminiscent of Guy Ritchie flicks but instead got this horrible indie flick with absolutely no plot or character development whatsoever. Didn't make it past the first 30 minutes - one of the worst movies I've ever seen.
January 29, 2008
Nice fight sceens ! The acting and plot is very poor.
January 21, 2008
A very bad imitation of movies like 'Mortal Combat', 'Dead or Alive',... After only 11 minutes I stopped watching this movie.
½ January 18, 2008
HORRIBLE...simply put. Worse than Van Damme flicks and that is saying A LOT.
½ December 21, 2007
well i didnt expect so much from this movie , but it was a diferent kind of movie and i liked that
½ December 2, 2007
You want the film end after the first 10 minutes!!! A total failure!!!
½ October 14, 2007
A surprisingly good low budget underground fighting film!! It's been a while since the genre had something worth watching and much like Van Damme's "Lionheart" it definitely has a good plot to go with the action. The movie gives brief biographies of the fighters and their financial supporters which makes it much more interesting than the usual "chop socky". The fighting sequences are quite raw and at times slow like an exhibition fight but quite effective and entertaining. It also has an unexpected final winner of the tournament which catches you off-guard. If you are an avid fan of the genre you'll be quite pleased with the film!!
July 29, 2007
Do watch this movie is you are interested in watching some good fight scenes... do NOT watch this movie if you want a story/plot.